Where's my post?

Discussion in 'Sneaky Pete's Place' started by Mopar Steve, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Mopar Steve

Mopar Steve Viper Owner

Whole thread is missing? I posted a response about people stepping up and participating and it is gone.

2. CWhiteRun

CWhiteRun Has Left the Room!

Poof, gone. :(

3. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

Yes sir, I took your advice, the one word you used that was in all CAPS

4. Sam Goldfarb

Sam Goldfarb Viper Owner

Hammer Time!
    hammer_time.jpg

5. Mopar Steve

Mopar Steve Viper Owner

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  6. ViperJeff

Effective today midnight I resign

Good luck

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  7. shooter_t1

shooter_t1 Has Left the Room!

Uh let me find it here..oh ya here it is. The response you gave me yesterday via PM....cya. Oh wait, what's the one you gave CwhiteRun the other day?. Yep, found it. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out"

Uh heck. Those are pretty harsh. How about this. From me to you, in truthfulness, no spite. "You could have made a difference."

8. Sam Goldfarb

Sam Goldfarb Viper Owner

farewell1.jpg .......

9. ViperJeff

There are some pretty awesome people here, mix in a handfull where the only mission is to tear the place down.

I've been considering this for some time. There is no way to win at this game that is being played. For every good thing someone does, there is someone to tear it down. For every change, another change is requested. When difficult questions are asked and the demanded answer isn't given, more tear down. All the good people in the world can't defend against a few with poor intentions.

So, I can ban or moderate those that are a disturbance in making it a better place and fun communication, which leads to nothing changed, I'm as bad as the former group.

I can clean up threads based on request, content, direction and it leads to the same response... nothing changed, I'm as bad as the former group.

Request was made to clean up the boards and bring them current.... done. The response was it doesn't mean a thing, kill three members...

There will always be a caveat (cave - at). There is no intention ever that the ones causing issues to ever becoming members because there will always be one more thing.... always!

Then in PM's the ultimate card is played, "Hey, I got a Viper, where's yours!" not an exact quote.

It's very simple, the VCA members here that want to have fun and enjoy are out screamed by those that just want to tear things down.. pure opinion. The VCA members that want to see things grow and be something fun again have to stop thinking "what is the VCA going to do for me" they need to be thinking what can they do to help their club, like Lisa.

People keep bringing up the Bylaws, follow them and do the right thing and while your at it, re write them and have a concrete direction that is dictated to them from the fringe. Well, by any version of the Bylaws, I shouldn't even be here little lone helping. Silly me, it was my time to volunteer so what the hell, but I will respect the bylaws and do whats right.

CJ, I have given you everything I have access to. I will answer each and every question you have of me until you're comfortable with the day to day stuff. John will have to do the rest. Here in the coming days I'll have you modify anything I forget when I do the final change to my user.

The thing that saddens me the most is Bill and Janey are good people. Their heart and soul is behind this and are putting every effort into it. In this age of immediate satisfaction, some don't understand that in just a short time Bill has dealt with and worked on a massive pile of crap. Organized it, made sense of it and has plans to get it done. Not a single one of the people pissing and moaning care about the progress that has been made. They care about their current "gotcha" item.... 3 people... Really???? So many other more important things to work on. Bylaws, important.... just not first on the plate. (opinion)

I know there will be those that will rip apart this post and list all the things wrong with it, knock yourself out.

Have a great time all, the Viper will always be my drug of choice

Vj

10. Bobpantax

Bobpantax VCA Member - South Florida

Hi Jeff. Too frequently, people do not recognize the time of volunteers. You have spent hundreds of hours monitoring this site. A thankless job. No one can do the job perfectly. There will always be disagreements about posts. Thank you for the time you contributed and let's see who steps up to the plate to volunteer their time to do the job you are vacating. I hope that you continue with your work regarding the history of the Viper. It was, and is, very useful data. Take care.

11. Mopar Steve

Mopar Steve Viper Owner

My deleted post was intended to motivate other members to step up and participate. To donate their time to the club the same as others here. I previously was an officer on the md/va/de region. I have hosted events, and participated since '99. It was a post that suggested that others do the same rather than just dictate what they want from the club. I suggested that those people step up and pay their dues and contribute rather than take.

