Which Boost Guages R U Using?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking to get a boost guage for Roe SC 5lb pulley. Is it required and if so where would I mount it? Brand, model and size would be greatly appreciated. thanks DK

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Which Boost Guages R U Using?

I have the automete ultra lite and it works fine for me. I wish I went with an electric one, but I did that with my fuel pressure gauge instead. I did a pilliar mount on my car. If you do a gauge, mount it in front of you. What I hate about my set up whitch I will change is the location of the boost gauge. Too keep your eye on the road and look at the boost gauge is dangerous...I would mount it on your steering column or maybe in one of your existing factory gauge location.

440pods-med.JPG

440pods6-med.JPG

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

More important than a boost guage is a wide band sensor guage to monitor air fuel ratio. Look at the AEM unit. Works great and got a good price from West Coast Viper.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought I was running 14lbs of boost until I hit 16 on the dyno. That was verified with the data-logging out to my wide-band O2 using the 5776. I _probably_ don't need to replace it, but I grabbed one off of e-bay that was used so what the heck... the e-bay one was a good buy (less than the $200 these things list for).

If anyone wants mine, it's going to go _cheap_!

:)

JD

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Check out the gauges and afr meter we installed in Viper D's car

You must be registered for see images

Here's a video of the gauges initializing.

http://visionsofspeed.net/custpics/04viper/gauges.avi

The box on the right is a digital AFR gauge.

Although with the Roe charger and 5lbs pulley I don't think having a boost gauge is necessary as long as you have your boost and afr #'s verified.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those are some pretty awesome gagues. And in an SRT-10 no less. sweet!

My only comment on the need for gauges is that with the centrifugal blower setup, it is nice to know a) if you are hitting peak boost (look at it or the thing warns you with a light) and b) if your belt is slipping. 5lb you are probably OK... 8 or more, and I want to know every time.

Are those gauges as flat as they look?

JD

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The gauges are suction cupped to the windshield. Yes they are very thin. Check it out.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The best part is when I make peak boost I have a red light go on I don't even have to look at the gague. Also I can hit another button and see my peak or replay it like a vid.

vd..

These are a must have!!!!

vd

BigDane

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The blitz gauges aren't bad at all but the autometer are terrible. I personally feel defi makes the best gauges in the buisness. Air fuel or a wideband is important but not nearly as important as EGT because you can still have decent air fuels but also knocking and your wideband will never show you that.

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Which ones are you looking for? I can get them for you.

Bill

scoobie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The blitz look nice. I have a paxton and split-sec box. Can i get one for blower presure to 15? Fuel presure and afr would be nice as well.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've got the autometer gauges and never had an issue with them. Other than being a little bulky, is there something in particular that you don't like about them?

I like the Blitz gauges, but with the need for the controller, the price gets up there pretty quick just to get started, doesn't it?

JD

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes it does, but its not too bad. The brain does more than just control the gauges. It allows for 99 seconds of playback, peak hold & warn. It controls up to 3 devices.

BigDane

Enthusiast
Reaction score

they are known not to be very accurate. There really not bad at all just not known to be very accurate. Something for a low boost application I would never have a problem with them but high boost when it truly counts I wouldnt use anything other than defi

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dimitrios -

the boost gauge you have listed is just fine though it doesn't have playback or memory. this one (or one of the others with the white face) is the main gauge that folks use from autometer w/ superchargers.

the A/F meter isn't accurate w/o a wideband O2 sensor... and so for that I wouldn't recommend that 2nd autometer gauge. if you want a wide band O2, look at www.wbo2.com .

Good luck!

JD

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

VD -

That kit is fairly inexpensive for a wide-band. how do you like it? and the wireless data logging is an advantage.

JD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine