Who's else is out there?

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's going to snow today, and what do I see, our own regional forum. Not such a bad day after all.

So the question is, who from the NE club is on here? Are there enough of us to make using this worth it?

Let's here from you all.

PS, I hope this snow melts quickly, I'm going crazy just looking at my car. :crazy:

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess WHO???

We are all going crazy with the weather, hope it changes soon...
Let the Spring Events begin

FLX109

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm here too. have tickets for Red Sox today, hope it goes off. Forcaster claims it should be over by 6:00pm, a 2 hour delay is do-able. Can't wait to get the Viper out of mothballs. Looking forward to an active season.

OP
OP
W

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took a regional form to get Jack to post! WOW this must be big.

Jack, enjoy the game. I'll be plowing over 10 inches of snow. This keeps up and I'm going to start looking for snow tires to fit the Viper.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figures that a nor'easter is coming Monday. I was supposed to bring my car to Tator's for new tires. Sheesh. Hope to meet you guys at the Mystic run.
~Craig

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everybody, new to the group.Bought my GTS last August and did the tech session and the dyno day in ME. Can't wait for the good weather to get here. I was driving home tonight thinking great all rain here and what goes by the other way on the highway but a sander hammering down the salt!! What a waste of a perfectly good rain storm.

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys. This sundays tech session is dead. SNOW!!!!! its another lousy four letter word!!!!!!! So see you at the spring opener and we also have a stereo tech day on the 12th. at wicked Cas in kingston N.H. where my car will have a total makeover and you are going to want to check it out. as they will have been working on it for three weeks prior to the event. I also need to ride shotgun on opening day if someone is going solo.

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey boys and girls. I'm still here, lurking in the shadows. It's actually pretty cool that the New England Region ranks high enough to get their own forum. And I appreciate Jeff sending out a pointer to the forum so infrequent visitors like me can take a peek and see what's shaking.

Yeah, I'm getting a little sick of the rotten weather too. Thankfully, so far it looks like this week will be more rain than snow. April showers are great for washing away all that abrasive salt and sand from the secondary roads. Maybe by this weekend (which is supposed to be nice ... theoretically), I can take the recently inspected snake out for some hot laps around my neighborhood.

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I felt the ground shakin'. This will be post #2, couldn't remember my password and log-in so had to get a new one. But that's par for the course for those in this age bracket that I'm now in, you'll see what it's like!! The game was postponed to May 3rd. Found a, "Longhorn" just 2 blocks away. The place was empty considering the amount of people that were out walking in the rain. We had a few beers, Michelobe Ultra Lights. Couldn't figure out why there was no buzz?? Then it dawned, little or no alcohol in that. Welcome to my world.

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm here itching to go. Hopefully this storm got rid of most of the salt and sand. I got a new SVS shifter last fall and am planning on installing it this week. Orderd a new set of rear tires from JonB yesterday, so maybe this weekend I can try out the new shifter and and also get rid the rest of rubber on my old tires.

On another note . I called the Tire Rack yesterday because online they did't list the pilot sport C1s in 335-30-18 on their website. They told me that had the PS2s and that the C1S were going to be discontinued so if anyone has good fronts and needs rears only soon they should check for avilability. Just to let you Know JonB is cheaper than the Tire Rack.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to let you Know JonB is cheaper than the Tire Rack.

JonB is cheaper by design...and he is very knowledgable about what tires work on a Viper too.

I just put a new set of PS2's on my car. I'm happy with the feel of the car on the road, seems to grip better.

The whole tire swap thing was not without incident. My car has about 75k miles on it, a couple of the rims were slightly bent (stock Gen 1), and over time the rims were wobbling going down the road. Long story short, the lugs wore into the rims and the centers were worn out of round.

I had another set of Rims I had bought from Tony Rickard years ago. Swapped the tires onto the other rims, they were straight and balanced without a problem. I threw the other rims away, junk.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JonB is cheaper by design...and he is very knowledgable about what tires work on a Viper too....... I threw the other rims away, junk.

JUNK ? Viper parts as JUNK ?!?

Those old wheels make nice garden or air hose reels for garage or carport.
MY CPA has flowers planted in hers....they make decent driveway - planters too !
I have even seen em made into 17" lamp tables...... some college kid would buy em ?

P.S. Thanks for the tire biz guys..... we sometimes have stuff that TireRack is out of, and we carry some brands (Toyo) that they dont have. We TRY to price a set of Michelins at $50 less than TireRack.... if we can do that, we are VERY competitive, because TireRack is an acknowldged low-price leader...... THANK YOU

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey you guys from NH. be happy you are only looking at snow! After that Northeaster hit me I am surrounded by water here in Guilford, Ct. on the waterfront. hell the tides ran 5.4 ft higher than normal. I had seawater running over my sea wall. I am lucky as I suffered no damage unlike my neighbors who's houses are like little islands around here. . The viper is sitting up on blocks in my garage high and dry. I did not even get any water in my yard or garage. Someone was looking down on me and my viper. I hope to get the viper out for its spring shakedown this Friday if all the water drains out of the road!

Robbie

OP
OP
W

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was prepared with a 5 gallon pale, but ended up needing the boat instead. We got mostly rain, but that still has not cleared the ground of snow. We need the sun. I think it will be here this weekend, but I won't. Going to spend the weekend in Co Sprgs where the forecast calls for rain.

If this keeps up, you may not want me to attend this years events. Rain has been following me for weeks now.

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to go down to my house in Scituate yesterday. Thats also right on the water my deck connects right to the seawall. I was lucky no damage this time winds were blowing east. A lot of water but no damage.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robbie, stay away from Rt. 9 tommorrow (4/18). It may have to be closed in Middletown. The Ct river is about to boil over 'round here. Bad mojo till after it peaks.

~Craig

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh...I gots me a farm house, I got me a fiddle
When duh sun comes up, I got sum of dose cakes on the griddle.
Like ain't nuttin' buts a funny, funny riddle.

Tanks god I'm a Country Boy. Yah!:eek:

* Not to worry Joe's a hot sh it and he'll get me back I'm sure.:buttkick:

OP
OP
W

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, you guys are funny. LOL funny!

Jeff, I didn't realize you were so talented. Can't wait to hear you sign that whole song at the xmas party this year.

No really, you have to finish that one.

Jack, you been talking with my wife again?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235