Why is renewal of membership so difficult?

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I joined last year and never got all my benefits. I can't believe it but I'm thinking of joining again this year. :bonker: If I rejoin I better get the access to the forums I deserve. (Lee00blacksilverGTS you know what I am talking about) I was ripped off last year. Why do I have to fill out the whole membership form again? With today’s technology, why is there not a on-line member registration? Why can't I just send in my check for renewal and get my new membership card? The membership cost is so high now and some of that money should go into setting up a easer way of renewing memberships. Where does our money go? Renewing membership is a hassle. The ultimate question, Do we get our $100 value being a member?

Bolt

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me its worth $100 just in the free food you get at meetings (assuming your club pays for food at meetings). Viper magazine mailings are spotty at best (I'm still waiting on my current issue), but with all the focus on VCA shortcomings lately, that's probably being addressed. I have heard the new website, that will hopefully be completed in the coming couple of months, could have the ability to renew VCA membership online :2tu:

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob -

According to the records I have, the VCA accepted a partial year's payment from you sometime in October which would have carried you through to the end of 2006. I received the PA WV club's portion of your payment the first week of December. I can only assume that you did not receive a club card because it was so late in the year. If you have further concerns or questions please call Denny at 570-662-7000. We look forward to seeing you at a Viper event again soon.

Ginger
Secretary-Treasurer
PA WV Viper Club of America

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, you are one of a very small group of folks who renewed in the last quarter and perhaps did not receive a perceived full value for the money you spent. I just spoke with Kim at HQ and I believe we can quickly fix you up as we have a few others. I just left you a phone message but if you did not get it give me a call on 410.978.7773
And I can assure all that online membership renewal is HIGH on the priority list of the web committee and the new National Board. It simply makes sense to do it that way from all respects.

OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must commend Lee and others of this board for seeing my pain and correcting the situation in a timely manor. I Thank you all who where involved. I'm renewing immediately!

Bolt