My capital letter word was STOP. As in "Stop asking what the club can do for you, rather ask what you can do for your club" Stop posting questions on what the club can offer you the member rather what you as a paying member can offer the club.

I thought this was a pretty motivational post but instead it was removed.

Those that are here, those that own Vipers, those that love the car hobby need to get back to basics and make this club what it can be. a world class club supporting a world class car.

I've owned 6 Vipers and 2 Viper trucks, I've been a paying member since my first Viper. There are other Viper Web sites and forums but I have always had my algience here to this club and as long as it remains, I will be a paying member.

If posts get deleted, then delete the posts by the whining and complaining members and support those that encourage supporting this site and the VCA.

12. labtec

labtec Viper Owner

......this is one of the best and more importantly "accurate" posts I have seen in a long time. Thank you ViperJeff for everything you have done as a moderator and will continue to do as a productive member of the forum.

13. 3whitevipers

3whitevipers VCA Member - South

Viper Jeff-
    I hate that you are dropping back. You have been a great asset for this club--best of everything--Dave

14. ViperJeff

Not leaving, just not being a moderator. I am still helping CJ with a variety of web stuff and other places where I can help

It's going to be a fun year :D

15. Bad Brad

Bad Brad Viper Owner

Viper Jeff you are caught between a rock and a hard spot, No satisfying answer here. In any club/organization/Political atmosphere there is No way can you can Please everyone. Continue to be Honest, Ethical, and keep your Integrity true to yourself and what you believe. You will be successful and you will sleep comfortable at night knowing you have done the best you can. Don't let anything you decide be heavy on your Mind. Life is too short, Enjoy life, have FUN with your Viper, feel Good on what you have , and what you will contribute in the future. Good Night and Rest well.

16. ViperJeff

Absolutely I will...... The Viper is still on my "To Get List"..... :D :D :D

17. Paul Hawker

Paul Hawker Viper Owner

Jeff.

Sorry about your experience. You got your share of people trying to build themselves up by tearing other people down.

18. ViperJeff

The Good news.....

It's good to be talking Vipers again :D

19. shooter_t1

Hey I have a Viper question. Have you ever owned a Viper Jeff?

20. ViperJeff

No shooter, you know that from many a discussion on multiple message boards. That probably won't change any time in the near future or at all. Still won't change my support for the Viper Club as you also know.

21. shooter_t1

Thanks for the answer Jeff. I couldn't remember if you had ever owned one. I just wanted to see how many people are "members here", yet have never owned Viper's. I thought "Legacy member's" were prior owners.

22. ViperJeff

I'm the only one I know of that volunteer's at this level. I help at a position that used to be a paid position (web administration). I do this at no cost to the club. Now the vast majority of those responsibilities fell to CJ.

I work at the pleasure of Bill White and the BOD, or any future VCA staff and understand that my position can be terminated at any time without cause

Jeff

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  23. ViperCeeJ

ViperCeeJ Viper Club of America Business Office

Yes, the bylaws state that "The National board may confer Honorary membership on a person for such period as it chooses." We do not have a separate heading in the computerized system for Honorary, so it was an Administrative decision to group Jeff under the Legacy heading - after he was unanimously voted in by the Board for the hours of dedication he has provided the club for the Viper Registry, Viper Trivia, Website Moderation, and all-around positive reinforcement and support. Jeff is the only one. No one else can renew as a Legacy Member without a prior membership number. There is no point for this issue to continue. It is by the book.

24. ViperJeff

I can bypass the control panel and hot wire in "Honorary"

25. broomrider

broomrider VCA Member - Gulf States

Shooter, Jeff did own a Viper Truck. Its the Same heart that beats in a Viper car. Not that your antagonistic questions deserve an answer. Nevertheless you have your answer. Quit being a douche bag

26. ViperJeff

Broom, I can tell you that the Viper Truck arguement holds no water here, as it is a car club, however, I can't seem to find an arguement for your last sentence.....

27. CWhiteRun

Quoted. Nice personal attact. So if I called you a name, I would get banned, but because you are a female, it's all fair game? :rolleyes:

28. broomrider

I believe I wasn't speaking to you.

29. CWhiteRun

Personal attacks are not tolerated on this forum.

30. broomrider

Then you should apply that to yourself. Oh wait you aren't even a member. Have a nice day sir