Whose going to the Viperdays Finals at Texas World Speedway in Oct.???

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been invited and am debating on making the 3,000+ mile round trip. As I am a rookie and don't really expect to place well and I'm not going to VOI7 I thought the fun would be in meeting the road racers I've spoken with on this board. Dean I reasonably sure you'll go, Chuck98 RT/10 if you go I gotta go. Come on, so whose going, lets hear it.

That aside how is the track itself?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll most likely be there, but since I haven't run at Viper Days since the last time they were at TWS, I'm ineligible to compete without a social pass. The track kicks butt! Just ask Mumdog...

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will most likely be going (I'm leaving for ButtonWillow this afternoon), but I'm really hoping to find a tow vehicle and trailer so that I don't have a 2500 mile each way trip in the Viper, plus three track days.

OT Challenge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron -

Even though Mumford thinks it's his house, I have pissed there more often, so I'm going to call it a timeshare. Great track and very fast. Kind of like a Willow Springs. You're going to love Turn 1.

I'll be there so PMUM has a fair shot at getting something going with one of the coed's at my alma mater. It's basically my backyard and I still owe you for the crate of, err soup. I hope you can make it out. Bring that Dearing guy, too. I need him to tell me how dirty my M3 is.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think about it if I could drive, but I just don't have the time and $ to travel to the otherwise very remote VD events, so I doubt I am eligible. Been racing what I can afford, which is not Vipers. That thar's too tall cotton for me.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very doubtful for me Ron. I've only attended one ViperDays this year and funds are very tight. I'm gearing up for a more complete season next year.

...now if Christy Cannon is gonna be there...

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian make sure you wash that car. What would the Coeds think???

So you going to show us the town? Be careful with Ron around all those young impressionable coeds.

Might just give him a heartattack. Or a new lease(or release) on the entertainment industry!!!

Texas would be fun but I haven't even been invited yet!!
crying.gif

seeya.gif

Does anyone know the config of the track yet???
BURNOUT.gif

Jon 98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.... I did some grad work at the school attached to Kyle Field. I should be there for the Viper Days Finals -- gotta check the statute of limitations before I commit tho.

I think the time and effort to make the trip will be worth it to see the look on pmum's face when BP tells him that "Gig'em" is THE pickup line to use on the boot-chasers.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OT Challenge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon -

You gotta think that PMUM will start off with "WAR AGGIES!!!" or "Do you know who I am?" before moving onto the standard, "Gig'em!"

Dearing -

Wasserman said we're piling 4 of us into both of your Vipers. I just did the math and that is 2 dudes in each car. ***? Maybe that's how you do it in SoCal, but in Tejas we roll in the Suburbans in case we...umm, catch anything.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have not done a viper days event in quite sometime. a social pass to race would be acceptable. I would accept the challange if offered. Wonder if my skills have improved any?????

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go if I knew how to get invited.
I have never done a Viper event but I have logged thousands of laps around TWS on superbikes,(eight championships) and in karts. Mike Ryan (class of 1980 Texas A&M)

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Show up with your bike and race Mumford. He's done some AMA pro racing too.

This is the Viper Days Finals. Only those who have competed during the current year and/or get an invite may participate on-track.

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Show up with your bike and race Mumford.

GTS Dean,

Mumford did it again... we were at the Viper days event this weekend and he ran away from everybody. Bruce Donaldson and myself were battling to try and catch him in the second lap when we both over cooked going into the bus stop turn and we both went off in different directions!!! My car was OK but Bruce tore off his side sill going over the burm. I felt so cause i passed him in the sweeper and he stayed right on my rear until we went off. We were definitely over driving our cars. I felt bad for Bruce.

Mumfords best time at Buttonwillow was a 1.55.?? My best was only a 2.02 There were only 2 guys within 5 seconds of him. I don't know why he even competes with us amateurs!!!
pissed.gif

I am glad i am not running in the unlimited class this year.
smile.gif

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cycleryan:
O.K. just for that you can't bring your Viper to our Kart track (HCKC) on Ruekle road in New Braunfels, HA!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know where it's at very well. I drive by it nearly every day and I've been out there with my Viper the last 2 Saturdays. I have a 10 year old that is currently doing dirt bikes, but I'd rather have him in carts. I could buy a decent used cart for the price of 2 sets of Viper tires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960