Who drives the Yellow Viper with white stripes......

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who drives the Yellow Viper with White Stripes that came out to Fredericksburg, VA looking for the Black C5?

I have received numerous calls about the Viper wanting to race. Rather than just wait around, I figured that someone might know who he is.. Someone mentioned that he might be from Richmond...

X

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, what the hell are you doing slumming around looking for races with C5 vettes? you must have been drunk, you know you could do better...
smile.gif

x,

i hope your car is in the 10's or very low 11's..

- eddie -

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol... We dont have to run low 11's to beat a Viper in a street race. I have seen close to stock Vettes and Zo6's win on the street against Vipers.

Let me just say this...X and I will race any Viper in our area that thinks it has a chance.

All in good fun and no flame intended
smile.gif

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, Prove it, LOL.. how am i suppose to do that, when all the vipers in my area are scared to streetrace. Especially with a C5..

Seeing is believing, so someone bring it..

X

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carrot,

I wish you lived here too.. At least there would be one Viper to race..

King GTS,

With an attitude and comment like that, it makes it even more fun to take money from viper owners.
rolleyes.gif
I do wish you lived closer. From reading some of your posts on LSI tech, I know that you may be able to give me a challenge..
sarcblink.gif

Oh and 550 vette not being able to come to TEXAS.. Ya thats right TEXAS is the only place with fast vipers...
sarcblink.gif

all in good fun..

X

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X show up at burgerking in manassas on the 22nd and that yellow viper will be there, he's Lee Dove, I don't know if he street races or not but he's there every saturday.As far as being scared of vettes everytime I go to the track to race one there broke or there is some excuse why its not running good , they spend more time at lingenfelter than they do in virginia and if they do show up I kick their *** .I don't agree that the viper guys are scared I just think they don't care, because if they did, they could just go buy an automatic vette and turbocharge it at lingenfelter and street race don't you agree? The only reason you guys can beat most vipers is because your cars are built and most vipers are stock, Jason Heffner is getting some cars ready and we are going to rent the track in august and I am inviting you guys now because I don't street race and were gonna kick your *** like I did that 383 doug rippie car with my stock viper, you remember that don't you John.I will either see you or email you with the date.And I agree low 11's won't be neccessary because most vipers get beat by ZO6's.I been reading alot of talking the last few months and then none of you showed at the shootout because you were broke or slow or both and Lee Dove and Mark Brown were the fastest things there and I can tell you they weren't driving automatic vettes.Like you said John no flame just good viper fun!

p.s. That doesn't mean Lee won't ablige X in the meantime.

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie
How u been...lol..It will be a fun day at the track.Thanks for the invite. The reason we can beat a Viper is because we got the better car to street race.I could buy a Viper and just put NOS on it and spend less $ than I did on the Vette. But it would still lose to a Vette...or even a supercharged Viper but I have not seen any fast ones yet.So bring it! I could care less if I beat a Viper or a mustang or a ricer. I just like to race.
We heard that a Viper was lookin for a street race so here we are.

Actually Im thinking about getting a new SRT Viper.I like the new body style. The old ones just look to much like a clown shoe.

bounce.gif

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 550 Vette:
lol... We dont have to run low 11's to beat a Viper in a street race. I have seen close to stock Vettes and Zo6's win on the street against Vipers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea ok post the videos bro.
supergrin.gif

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie,

I show up at BK almost every weekend, and I have never seen the yellow viper out. (I usually show up after 10) I was there last night and he wasnt there.. BTW BK is not a race spot.. We can set something up for a weekday.. Not so hot..

Before you go off and shout about the vettes being broke or not running right.. STOP.. Just because you talk to Robbie / Freddie and they say their vettes are not running right means nothing to me.. My vette has never broke and has always run right.

O and congrads. on beating the DRM 383, when you raced it John just got it back and it was running 12.2 @ 112.. U should have beat it.. Would you like to play with it now.. U raced on the street then, why not now?? If you pulled up next to me on the street, 9 out of 10 times you would play, with traffic around or not.. So why not set something up at a safe location..

