WHY ARE SOME OF MY THREADS BEING REMOVED????

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I just got an e mail from Jay Herbert saying this:

F355

For the second time the "nonsense" thread had been removed. The harassing
verbiage, threats, and images all violate the posting policy of the
forums. You have been issued a strike. Your next strike will result in a
30 day suspension.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me an email.

Jay Herbert
VCA Site Coordinator

Now after thinking for a while and searching the board, I found out which thread this was. It was the Dimitrios Caption Contest Picture Thread. Why was this removed? Violated policy? I did not say a word!!!! Removing this thread was just wrong!

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree it was uncalled for to remove the thread, but I guess its b/c it was non-Viper related?? Maybe if you posted in the Snake pit, it would've survived?

Agree, only Viper related items go in the GEN I and II forum, the pit is the place to post. For example this post should go there....

With that said, you can usually find at least one violation, if not more, everyday, if in fact it was just a misplaced post. Usually if it is a misplaced post admin just moves it, so I am wondering if something got out of control in the post casuing its removal.

I know it is easy for people to post in the wrong forum, many probably never even visit the other fourms, they bookmark and enter directly to the GEN I GEN II forum.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i really doubt the thread was removed because it was in the wrong "place". this happens all the time, and most of the time it is just move to the right "place".

i personally enjoyed the thread - there were some very funny captions that really made me laugh, and i thought it was fun.

although i do not remember the exact verbage, i am guessing the problem occurred when the thread got a bit verbally insulting between friends. ie:

<< The harassing verbiage, threats, and images >>

i think a seperate "revenge" thread followed if i remember right with a pic that could have been deemed "inappropriate", thus the "and images".

NOTE: i am NOT agreeing or dissagreeing with any of this in any way shape or form, just expressing a possible explanation.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i guess since they removed the one that Dimitrios posted the "payback" one (i dont remember what it was called). it was only right if they removed the one that you posted. honestly i thought the post were very funny and should of stayed.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i guess since they removed the one that Dimitrios posted the "payback" one (i dont remember what it was called). it was only right if they removed the one that you posted. honestly i thought the post were very funny and should of stayed.

Unfortunately I did not see Dimitrios' post and I am a little mad about that. I heard it was pretty funny.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree it was uncalled for to remove the thread, but I guess its b/c it was non-Viper related?? Maybe if you posted in the Snake pit, it would've survived?

Agree, only Viper related items go in the GEN I and II forum, the pit is the place to post. For example this post should go there....

With that said, you can usually find at least one violation, if not more, everyday, if in fact it was just a misplaced post. Usually if it is a misplaced post admin just moves it, so I am wondering if something got out of control in the post casuing its removal.

I know it is easy for people to post in the wrong forum, many probably never even visit the other fourms, they bookmark and enter directly to the GEN I GEN II forum.

i really doubt the thread was removed because it was in the wrong "place". this happens all the time, and most of the time it is just move to the right "place".

i personally enjoyed the thread - there were some very funny captions that really made me laugh, and i thought it was fun.

although i do not remember the exact verbage, i am guessing the problem occurred when the thread got a bit verbally insulting between friends. ie:

<< The harassing verbiage, threats, and images >>

i think a seperate "revenge" thread followed if i remember right with a pic that could have been deemed "inappropriate", thus the "and images".

NOTE: i am NOT agreeing or dissagreeing with any of this in any way shape or form, just expressing a possible explanation.

Yeah it was not just for being in the wrong section, it was just removed without cause but maybe that is just my opinion. The enforcement of "rules" on this site is always so off and on!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that we have waaaay too many forums? Two would be good: 1. Viper Stuff; 2. Anything else.

This will also stop the "What are you gen 1/2 doing in our Gen3 forum (and vice versa)"?. It's a pain to have to scoot between the pit, the alley, driven (which is STILL not in the dropdown menu), gen1-2, gen3, general, etc etc etc. What a pain!

Which shows that this site is only held together by the great people that appreciate Vipers. No offense to the admins here, but the site itself *****.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that we have waaaay too many forums? Two would be good: 1. Viper Stuff; 2. Anything else.

This will also stop the "What are you gen 1/2 doing in our Gen3 forum (and vice versa)"?. It's a pain to have to scoot between the pit, the alley, driven (which is STILL not in the dropdown menu), gen1-2, gen3, general, etc etc etc. What a pain!

Which shows that this site is only held together by the great people that appreciate Vipers. No offense to the admins here, but the site itself *****.

Could not be said better. When you look at the other sub-forms besides GEN I/II, GEN III, Events, & General, everything else has VERY few threads and VERY few people viewing at one time. That is why everyone posts their posts in GEN I/II or GEN III so that they get the views they deserve.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were you I would be glad that they removed D's payback thread. I don't know if you really wanted to promote that alternative lifestyle moment that you were caught up in at the time it was digitally captured.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! I heard about the thread. The picture was removed from my MYSPACE but the funnier part is that the picture was not of me, it was of my younger brother that you met at the last event. Still would have been funny to see the reactions in the thread.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< If I were you I would be glad that they removed D's payback thread. I don't know if you really wanted to promote that alternative lifestyle moment that you were caught up in at the time it was digitally captured. >>

Not that there is anything wrong with that.... :D

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't have deleted it. I thought it was pretty lame, but if it amuses some of you that's fine with me. I closed it and didn't open it again. Problem solved as far as I'm concerned.

Jim

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assume you joined a club called The Viper Club of America. Further assume that it is a privilege, not a right, to belong to the club. The club, like all clubs, has rules. Some of those rules regulate posting behavior on the VCA forums. The rules were established to make sure that Vipers, and Dodge in general, are represented, discussed, and debated in a thoughtful, mature, and respectful manner. The main purpose of the forums is to share our respective experiences, knowledge and hopes concerning Gen I,II,and III and future Vipers. Now examine the content of what was removed. The reason for the removal is self evident.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assume you joined a club called The Viper Club of America. Further assume that it is a privilege, not a right, to belong to the club. The club, like all clubs, has rules. Some of those rules regulate posting behavior on the VCA forums. The rules were established to make sure that Vipers, and Dodge in general, are represented, discussed, and debated in a thoughtful, mature, and respectful manner. The main purpose of the forums is to share our respective experiences, knowledge and hopes concerning Gen I,II,and III and future Vipers. Now examine the content of what was removed. The reason for the removal is self evident.

OK... I'll play.

If the said rules are to be followed, then the people enforcing those rules have to enforce them consistantly and dilligently. In a sense, that's part of the rules. What are the rest of the members' recourse if the admins do a poor job following those rules that they are supposed to enforce? Where's the oversight of the people in charge here? I'm sure everyone remembers the big stink a few weeks ago concerning stating satisfaction with a business that happens to NOT be a site sponsor.

I think the VAST majority of the people here want a whole lot less forums. No one seems to listen or care.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha.. this is your 3rd strike, see you back in 30 days.

Ps. I was the guy a few weeks ago, who started the stink about the signature of mine being edited becuase it said who I bought my dads viper from and how happy I was with them. Uh oh... I hope this isnt my 3rd strike too, or I am going to MIA for a month too ;-)

Jon

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While constant, consistent and timely enforcement is an admirable goal, it is an impossible goal. If it were possible, a significant number of posters would have already received a visit from their respective local police forces to talk to them about their confessions of speeding and other road violations posted on this board. LOL. Overall, I think that the members who volunteer their time to monitor this board do a good job monitoring a group of limit testing personalities. All they are trying to do is maintain the image and reputation of all of us. I think that they deserve our praise and cooperation by obeying a few simple rules. To do otherwise is nothing but "spoiled brat" syndrome.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And for those unfamiliar with those simple rules, they are as follows:

Posting Polcy:

1. All posts must conform to a standard that is acceptable in content to Prime Time Broadcast Network TV ( TVPG ), no ******, *********** or profanity). Posts not maintaining this standard will be deleted.

2. Personal assaults, threats, use of copyrighted material, fraudulent statements, or comments derogatory to any ethnicity or orientation will be deleted.

3. Negative statements about vendors, customers, or others must be first hand, and substantiated. Furthermore, we reserve the right to hold negative posts until substantiated, and to give the parties reasonable time to work it out.

4. Attempts at thread hijacking (malicious posting in a fashion to a topic, with intent to change the initial focus) will be deleted.

5. Redundancy, bumping a topic to bring its' position to the top of the forum, or multiple new threads that are intended with purpose to annoy will be deleted.

6. Classified ad posts to the forums will be deleted. Non-Viper Commercial posts will be deleted with the exception of approved commercial posts by site sponsors. Please note that classified ads, in our classifieds area, are free to VCA members.

7. Links, or specific descriptive mention (by declaring their name, even if it is not an exact link) of web sites that do not meet the policies set fourth in our existing policy guidelines, or that use licensed or copywrited material without permission is prohibited

8. Any suggestions, ideas, or discussions on web site policy must be posted to the appropriate (web site suggestions) topic area. We welcome your input.

