Wheel repair/restoration shop in Raleigh vicinity?

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone had any wheels repaired (some curb rash that needs material welded on and the wheel turned on a lathe) and refinished at a shop in or around Raleigh? If so, would you recommend the shop?

I've seen that California Chrome Wheel has a good rep and their prices seem reasonable. It would be great if there is someone local to avoid the shipping hassle. But shipping is always an option...

Thanks.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Matt at Kwicksilver in Charlotte (if not too far away). I can get 'em restored as well. Shoot me a pic and I can give you an idea what it ought to cost.
-chip (Rim Repair and Restoration)

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the guy here in Fayetteville personally, great guy. Tell him I(Steve Ricketts)sent you.Kwicksilver Wheel RepairJosh Forsberg 910-229-7095

OP
OP
C

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Matt at Kwicksilver in Charlotte (if not too far away). I can get 'em restored as well. Shoot me a pic and I can give you an idea what it ought to cost.
-chip (Rim Repair and Restoration)

Thanks Chip. I've attached some shots of the wheel with the curb rash. It looks as if the gouging is deep enough that additional aluminum would need to be welded to the wheel and then spun on a lathe to reform the lip to give it the OEM profile. The alternative is to find another wheel or another set.

You must be registered for see images attach

I know the guy here in Fayetteville personally, great guy. Tell him I(Steve Ricketts)sent you.Kwicksilver Wheel RepairJosh Forsberg 910-229-7095

Thanks Steve. I'll give Josh a call. Forsberg...he must be a Swede.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
budget repair $85-$100ea, I don't think there's enough lip missing to require a bead/re-machining. There's always that chance you'll have a miniscule transition between original wheel lip/weld. But then again, If you're wanting back to original specs, you'd probably be looking in the $175ea plus range. You might be able to find some used one's in "A" condition for $250 range? ? ?
You must be registered for see images

Not the same wheel, but you get the idea.