Thanks for inviting us to the track in August, please let me now in advance so I can place it on my schedule. U stated that you want us to come to the track and race. Are U aware that when you rent the track, they only open one lane?? How are we suppose to line up, or is it your intent to compare timeslips. IF so thats not racing.. I want to line up together and "first to finish" wins..

You also brought up that subject of the Vette/Viper shootout May 5th... Are you surprised I know the date?? I was there with my car.. Where was your car?? Why didnt you bring it.. See I remember John pointing you out to me.. Grey sweatshirt and all.. I even made it a point for john to mention to you about a money race. You should have directed John to Lee.. (O by the way.. he wasnt the fastest thing there. :) ) I normally dont race at the track, I prefer the street.

Lee was running some good times that day, and so I've heard he's up'd the jets.. (He'll need it..)

This post wasnt started to state that a stock vette can beat a stock viper.. It was started to find out who owns the Yellow Viper that is looking to race me.. But if someone else wants to play... Like you.. Lets do it.

X

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie,

Smoke the dope.....

Vette guys,

What is your point about beating a Viper. Who cares - FACE IT - You drive a boring, sterile, over produced sled. One that my Grandmother might drive.

Truth hurts huh? There are Civics out there that can hand you your A$$. So what?

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin
9's capble......lol
What u drive dose not make u a man or a better person.I could by 3 Vipers. So now im I kool enough 4 u.Read my last post.

quote:
I could care less if I beat a Viper or a Mustang or a ricer. I just like to race.
We heard that a Viper was lookin for a street race so here we are

And still no Vipers step up to the plate...lol

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I hear a twang of jealousy....

Hey 550 - you can polish that **** all you want - you know what? You still got a ****!

Nuff said
wink.gif

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to race on the street but you never really know who wins when it's a guy and 10 friends calling it. Not to mention, the danger you could cause others or yourself racing on the street...So, I wised up and grew up and now race at the track where they have a Christmas tree and NOBODY gets the jump!! ...NOT where 10 buddies mouth off some B.S. results for their buddy!! Also, when I grew up, I went from vettes to VIPERS...IF i wanted a straigt-line ONLY,I'd buy an automatic vette, take it to Lingenfelter so I could have a nice straight-line one deminsional car. I found a better solution...buy a Viper, spend 7 grand for a blower and run mid 10's at 135 on a stock engine through the stock exhaust with street tires, having the total package!! All of which runs perfectly and has NEVER broken!! As far as not showing up at shootouts...I've been to all of them but one. The ONE I didnt goto , the so called "big guns" were all broken so the only thing they had to run was their mouthes. I can see why they dont want to bring their cars to the track because they cant keep them together on the street. What I saw run that day was not worth me wasting my gas. THIS is the same Jamie Furman who ran a small block Ford Cobra R on the street!! (note that this car ran mid 9's at 145 mph !!!) And I think that proves that if you spend enough money you can make ANYTHING fast , even a vette!! You havent seen fast vipers?? But I believe you have already seen one, mine will be the second. As far as that "clownshoe" viper...that is funny ...just bring some blankets so peoplecan sit on that rag and not scratch that orange peel paint while they are drooling on my viper. One last note...you think you wanted Lee Dove but you didnt ...you think you want me...but like you boys have found out SOOO many times before...you dont!!
p.s. besides renting the track....we will run a saturday morning test and tune bringing the Vipers and Vettes. I'll be sure not to eat beforehand because my snake dines exlusively on mouse motors!! This will be put together somtime in August... bring your cars...not excuses!!!! You might want to rethink buying an SRT-10...they only come with 6-speeds...which means you'd have to drive it, not just press the gas!!

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie,

Since I dont feel like waiting till August, how about I rent the track in July.

You keep talking about others and how there vettes blow a head gasket or break a trans, we I'm still here and I have never broke. I'm sure I could find a viper or 2 that has broke.. Why try to compare, every car has issues..

