Where will Truck and Trailer Parking Be?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where will the truck and trailer parking be? I did tick off on my registation that I would need it, but where do I need to go when I arrive? Will I be parking the trailer on the hotel property, or will it be somewhere off location? :dunno:

Also, will the rig parking be in a secure location as well so I don't get a free new paint job by local artists? ;) :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Robert

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of us have contacted them about trailer parking.

Per the response that Venomiss received:

Just got off the phone with JRT earlier today if you haven't already talked with them.

There will be an off site area with security and a shuttle for people with trailers.
The information for the site will be going out in VOI packets.

###############################################

And the info I got via email:

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your note. Yes, there will be trailer parking onsite. Since
the MGM and Motor City so close to one another we are looking for a
mutually convenient spot between the 2 hotels. A few locations have been
identified and we are awaiting the appropriate approvals. We should
know more in the next week or so and we will send you an update.

Looking forward to seeing you in Detroit!

So it sounds like there will be "secured offsite parking" for truck/trailer rigs.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told this info will be included in the packet sent out to us before we go.....
Still waiting.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chuck,
I haven't received my info packet yet, but they have said that the info for truck/trailer parking will be in it. You joining Dimitrios for the Tuesday caravan?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chuck,
I haven't received my info packet yet, but they have said that the info for truck/trailer parking will be in it. You joining Dimitrios for the Tuesday caravan?

Dimitrios's caravan vs truck/trailer? I guess the V8 is coming out and the V10 is going in!! :drive:

Thanks for the update! :cool:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios's caravan vs truck/trailer? I guess the V8 is coming out and the V10 is going in!! :drive:

Thanks for the update! :cool:

hehe...I believe we're going to have someone with a truck/trailer in our caravan as well....I don't plan on trying to set any land speed records, just get there safely. We're meeting up with Dimitrios and anyone travelling with him in Ohio....should be fun!!!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bernie, I know there are a BUNCH of people who haven't received there info packets yet, but VCA HQ has stated that all the info about trailer parking will be included. If I don't see mine by end of this week, I'm going to make a call.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only place that i think they might give you guys with trailers space is by the GM builings, renaissance center, by the water there is a huge vacant area/lot. theres usually festivals there and such.its about several blocks from motorcity and that rail train thing is there too that stops in greek town. i could be wrong as the property might be GM owned and we all know that aint happening

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post yesterday indicated the the mailings would be going out TODAY 8/13, so hopefully we will see them by Friday. Bernie, are you planning to join our caravan departing from the Frederick, MD area at 8am Tues? Will remind me of the old days towing with you along the turnpike ;-)

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Kelly! What is the address of the meeting place, with my 48ft trailer I can't just stop for gas like the caravan will be doing, it will have to be only at the Truck stops. I don't to hold anybody up? So noted and nee to make sure ther is ample turn around space as my rig is pretty long.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Kelly! What is the address of the meeting place, with my 48ft trailer I can't just stop for gas like the caravan will be doing, it will have to be only at the Truck stops. I don't to hold anybody up? So noted and nee to make sure ther is ample turn around space as my rig is pretty long.

48 foot trailer??? Wow....got room for another Viper on there? I'll pay your gas! :lmao::lmao:

It looks like John M. found us a nice area with a big turnaround...I'm not sure if it's big enough for a 48 foot trailer though....I'll definitely ask.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
trailer parking will be located across the MGM hotel. its open from tuesday 26th 12noon till monday sept 1st. the lot is not gravel. trailer WILL not be allowed in viper parking areas.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not got mine yet either!:(

But I can hardly wait!:drive: I got so excited that the info packs are coming that I think I just ***'d myself!:omg::lmao:

VOI is coming, VOI is coming! La la la la la la la. Yeah!

P.S. Do not worry if you see a guy at VOI running around with a diaper on. It just means I am still having accidents due to the excitment!;):rolleyes::eater:

Robert

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where will the truck and trailer parking be? I did tick off on my registation that I would need it, but where do I need to go when I arrive? Will I be parking the trailer on the hotel property, or will it be somewhere off location? :dunno:

Also, will the rig parking be in a secure location as well so I don't get a free new paint job by local artists? ;) :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Robert

Graffiti is the least of your concerns. Detroit area thieves regularly hook up to trailers that are unattended. Make sure that area's guarded 24/7, with no unguarded lunch breaks that offer windows of opportunity. You never know how many thieves are reading this forum..

A guy was just shot and paralyzed last Saturday morning when carjackers took his 2008 Maserati . Carjacking, slaying suspect faces charges

Don't be gassing up after dark in Metro Detroit, though daylight isn't necessarily a guarantee of safety in the D either.

Car jackings seem to happen more than once a week.

Just take precautions.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go:

trailermap2.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456