Why is everyone selling their vipers for so CHEAP?

Patrick99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering why everyone is selling their vipers for so cheap. I know the economy is bad and people need the money but why are they taking a 10k loss or more buy selling. It ****** me off that people are selling their vipers for so cheap. Especially people that buy their viper and sell it within a year and take a 10K to 15k loss. Don't buy the freakin viper in the first place if your going to sell it for soon for so less. I know that some people need the cash fast for some reason and I can agree with you their but others I can't. Six months ago you couldn't touch a GTS for under 50K. The economy stunk just as bad back then if not worse. I see GTS's all the time below that now. But now I saw the other day a 2001 RT/10 being sold for 47K. Thats insane.
Help the Vipers hold their value and don't sell for so cheap.
If everyone didn't sell for so cheap the prices would remain high and you could sell your viper this time next year for the same price that you are probably asking for now, and have a whole another year to enjoy it. I know alot of you might disagree but thats my opinion.
Thank You
Patrick

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is mad
grazy.gif
A viper is for life, not just for Christmas.
smile.gif

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fact is ...it is not just Vipers that getting hit!
Porsche 996 Turbos with low miles under 90,000 now that is
a car that 2 years ago went for 50,000 OVER MSRP or about 170k.
The economy IS MUCH WORSE than we realize...If it weren't for 40 year low interest rates and the support that the Housing sector is
injecting INTO the economy we would be IN VERY DEEP S***!!!

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a local Porsche dealer call me a couple of months ago, taking a 96 GTS in trade for a new 911 GT2(190k$) he said the car was ok & had 18000 miles. Said I could have it private sale for 37K$. Sent one of my friends down there & he picked it up, by the time it was said & done for 42K$, This "OK" car was MINT, with perfect paint, borla, new pilot sports, 5 point belts, & a 6K$ stereo that was also new. Just an example of the new economy.

When Ryan was going through the paperwork that came with the car, he found the original window sticker for 110k$ a 30 something thousand dollar dealer add on. New economy indeed.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bad viper:
Fact is ...it is not just Vipers that getting hit!
Porsche 996 Turbos with low miles under 90,000 now that is
a car that 2 years ago went for 50,000 OVER MSRP or about 170k.
The economy IS MUCH WORSE than we realize...If it weren't for 40 year low interest rates and the support that the Housing sector is
injecting INTO the economy we would be IN VERY DEEP S***!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wayne, I noticed your car in avatar and enlarged it. That is one very nice looking car. Has anyone been running these yet at the track? I know the first 25 have been sold . Do you know when they will be avaliable again?

I know this is off subject, sorry, and yes it does s--k people have to be so desperate to sell a supercar like the Viper.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, a '96 holds 50% of MSRP at the end of 2002, darn near 2003 and that's bad? How many cars are worth that percentage of the original sticker seven years on?

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, a Viper's for life...mines priceless to me, I'm never going to sell, and put what ever I can earn into mine. He's worth it.

But, this sell-value thing, it's the same overseas too. To buy a Viper in the UK, for when / what I paid for mine (well over 4 years ago) prices are down by at least £10K now (that's down by over a $15K) to buy a year old coupe.

I understand what you're saying...a year ago I had to argue the market value of my Beloved, with my insurance company when he was totaled. It was a fight. I just wanted his correct value, to be able to have enough of a payout to put towards rebuilding him, the current market was not all that favorable to this.