You say you dont street race and thats fine.. Most of the time I hear it from people that got schooled.. So I'll take it as you dont have anything for me on the street.. But you have a track car.. Remember while your viper sits in the garage, I'm out driving mine.. So whos the enthusiast??

This battle was never suppose to be with you, as I was trying to find the yellow viper that was looking for me..

9 sec. cobra R...?? LOL?? Is that something like your old 10 sec. white saleen that I pulled in my LT-1 383 vette on motor.. LOL... The Jennings boys have the cobra R now, I'm still waiting for a pass with it..

As said before, If I pulled up to you on the street you would race and not even think twice about safety.. When we street race we are in a location that is secure and just as safe as any track that you race at.. I'll even have a fire truck standing by to save you if you lose control... AS far as not telling who won.. The camera dont lie..

If I lose, I'll be the first one to shake your hand, but when I win.. I'll also be the first one to shake your hand...

They say everything is bigger in texas, well since there not scared to streetrace there, I guess Texas Viper owners have bigger B@lls...

X

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
I used to race on the street but you never really know who wins when it's a guy and 10 friends calling it. Not to mention, the danger you could cause others or yourself racing on the street...So, I wised up and grew up and now race at the track where they have a Christmas tree and NOBODY gets the jump!! ...NOT where 10 buddies mouth off some B.S. results for their buddy!! Also, when I grew up, I went from vettes to VIPERS...IF i wanted a straigt-line ONLY,I'd buy an automatic vette, take it to Lingenfelter so I could have a nice straight-line one deminsional car. I found a better solution...buy a Viper, spend 7 grand for a blower and run mid 10's at 135 on a stock engine through the stock exhaust with street tires, having the total package!! All of which runs perfectly and has NEVER broken!! As far as not showing up at shootouts...I've been to all of them but one. The ONE I didnt goto , the so called "big guns" were all broken so the only thing they had to run was their mouthes. I can see why they dont want to bring their cars to the track because they cant keep them together on the street. What I saw run that day was not worth me wasting my gas. THIS is the same Jamie Furman who ran a small block Ford Cobra R on the street!! (note that this car ran mid 9's at 145 mph !!!) And I think that proves that if you spend enough money you can make ANYTHING fast , even a vette!! You havent seen fast vipers?? But I believe you have already seen one, mine will be the second. As far as that "clownshoe" viper...that is funny ...just bring some blankets so peoplecan sit on that rag and not scratch that orange peel paint while they are drooling on my viper. One last note...you think you wanted Lee Dove but you didnt ...you think you want me...but like you boys have found out SOOO many times before...you dont!!
p.s. besides renting the track....we will run a saturday morning test and tune bringing the Vipers and Vettes. I'll be sure not to eat beforehand because my snake dines exlusively on mouse motors!! This will be put together somtime in August... bring your cars...not excuses!!!! You might want to rethink buying an SRT-10...they only come with 6-speeds...which means you'd have to drive it, not just press the gas!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow.. that was the best smack i have ever read!! witty, informational, and full of smack.. just the way i like it!!

- eddie -

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh, and by the way, why dont you all just compare bank balances and call it a day?
rolleyes.gif

why do people "street race"? wouldn't it just be easier to compare di*ks? its much quicker and LEGAL!!

- eddie -

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie,

If we were just to compare d**ks, Jamie would just complain that hes married and doesnt use it anymore.., But would probably tell stories about his OLD girlfriends.. or talk about the last ****** he brought home, and how she cost more than any of the girls I brought home willingly..

Whats that you say, you pay more for quality.. LOL...

He'd lose....

All in good fun..

X

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X the reason august, is I am out of town most of july and early august. You never beat anything of mine when I owned it and because someone hit it next to me onetime in manassas 3 years ago for about 5 seconds I hardly call that street racing.Why are you so hung up to run on the street scared that viper might hook up at the track something you figure it can't do on the street? And Lee Dove was the fastest car at the shootout.And the cobra R was mid nines on the street I can't help it that when I sell something in centreville it slows down.X I don't know you I don't think, but I will shake your hand also win or lose, but I think you have alot of mouth and for me the past and the present will become one and the same when I run you and maybe if I am lucky you can show me how to pick up some roadkill like you and I can get laid so I won't have to buy any ****** I can have some of your throw aways.You are right I don't run that much anymore but I wasn't talking about my past either you must of heard it somewhere else,but soon you will be talking about my present because I will come out to run you, and will get a date for a sat or sun in august at mir, so you can run beside me. I don't know if they have enough juice in one of those bottles to get you from 11.2 at 120 off it to where you need to get to be to beat me on it, but we will find out won't we.Like you said its all in good fun, I can feel it already I always have fun when I run vettes alot of it.

jamie furman

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by jamie furman on 06-25-2002 at 11:47 AM</font>

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just thought I'd chime in here on the subject of stock Z06s beating Vipers. Yeah right you Vette boys better dream on. You just tell me who that liar in the Vette was and I'll gladly put him right back into place.
laughing2[1].gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Jason Heffner on 06-25-2002 at 02:53 PM</font>

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A heads up street race from a dead stop to 1/4 mile. Point/point hands go up and then go down. First to finish wins.
(No timeslips to show mommy)

I do not mind racing at the track. It is just always so jam packed and to many drag cars. I drive my car all the time.
My wife drives it to work.I drive it just like I race it.
That is one thing I dont care to do is race a car that only runs at the track.I know there are lots of Vipers out there that are way faster than me.But most of them are track cars and not street cars.(Atleast in my neck of the woods)

Like I said ...All in good fun...So just chill...
U have a clown shoe and I have a door stoper ****...
cool.gif

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply..... I just wondered how you all do it up there. I come from the Roll-on school of street racing. 50-150.

I am also mostly yankin your chain and smack talking
wink.gif

Nothing wrong with you car - except that it should have the 427 in it.

Regards,

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

I think the comment that 550 made was on the street, and anything could happen on the street.. I can bring a civic out to crack a stock viper on the street.. but I dont own a Z06, i'm not that fast.:) I just have a LS1.. If you would like to race my C5 with a stock viper.. I'm willing..

Martin,

We have a couple locations that are secluded and perfect for a good 1/4 mile run. Streetracing can be heads up or one person can be set out, given the kick, it all depends on what is negotiated. Typically its heads up and we can go off a flashlight or someones hands.. You chase you race.. Off the line is fun because it puts a little driver skill into it.. compared to 50-150 sprints..

X

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All this smack about Vettes against Vipers..You Vette guys think you are always faster and I doubt it. After all, even if you win you are still driving a Vette and we still get all the attention. So what does it matter if you go 9's and we go 11's we will always be in the spot light...

Bill C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well like Jason I will chime in also. First off I had the blue Lingenfelter TT Vette that went too the crab deck with several Vipers that have replied to this post. Had a great time and met sveral nice Viper owners. Have always liked good looking fast cars and could care less what brand it is. Viper and Vette owners for the most are great people that like there cars and the new friends that we meet.

Struck up a conversation online and over the phone with Lee Dove, and my wife and I spent alot of time talking to him and his lovely wife at the Crab Deck.

He has not responded to this post due too being on vacation. Lee and I played a little on Rt.50 on the way home. On two runs I pulled on him and then he was pulling on me. The third run we ran up to about 120-125mph and had to hit the brakes due to traffic. We were dead even at that point and we both wish we could of kept going to see how it would of ended. He had his NOS going and I turned the boost on him.

All I will say is that Lee has a quick car and it will surprise you. Will finish by saying that a Vette & Viper owner are now friends, and will hook up with the wives in the near future for dinner.

Bill

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad97
Thats kool ....just as long as u know your slower..lol
tongue.gif
laughing2[1].gif

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bad97ViperGTS:
All this smack about Vettes against Vipers..You Vette guys think you are always faster and I doubt it. After all, even if you win you are still driving a Vette and we still get all the attention. So what does it matter if you go 9's and we go 11's we will always be in the spot light...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad97,

You're a perfect example of a guy that has to use his car as an extension of his penis..

X

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth