Why are my tips turning "gold"?

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are my tips turning \"gold\"?

I had my muffler removed, and straight pipes installed. The muffler shop put magnaflow tips on the pipes. Now they are turning a brassy, goldish color. Will something like Tarn X remove that, or is it actually changing the color of the metal? Why?

Mike

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Why are my tips turning

Come on guys. Don't make me pick up the phone and just ask the muffler shop. That call would take all of two minutes total probably.

Instead, I will check this post 4 or 5 times a day, until it is answered. Don't make me call. I won't. I would rather sit here and wonder, and check on the internet, then call... Hmm...Why don't I just call? I am still not going to... but I should... Someone call their muffler shop, tell them what I have, and what I did, and post the answer please.

Thanks a bunch.
Mike

GENIIGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

See you pay peanut's and you get GOLD; wouldn't you say you got a great deal? Those polished tip's are intended for 4 and 6 cyl Ricer car's with no HEAT issues;Magna flow cater's mostly to them. NO issues with B&B,BORLA,BELANGER,MOPAR,CORSA and RANDOM TECH ; they're exhaust tip's are able to be clean to a chrome lustre finish because they're built for VIPER'S.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

See you pay peanut's and you get GOLD; wouldn't you say you got a great deal? Those polished tip's are intended for 4 and 6 cyl Ricer car's with no HEAT issues;Magna flow cater's mostly to them. NO issues with B&B,BORLA,BELANGER,MOPAR,CORSA and RANDOM TECH ; they're exhaust tip's are able to be clean to a chrome lustre finish because they're built for VIPER'S.

Ouch!!! Try some chrome polish on them and they should brighten up.

SUPRAVIPERGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

sorry, but just can't help it but...Your question is why your tip is turning "gold" .....well, stop eating cheetos while watching ****... :)