When should I RE-align my car for the track??

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a year since my last track alignment (-1.77 front, -1.01 rear camber). Being an alignment is $160 do I need to re-align the car once a year (30 track days). I've had the 999 recall done (I don't think that affects the alignment), I had a new rack & pinion put in (I think that only requires a redo on the toe) otherwise I haven't banged anything hard, is there a rule of thumb as to when to align?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more you lean on the tires (especially with Hoosiers) the more your bushings will deflect. Eventually, they take a set. Go for an alignment now and it probably won't look very much like it did a year ago.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what everyone does, but we now rescale the car every 3 races and recheck alignment specs before EVERY event. We have the alignment tools and I guess having a certified Viper tech and road racer and circle track racer as crew chief definitely has had its advantages. It has showed as we have had podium finishes in our last 3 SCCA races.

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ron, how's it going?

Are you running the sport-shims removed? They're supposed to be good for another -1 deg camber. I was told no re-alignment was required, pop them in, pop them out, no worries. My alignment guy had a different opinion though. He aligned the car then I removed the shims and took it back about a week later and he said the toe was way out. So I guess the answer is leave them in or leave them out, but an easy back and forth isn't an obvious outcome.