Who got snow?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing here on north Long Island, but looks like NJ and CT got pounded.
Can't believe this happened before Halloween....hopefully some rain will wash the streets for you poor unfortunates.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None here in South London, just that horrid fine mist rain at the moment, its fairly mild, the leaves are falling and winter is setting in :( Viper is tucked away in the Garage awaiting the Autoform Roll Bar which I have just purchased from a UK Member :)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least a foot. Power has been down 26 hours now. 3 times as many downed trees as Irene. Traffic lights out all over and no sign of a utility truck yet. Worst tree damage and road closures I have ever seen with no close second.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow I feel for you guys.
I guess being closer to the water saved us, the ocean water is still 60 degrees.

Best wishes.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got about 5", though it looks like it will all be melted by tomorrow afternoon.

They didn't kill the roads with salt, but did use it. Actually the worst was some of the parking lots.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im hearing we got 17-18"....it really is a mess here.

10enomous, i heard high point got something like 25"

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in my friend's AWD 300 Hemi C yesterday when the first couple of inches came down. It took us 2-1/2 hours to go 15 miles. I figured we wouldn't have any problem with the AWD but the damn thing would barely move.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like the reason it was so bad is because the weight of the leaves still on the trees plus the leaves also hold the snow. Over 3 million houses and businesses out of power. Miles of wire damage.

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got just over 6" outside of Philly. Unfortunately, it also took our power out hours before our Annual Halloween party. Surprisingly little damage to the house during the party - about 35 people eating and partying in the dark.... Power came back on 22 hours later.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got hammered! We ended up with 9" of wet snow and a ton of trees down all over...roads closed all over. We have no power, no water, no phone, no heat....had to leave and go to my sister-in-laws house. My town and a good part of CT is 100% without power. Basically *****!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mind if I ask a quick Question,
My Son is going to NY on a school trip in January around the 20th They will be going to Broadway and the Twin towers sites, What is the weather likely to be like at that time of year?
I know you can get a lot of snow so is it worth him packing his Ski Clothing for warmth?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gonna be dang cold more than likely. when i go to the city at that time of year, i always have on a ski jacket and gloves

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manhattan is an island surrounded by water so it can be bone chilling in January. Dress warm.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CT got hit pretty good. My town is still without power. May take another week until its restored. No school in town either. Arizona/Texas is looking really good these days.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got power back after being down since saturday 1pm. Any suggestions on a good generator and transfer switch:rolleyes:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg:Schools in my town closed for rest of the week. No hint of a schedule as to when they will get power back up.

On the question of NY in January, I'm originally from NY and as said above, its really cold there that time of year!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, was at Costco today and the mob was in full force both at the pumps and at Costco. Of course the local news stations are playing up this storm as "Franenstorm". :rolleyes: Generator sales are strong this week it seems. Not sure what's worse....the storm or the mobs of folks walking amuk in the stores or driving amuk at the pumps. :dunno:

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy Make sure you get your milk,eggs white bread and batteries rocksalt and all the other crap they scare you into getting the only thing I could think of is to make sure your gutters are clean cause it looks like we're gonna get a lot of rain!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm better equipped this time around...

You must be registered for see images attach

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankfully this round isn't supposed to hit until AFTER our Halloween party this year, current head count is about 100, including kids. I didn't stock up in preparation for the storm, but I did sneak in an extra bottle of while when we bought the party supplies today....

Diane

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62