Signature Policy

1. Three lines of plain text, maximum 360 characters, no images

2. Contents must not violate Posting Policy

Banning Rules

1. A three strike rule is in effect. Violations of Posting Guidelines are called strikes. If a user consistently ignores the policies, after being e-mailed an explanation of why a previous post was deleted, the website committee will issue a strike

2. A post deletion is not necessarily a strike.

3. A moderator may send a request for a strike to the web committee. The committee votes within 48 hrs, and a majority decides.

4. First strike is a warning. A warning will be sent to the email address in the users profile by the Web Committee chairperson.

5. Second strike is a 1 month suspension.

6. Third strike eliminates your posting privileges indefinitely.

7. If A VCA Member has a count of 2, it will decrease to 1 after 6 months. The first strike is sticky and is maintained indefinitely.

8. Although not the intention of the VCA to limit the accessibility of this site to anyone, exceptionally vile behavior may warrant an immediate ban vote. Examples of this would be violations of Posting Guideline number 2: "Personal assaults, threats, use of copyrighted material, fraudulent statements, or comments derogatory to any ethnicity or orientation will be deleted".

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, at least Hennnnnnessssey can't post here anymore!

Mark be careful out here you may get a strike! And no more great post about taking down Lamborghinis.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you mess with D, Dat's what happens.
Seriously...I know it's all in good fun, and D can take a joke- Even though he took you to school this time and next time too.
But the moderators said so and thats the end of that. If'n you wanna be a moderator I am sure there are a few openings.

Not to underestimate the importance of the brotherhood. When it's all said and done, the rest is BS

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While constant, consistent and timely enforcement is an admirable goal, it is an impossible goal. If it were possible, a significant number of posters would have already received a visit from their respective local police forces to talk to them about their confessions of speeding and other road violations posted on this board. LOL. Overall, I think that the members who volunteer their time to monitor this board do a good job monitoring a group of limit testing personalities. All they are trying to do is maintain the image and reputation of all of us. I think that they deserve our praise and cooperation by obeying a few simple rules. To do otherwise is nothing but "spoiled brat" syndrome.

That's all good and most of the rules you cite above should be stuff we all learned in kindergarten (golden rule stuff). To support some of your statements, there are idiots here that just don't know to be civilized, and it's definately not a walk in the park to herd all these type-A personalities (Aren't ALL Viper owners type-A?).

However, my question still stands and begs an answer... where are the rules for the admins? What are they held accountable for? What if the "spoiled brat" is an admin? Volunteering would be better appreciated if it were effective and just. Volunteering also doesn't mean no pay. Power is payment for some. That's why we have abusive cops floating around. Now I haven't done anything wrong here (that I know of), but I've seen plenty of unfair practices and basic laziness on the admins here as a whole, so I'm standing behind some of the guys here maligned for petty stuff that have been ignored a hundred times over in other posts.

The "poor admins can't get to everything" is just a lame excuse. That's what cops complain about as they stuff their face with doughnuts. If most of us can get to the postings within a day, there's no reason one or a couple of admins can't do it quicker. As much as I don't approve of the stupidity of street racing, especially in heavy traffic (I have a track record here speaking out against it), the threat to turn anybody in for speeding based on a posting here is a joke. Are we supposed to be scared and thankful for the benevolent admins, or cower in your extortion? For all you know, everyone here just has an active imagination, and the videos were just downloaded from another website. Call any police department and tell them so-and-so admitted on a internet forum that he was speeding on highway such-n-such, and report back to me the eyeroll you can physically hear over the phoneline. Like this---> :rolleyes:

I'd rather pay an extra $50/yr to pay someone to do it right and is held accountable for their access and power. I guess if the current admins/webmasters are just volunteers, we got what we paid for.

Now, will someone merge some forums and FIX the gosh-darn (TVPG cursing here) navigation of the website? Don't get me started on the speed here too.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Warfang, you are not even shown as being a VCA member and yet you are asking for a VCA rate increase. Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we all agree the moderators of the forum do let some things slip here and there. Overall I do believe they are trying to keep the integrity of the forum and limit Viper related subjects. Question is where is the gray area of where to moderate. Personal photos posted about Dimitrios could be a Viper related entity since most of the people here are familiar with him as being a very active member. Keith 355 himself is also a Viper related entity that people here are familiar as being a very active member. IMO both are Viper related sujects. I'm sure there are many people out there in Viperland that want to here what these two have to post about each other in good faith and not,I repeat not, seeing them post in a seriously malicious way towards each other. If we are Viper owners and members I think we could have a little fun with each other every now and then. I think what crosses the line is if you had someone seriously posting on here in a vendictive, malovent way. All you had in this case was two people ripping on each other in good faith, and the post could have been left for people who choosed to look at it. My 2 cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235