Who makes an open trailer that really works for viper useing no boards ??

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone help with this? I have the Le mans facia with splitter and stock height on 99 gts. The distance from front of tires to splitter is 36" and is 4.5" high. So far, every open trailer I have tried inc. the Tx. roll back is too high and the splitter will scrape if I were to load. Useing boards is a hassle. Im considering the EXISS all aluminum but the dealer has to add a lot of ramp to clear. Who has an open trailer that REALLY works straight from the factory for viper with splitter (not stock facia) and 36" of over-hang?

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who makes an open trailer that really works for viper useing no boards

Not sure if this will help, but I raise the front of my enclosed trailer with a power jack and winch my GTS in backwards. When I lift the front it minimizes the approach angle on the beavertail and gives me about 1-2" of clearance on level ground. The other option is to find a hill to load and unload on. I have used that trick many times when I load two heavy pieces of equipment ( Track *** & Bobcat) on a tilt bed trailer. The first piece up sets the tilt bed up and then I back into a hillside and just drive the other piece straight on!

Ultimately you may need to build a trailer and keep it as low as possible to minimize the angle, it's tough with the width of the Viper and most trailers only leave you with about 81" between the wheel wells. A long gradual beavertail would also help and the longer you make the trailer the less angle it will have. You will probably end up with a trailer and some long pull out ramps as the best compromise!
Sam Goldfarb
Ohio VCA Secretary

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Texas Roll Back!

I have one for sale if interested.

It has been used 2 times

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aluminum Trailer Co., will make you whatever your heart and wallet can dream up

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've never used one, but I know some other Viper owners use the Sloan's. They have a picture of a Viper on their trailer at their website.

http://www.kwikload.com/

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey guys, thanks for the info so far , but have you ever noticed--all these trailer co. show the car already on the trailer?? The Critical point is where the car FIRST rolls on the trailer. Scam? Oh-what sales people will do for their damn their commision !!! At least a local dealer admitted today that the viper is a very unusual car to load and that I will have to pay a premium for after-market work. Guess thats what ill do. See you in grapevine, VOI.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

several brands out there as mentioned above, but you will pay for it. I bought a 20 foot open trailer and use a couple of boards like Chuck. Cheaper in the long run.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kelly,

I have the Daytona fascia on my car as you do yours and I use the Sloan KwikLoad. It works great and the front splitter will clear with a tiny bit to spare. Be sure and load on an even surface.

CStegall

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21