• stock style 08 hood

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • big center scoop hood

Votes: 25 58.1%

• Total voters

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As most of the VCA knows, Steve at Vipair has been helping me complete my Viper after my injuries on my last deployment and sent me a message today asking which carbon hood I wanted because he's taking it out to the painter here shortly. I asked for a side by side comparison so he sent me these pics to help me decide and I wanted to get the VCA's opinion since you all have helped so much with my car. Should I go with the stock style 08 hood or the one with the big center scoop? Pics below for a reference. I'm leaning towards the big center scoop myself

You must be registered for see images attach

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like both hoods, but went OEM myself. There is no denying the Vipair hood is more aggressive. Heck, you've already gone with the after market coupe rear end, might as well go aftermarket hood.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the big scoop on my Gen3, it's plain awesome looking. My Gen4 hood is disappointing by comparison but I can't justify upgrading my Gen4 ... for you, I'm 100% for the big one.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, sell your black OEM good to DaDood - he's real close to you. Put another couple hundred towards a Vipair CF hood and you're good to go!

OP
OP
S

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, the large center scoop is much more aggressive which is why I like it a lot. I see that so far the majority likes it the most as well!

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are there any pitures of the larger scoop hood painted on cars? Even better, cars with stripes? :)

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like that larger scoop but it may change once on the car and look to overwhelming.

Bruce

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm for anything that looks like it could inhale little kids if they get too close! Go with the larger one? :2tu:

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, sell your black OEM good to DaDood - he's real close to you. Put another couple hundred towards a Vipair CF hood and you're good to go!

Don't get me sucked into that one Ryan! I am really on the verge of getting an '08 hood and when I do, it will be the Vipair "Giant Scoop!" '08 type. Sorry D!

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Andy has it on his vert that's painted like an ACR.

Correct, Flatout runs the CF Vipair hood .... very nice :2tu: Andy had the raised CF scoop portion sprayed with a tinted clear coat so the CF shows through and the rest of the hood painted (he didn't get the underside of the hood painted).

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct, Flatout runs the CF Vipair hood .... very nice :2tu: Andy had the raised CF scoop portion sprayed with a tinted clear coat so the CF shows through and the rest of the hood painted (he didn't get the underside of the hood painted).

Got any pics you can post?

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say go stocker..to me the other one installed reminds me a little bit to much of the vette in Corvette Summer..:)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy thread Hijack, Twister take your bench racing somewhere else.

Here's some pic's of my Vipair hood. I have the standard rise in carbon but would'nt mind the hi rise at some point.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Haha, stop trying to get me in trouble, Ryan. It's crossed my mind, but I promised myself I wouldn't spend that ka-ching on a mild upgrade like that & deal with painting, etc. I did get 2 *** asking that if I want to sell, they're interested. Y'all are making my decisions too hard. lol

I love the sound of the CF with the scoop area not painted, I bet that's **** as he!!

Sorry for threadjack, now, back to voting for that big scoop hood. ;-)

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, stop trying to get me in trouble, Ryan. It's crossed my mind, but I promised myself I wouldn't spend that ka-ching on a mild upgrade like that & deal with painting, etc. I did get 2 *** asking that if I want to sell, they're interested. Y'all are making my decisions too hard. lol

I love the sound of the CF with the scoop area not painted, I bet that's **** as he!!

Sorry for threadjack, now, back to voting for that big scoop hood. ;-)

Sell me your OEM hood, Buy the CF with the large Scoop, and then someone can buy my Lemke Hood. It all works out for everyone!

P.S. I could even have the hood painted for you

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS IS THE OLD VERSION, NEW VERSION IS BETTER

You must be registered for see images

Hey Steve
Two of the four photos are my OEM hood. The two other photos are your hood....:D

Painted the car over the winter. The Vipair hood is "ACR black" now. Kept the exposed CF scoop too.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the bigger hood looks killer on the coupe,but im thinkin the smaller one on a vert-----too much for a vert

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Vipair hood is really what sold me on buying my car,

Go Big! You can trade someone any day of the week for their standard Gen. IV hood if you decide down the road to change your mind!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave