Whew! It's quiet in here!

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings Nevada, and to you MoparMan. Hang in there, it takes time for some to get comfortable with using these forums. I'm with the New England region, my Viper is a 2003 SRT-10. I have a son that lives out there, he's an officer with Metro. In fact, when my wife and I were out there this past December for his academy graduation, we saw a Viper that looks like your Avatar. It was over in the Summerlin area where my son is living. He calls me everyday with the weather updates. As we have been freezing back east, he's been basking in the warm sun shine. This weekend is looking pretty good for getting the snake out around town for awhile. Just to shake out the mothballs. Hope you have a great riding season, stay safe.

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You probably did see my GTS as I live in the Summerlin area and my Viper is my daily driver. As far as I know, mine is the only black & silver GTS on this side of town. Thanks to you son for his efforts as a law enforcement officer and let him know not to pull over a black & silver GTS or a slate & silver SRT-10 coupe!

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He knows better, he wouldn't be able to catch up with you anyways. And, your right, it had to be you. We were at one of the many stop lights and you were stopped across from us. I pointed the car out to my wife when the light turned green, I liked the color scheme. Yours was the only Viper I saw out there at the time. My son is stationed down near the strip, next to Mandalay Bay.
How many members do you have in your region? I'm not sure on our numbers at this time. It seems to grow every year. I think it's around 100 + or -. Our spring kickoff is coming up in couple of weeks with a cruise to Mystic, Connecticut. Our members range from Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. At somepoint throughout the year we get together with the New York, New Jersey group. Two years ago we cruised out to New York city with them for a cruise to ground zero. The clubs got together and was able to provide a donation to one of the wives of a Port Authority Police Lieutenant that had lost his life. It was a solemn moment and you don't really feel its strength until your there.
If I see your car the next time out there, I will introduce myself. Drive safe....

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only other black & silver GTSs I've seen in Vegas were at the second Mopars at the Strip and at VOI.9. I've been told there was another one in town at one point, but I heard that car was unfortunately totalled.

We have over 70 members in our region, which encompasses the entire state. Each year we gain a few from new car purchases but we usually lose about the same amount. In the last few months I've become aware of a few members who have quit because of the person we have in charge of the region and the highly questionable things he has pulled. I've also run into several people who were once members but quit or refuse to be members of our region because of the person in charge of it. Things have become even worse since the latest elections. Interest in the club among the active members seems to be waning and the club in general seems to be dying.

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand your feelings. Have you directed the members thoughts to the, VCA honchos? You would think that they would be able to make the necessary changes. Our region is very active. During the driving season, I think every weekend has a function planned. Every member seems to come up with an idea for a weekend trip to somewhere. For the past 3 seasons, we have held a, New England style clambake at a members home, in August the club sponsers a major car show in New Hampshire with the proceeds going to the, New Hampshire Make-A-Wish program. The show is open to any exotic and actually just about anything on wheels. The turn-out increases every year.
Most of our functions are derived from the members and many are held at members homes or vacation homes on a lake. Go to our website for more information and feel free to contact anyone of us for suggestions. The wives and girlfriends of our membership is also involved, so it becomes a family affair as well. Everyone gets along really well with each other with the cars as the center attraction.
I wish you well, but try starting with your current membership and suggest some day long our weekend rides even if it's just to no where. May I suggest a weekender to San Diego or day trip to the wineries in southern Cal? I bet you'd get a good size group together that enjoys the cameraderie and the drive. Again, our members are always coming up with great ideas. Check our site out, look at the calender of events and go into the photo section as well. Good luck and please let me know how this season goes, we're all in this together.......

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the ideas. Actually, I have presented my concerns to all four national officers and our zone director. They have, in one way or another, expressed that they are powerless to do anything and in some cases have little or no desire to do anything whatsoever. Because of the way the regions are each separately incorporated, the VCA is more of a confederation of local regions than it is an organization with centralized authoriity and this limits the ability of outside figures do a whole lot within the regions anyway.

We've tried to get some of the type things you mention going, but between our unmotivated members and our president who has a negative attitude towards anything new and pretty much shoots everything down we're stagnating badly. Our last set of elections got very nasty thanks to the president and I think that has alot to do with the lack of interest in the club.

It sounds like you guys have a really good group in your region, so please appreciate it while you can!

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Move East young man, move East, you'll fit in just fine up this way. We'll even make you into a Red Sox and Patriots fan. I wish your group a lot luck in getting things moving. Maybe our paths will cross someday. If, you ever go into the, Upper Crust pizza place that is near you, (it used to be Back East Pizza), the 2 girls that run the place are from East Boston. I got to meet both of them when I was out there in December. Tell them you've been talking with the detective from Harvard, MA whose son is with Metro. Maybe they'll hook you up with a pizza or two. Good luck and drive safe.......

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I grew up in Chicago and I've been a Bears fan since '75, so you'll never make me into a Patriots fan!

If you're looking for good pizza here, you should also try Metro Pizza. They've got a pretty good stuffed pizza, although not as good as can be had in Chicago.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<<Thanks for all the ideas. Actually, I have presented my concerns to all four national officers and our zone director. They have, in one way or another, expressed that they are powerless to do anything and in some cases have little or no desire to do anything whatsoever...<<<

Bad memories come to my mind.

Wish you luck with the hopefully coming CHANGES in your area/region, Matt!

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt, what are gas prices like where you are. They are pressing the $3.00 USD per Gallon in my area for 93 octane. (USA east coast, Boston) And I think it's higher on the West coast.

Jack

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MoparMan,
If, both teams make the playoffs against each other, we'll have to make a little wager. The Pats will be smokin this year, if Brady can get his head out of his ass. But I have high hopes. The Red Sox will let s us down in the fall like they always do, but thats expected, haha, although they did sweep New York this past weekend.
I worked with a guy that was also from Chicago. Name is Keith DeBruin, he went to high school there before joining the Army then moving to Mass. He retired recently from my job.
Well gotta run, training camp is only a few months away, sorry------ "GO PATS"!!!!!!

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<<Thanks for all the ideas. Actually, I have presented my concerns to all four national officers and our zone director. They have, in one way or another, expressed that they are powerless to do anything and in some cases have little or no desire to do anything whatsoever...<<<

Bad memories come to my mind.

Wish you luck with the hopefully coming CHANGES in your area/region, Matt!

Hey! Long time, no hear. Things have definitely degenerated badly in our region over the last few months. National is powerless to do anything now, just like they were powerless to stop our BBQ. I doubt changes are coming other than more people quitting the club come next December.

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JacksViper -
Gas has gone over $3 a gallon here for the last few weeks and we only get 91 octane, not the 93 that you guys get.

Also, if the Bears play your Patriots in the post season, we should both be very happy because that would mean both teams are in the Superbowl. We all thought you guys were going to finish Indy and play us this year. I had visions of a repeat of SB XX (you remember that one, right? 46-10!) when it looked like the Patriots would be playing the Bears again.

Your Sox look pretty good so far, huh? Big weekend against the hated club from NY!

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah go ahead rub it in. The Bears mended a lot of Chicagoans broken hearts that year. And how about the Fridge? That third period touchdown? Guy could hardly get out of his own way but he came through. Never heard much about him after that. We had to squish a fish to get there, but the Bears out classed us. But youngfella!! That was the old Pats, Indy got a big break but as they always say, wait till next year. We've been saying that for years about the Red Sox. Until that great fall day in 2004 when all hell finally broke loose or as some would, froze over. However, this could be the year of the rematch between the Patriots and the Bears. Lets hope so!!!!!!

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fridge played with the Bears for a few more seasons then faded into oblivion.

I was rooting for you guys against Indy, mostly because the Patriots had barely beaten the Bears in NE on the Bears third straight road game. I figured we had a better chance against the Patriots than the Colts.

As for this season, I'll be happy if the Bears get back to the playoffs. The organization seems to be in a haze since the Superbowl loss and the last few SB losers haven't fared so well the next season.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper