WHY ARE SOME OF MY THREADS BEING REMOVED????

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mmmm. No name shown. No email shown. Who is Warfang? Please identify yourself. As I sated above. Perfect administration is not possible. This is true even if the VCA paid someone to do it. What is possible is for all of us to try to obey a few simple rules. With respect to posts involving admissions of speeding, please note my use of the posting term "LOL". You obviously missed it. It is absurd to me that there is any debate about obeying a set of simple, thoughtful rules that are there for our own benefit. Are all the transgressions caught? No. Too many times, I have seen posts that were clearly offensive to one group or another slip under the radar screen. The irony of the situation is that in many cases the post is by an individual whose parents or grandparents probably had to deal with some form of racial,ethnic, religious or gender discrimination.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Warfang, you are not even shown as being a VCA member and yet you are asking for a VCA rate increase. Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

I keep faxing them my info and they keep not processing them, but that's another story. :smirk:

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
................................... It is absurd to me that there is any debate about obeying a set of simple, thoughtful rules that are there for our own benefit. Are all the transgressions caught? No. Too many times, I have seen posts that were clearly offensive to one group or another slip under the radar screen. The irony of the situation is that in many cases the post is by an individual whose parents or grandparents probably had to deal with some form of racial,ethnic, religious or gender discrimination.

IMO this is one of the truest statements I have ever read on this forum. However, while perfection is not attainable, common courtesy is as is more consistent monitoring. If that is not possible, it is what it is and there will continue to be some of us that will "esmack" it right back. Is this good for the forum, I doubt it very much. It is up to the persons that volunteer to do this monitoring to do just that or this forum will continue to be what it is and go where it is heading. Whether the post is written by a new poster or one that has been around forever, consistent enforcement will only benefit everyone.

By the way, while I used to allow my first and last name and my email address in my profile, I obviously do not anymore. The VCA has all my complete information and it is available to the enforcers of this forum. You were doing ok until you trashed Warfang because he did not have this information in his profile. Even with the good that you are attempting to do, you showed that you are quite capable of stooping to our levels. If I have to display this information to use THIS forum, forget it.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mmmm. No name shown. No email shown. Who is Warfang? Please identify yourself. As I sated above. Perfect administration is not possible. This is true even if the VCA paid someone to do it. What is possible is for all of us to try to obey a few simple rules. With respect to posts involving admissions of speeding, please note my use of the posting term "LOL". You obviously missed it. It is absurd to me that there is any debate about obeying a set of simple, thoughtful rules that are there for our own benefit. Are all the transgressions caught? No. Too many times, I have seen posts that were clearly offensive to one group or another slip under the radar screen. The irony of the situation is that in many cases the post is by an individual whose parents or grandparents probably had to deal with some form of racial,ethnic, religious or gender discrimination.

Who is Warfang? Planning on send me flowers? Good thing I live in California... stalking is illegal. ;)

Didn't miss a thing. An extortion in jest is still extortion. We just knew that you had no weight to carry it out. Try going to an airport and "LOL" your way out of a bomb threat. :p

But you're still avoiding the question (again): What are the rules and guidelines the admins here must obey? Heaven forbid, all of us peasants have good samaritans like you posting the rules for us every other day. Who does the same for the people on top here?

No, perfect administrating is not possible. You are correct. But someone who is being paid can be fired for not reaching certain criterias over a predetermined amount of time. No one is seeking perfection, but I don't think anyone here can list any improvements that have been made in the last year. Or do they think it's not necessary, because the site is perfect?

As I've said to you in private, I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but the problem does not stem from the indiviual posters, but by the people on top that are failing to do their job to keep this place respectable.

Everything else is moot.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who is Warfang? Planning on send me flowers? Good thing I live in California... stalking is illegal. ;)

Didn't miss a thing. An extortion in jest is still extortion. We just knew that you had no weight to carry it out. Try going to an airport and "LOL" your way out of a bomb threat. :p

But you're still avoiding the question (again): What are the rules and guidelines the admins here must obey? Heaven forbid, all of us peasants have good samaritans like you posting the rules for us every other day. Who does the same for the people on top here?

No, perfect administrating is not possible. You are correct. But someone who is being paid can be fired for not reaching certain criterias over a predetermined amount of time. No one is seeking perfection, but I don't think anyone here can list any improvements that have been made in the last year. Or do they think it's not necessary, because the site is perfect?

As I've said to you in private, I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but the problem does not stem from the indiviual posters, but by the people on top that are failing to do their job to keep this place respectable.

Everything else is moot.

Until you become an actual member(regardless if "the people on top" getting your paperwork) you really don't carry much weight here. By your on admission, you are NOT a member and are here making assumptions about the people GIVING THEIR TIME to do this job. If you don't like it, go find somewhere else to troll :mad:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Warfang Anonymous:

The posters are responsible for their behavior. They are not children. If you wish to implement change, I suggest that you complete your application to the VCA; put togeher a political platform; and, run for a VCA officer position. Good luck - whoever you are.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until you become an actual member(regardless if "the people on top" getting your paperwork) you really don't carry much weight here. By your on admission, you are NOT a member and are here making assumptions about the people GIVING THEIR TIME to do this job. If you don't like it, go find somewhere else to troll :mad:

Ok... so until someone takes the money I'm happily trying to give, my words here are no good to you? Heck, for all you know, they have my money, and just taking the usual 3-30 weeks to mail me my package and change my user stat from Viper owner to member.

Look, my beef is not with you guys that have a legitmate concern for the garbage that's been going on here lately. With all due respect for people giving their time to do this job... could it be possible that some of them are doing it poorly?

As for running for any sort of office... group dynamics dictate that as a relatively newcomer to this group, with a finite amount of resources, and with opinions that might irk people that are currently in charge... I don't stand a chance. I'm better off running as a pro-NRA, anti-*** marriage mayor in San Francisco. :D

But hey, I'll just take my opinions elsewhere if it bothers you so much. I'd rather discuss mods and repairs and such... that is if you'll permit me to stay without collecting my money first.

Reaction score
The VCA has all my complete information and it is available to the enforcers of this forum.

I can only address this issue as it is all I know about at the moment. I did notice your title was NOT in place. I took care of that. 99.9% of the time if the VCA Nnumber is there when one registers I sort everything out then. If I did not....I either scrrewed up (not likely :) ) or the info was not there. No matter...it is all sorted out now and I apologize for the delay.

As for viewable contact info....I don't blame you! You (all) have every right to NOT make that info viewable. However, I urge you (all) to ensure there is SOME valid contact info in there (as it is I, King of the World{<-----obviously said in JEST} can see your e-mail...which is good), just in case. I hardly ever use it, and I never give it out. :) Lucky for some that the info IS there....I have had numerous occasions when someone wanted to contact a board member but didn't know their e-mail address. I would go in and e-mail the member and leave it to them.

I am the one to teun to for "identity issues" here on the website, including questions of Viper ownership and VCA Membership. I try hard to help anyone with problems. Sometimes when one is missing that info under their username it is partly my fault....but easily remedied. :)

I wish I knew more about other things...but I don't...sorry.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I hate Kalifornians, they tend to be arrogant pissoirs. Did this offend you :eek: :eek: :eek:

Not at all... I tend to agree. Since I have brothers stationed at Rucker that are possibly your comrades and neighbor in the little bol weevil town, I'll refrain from insulting the people that live in Bama. :smirk:

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Tony. It was really never a problem up to now. Again, thank you. Larry

Reaction score
What are the rules and guidelines the admins here must obey?

They are what they have been for several years....we do what we think is right. You can see that this isn't always perfect by me posting the FIRST REPLY in D's thread! Now...I thought it was funny as heck....but in retrospect I was wrong. Well...I wasn't wrong...it WAS funny as he((....but misplaced. I'll take part of the balme as I didn't think to MOVE it OUT of this Forum. I should have done that on the spot and likely made the image a link. There is a fine line that is walked....wanting to have entertainment yet still be respectable (by your own words).

Having said all that....I can state that aside from what I have read right here I have no clue of the entire sequence of events, and that I have no comment on changing ANY Forum structure. While everyone's opinions are VERY important.....any given action WILL make 50% happy...and 50% mad. Been there, done that...we are where we are. We WILL be working to possibly ARCHIVE many, many posts, and organize the archives here directly.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I hate Kalifornians, they tend to be arrogant pissoirs. Did this offend you :eek: :eek: :eek:

Not at all... I tend to agree. Since I have brothers stationed at Rucker that are possibly your comrades and neighbor in the little bol weevil town, I'll refrain from insulting the people that live in Bama. :smirk:

Now that was good to hear :2tu: I am actually born and raised Kalifornian, but refuse to go back to live. Just visits :D Brothers Blackhawk or Apache drivers?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guidelines are a joke. They are not followed by either the moderators or some of the members who post. Example:
6. Classified ad posts to the forums will be deleted. Non-Viper Commercial posts will be deleted with the exception of approved commercial posts by site sponsors. Please note that classified ads, in our classifieds area, are free to VCA members.
Not a day goes by where somebody doesn't post something for sale on the forums. I don't see these posts getting deleted. Example 2:
2. Personal assaults, threats, use of copyrighted material, fraudulent statements, or comments derogatory to any ethnicity or orientation will be deleted.
I can name more than a few people who have threatened each other on this forum. I don't see those particular posts getting deleted.
One thing that really sticks out in my mind is when they removed Jon's little blurb about where he bought his Viper from. Big fricken deal! Almost everybody on this forum is advertising what parts are on their cars, me included. I am advertising for Nitrous Express and Snake Oyl Products. Why is that different than a car dealership? Please explain. The enforcement of the rules on this board are lacking and it is time that they enforce the rules for ALL not just for some.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now that was good to hear :2tu: I am actually born and raised Kalifornian, but refuse to go back to live. Just visits :D Brothers Blackhawk or Apache drivers?

I'm only here for the food... nowhere else has the range of good food that ******-cali has. :2tu:

My guys there drive 'Pachees... they're too "pretty" for the Blackhawks. ;)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guidelines are a joke. They are not followed by either the moderators or some of the members who post. Example:
6. Classified ad posts to the forums will be deleted. Non-Viper Commercial posts will be deleted with the exception of approved commercial posts by site sponsors. Please note that classified ads, in our classifieds area, are free to VCA members.
Not a day goes by where somebody doesn't post something for sale on the forums. I don't see these posts getting deleted. Example 2:
2. Personal assaults, threats, use of copyrighted material, fraudulent statements, or comments derogatory to any ethnicity or orientation will be deleted.
I can name more than a few people who have threatened each other on this forum. I don't see those particular posts getting deleted.
One thing that really sticks out in my mind is when they removed Jon's little blurb about where he bought his Viper from. Big fricken deal! Almost everybody on this forum is advertising what parts are on their cars, me included. I am advertising for Nitrous Express and Snake Oyl Products. Why is that different than a car dealership? Please explain. The enforcement of the rules on this board are lacking and it is time that they enforce the rules for ALL not just for some.

YEAH !! Exactly !! What Gives !! (I'm that Jon by the way)...

Ok moving on before I get my 92nd strike. :laugh:

Jon

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***????????????

I just got like 25 E-mail from Jay saying that a Ton of my pics have been deleted AFTER ALL THIS TIME????? now you get the bug up yout a$$????????????????

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
everything from girl pics (with NOTHING showing) to owned pics ***?????????

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOLY ****, I just saw more of my e-mails this guy deleted like 50 of my pics he had a friggin field day on my gall.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah in my gallery ***.

I honestly think that its personal with SOME people and other can get away with ******, no idea what people do to get on the **** list but there IS a list and im on it.

All kidding aside if it was not for the cool and helpful people on this site I would not still be here with all this B.S.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I could man im going to be in flordia for the holidays/cousins having a baby

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell your cousin to have the baby in NY. You need to make this party.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4