Why Is This Section So Lame???

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I got my SRT I've been watching this section pretty closely, hoping to gain some valuable info about my car, but there just isn't much activity here! The threads that are here always seem to be about people whining about the new coupe, or worrying about the new Z06! Why can't people just enjoy these cars? I, for one, LOVE my SRT! I think it's a huge improvement over the Gen 2 car! It's not quite as loud looking, but that's part of what I like about it. I wish more people would post about mods, or problems they had and how they were fixed. :confused:

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree. My car arrives tommorrow. I search this forum for useful info and find myself finding maybe one or two useful posts a day. The rest is crap about "z06 beats F-22 raptor to end of runway" or "just you wait until the new z06 comes out it will rule". Most posts made by people who will never own the car.. Whatever......

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The threads that are here always seem to be about people whining about the new coupe, or worrying about the new Z06!
...or whining about whining, or about the forum or about the people on the forum, so it would seem, hehe. ;)

This is a good forum with lots of useful information on it, in my opinion anyway, which is why I’m here. Of course since almost anything Viper goes, however, you have pick and choose what you want from among lots of stuff you may not. There’s something here for everybody I suppose, from track rats, to hp junkies, to garage queens, to socialites, to potential buyers and new owners, to trolls! And it seems to work pretty well too, or so our presents here would suggest. :2tu:

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because every reasonable Gen3 owner just gave up and balked away tired of Z06 whines or gen2 owners invectives. Yet when I was trying to suggest that something is wrong with the forum focus I was cursed, named and yelled at by the same people (including some of you guys? - I don't remember - see thread 'TO MODERATOR'). Good luck in reviving this forum.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because every reasonable Gen3 owner just gave up and balked away tired of Z06 whines or gen2 owners invectives. Yet when I was trying to suggest that something is wrong with the forum focus I was cursed, named and yelled at by the same people (including some of you guys? - I don't remember - see thread 'TO MODERATOR'). Good luck in reviving this forum.

its not ALL gen 2 owners I for one love the SRT.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Big Carrot, This side of the board is a little "kinder and gentle'er".Some of the new guys aren't as Wacko..(I've met Madman,he is a real car-guy)The SRT itself is bad-ass,Doesn't just turn heads, it yanks them.....

Three must have Mods for me(after 3 weeks of ownership
1)gears (early first gear not as strong as my GTS,stronger from then on)
2)exhaust(stock is to f'n quiet
3)speakers(stereo is o.k.,needs a little help
I'm digging the new ride..enjoy yours...

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Carrot...I am been thinking the same thing and I have a few opinions.

1. First of all, the SRT has not been a coupe version and it therefore has not been a trackable car. Those who could afford it went straight to the comp. coupe. I do not think there has been a big drive for mods because of this.

2. The mods that are available...exhausts etc. have not dramatically altered the horsepower of the car as earlier seen the the GTS. For example, when I put smooth tubes on my GTS, I did notice a improvement in performance. Going to K/N filters on my SRT gave me no such impression. I have done the Corsa exhausts and put a lightweight flywheel in place but nothing else performance wise(MGW goodies/short shifter not included). A supercharger and maybe spraying the car are the only things I can think of to significantly improve horsepower and performance.

3. Since it is a convertible, I drive the damn thing (31,000 miles and counting) so other than the items noted above, I have kept it stock for drivability.

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave, did yo make your gears already? I did mine (courtesy of Ted May's Vallaya) and the difference is just awesome! The gears really wake the car up, big time!

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well you just made some dumb suggestions in MY opinion. You wanted to block certain people, yata yata, if I remember correctly. If we did that, we'd have NOTHING to read! lol I just wish people would speak up and talk about the cars more, instead of ******** about what they have or whining about what they'd like to see. Again, this is just my opinion. Put that with five bucks, and you can buy yourself a Happy Meal.

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These dumb suggestions were so dumb you smartaass that I wanted to move whining threads to a general forum and leave this forum dedicated to SRT. In this phase I did not suggest to ban nobody. It was only after the notification that the individual would not follow the focus he would be banned. It was just a few troublemakers anyway and once the forum focus would get straigthen up people tend to follow up the crowd => post crap in general forum and do not bother specialized forum. When the target (SRT) info must be digested through so much crap like here most of folks would just give up and do not bother to contribute. What's the point? Having Craig add his stupid comments? How did you get rid of him on GTS forum?

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These dumb suggestions were so dumb you smartaass that I wanted to move whining threads to a general forum and leave this forum dedicated to SRT. In this phase I did not suggest to ban nobody. It was only after the notification that the individual would not follow the focus he would be banned. It was just a few troublemakers anyway and once the forum focus would get straigthen up people tend to follow up the crowd => post crap in general forum and do not bother specialized forum. When the target (SRT) info must be digested through so much crap like here most of folks would just give up and do not bother to contribute. What's the point? Having Craig add his stupid comments? How did you get rid of him on GTS forum?

The GTS is an execution of automotive perfection. I have nothing to criticize.

Without even getting into the merit of your stupid idea, I feel it is appropriate to address your atrocious spelling, grammar and sentence structure. Do you proofread anything you post let alone consider what you include in the post in terms of "content"? That last post of yours reads like something out of the annual dyslexic citizens of America newsletter. Organization and tact are not a strength of yours are they?

Better luck next time.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Me, personally, I enjoy a good internet pi$$ing match.......

Madman,the gears should be done within a week....

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't distinguish between 'criticizing' and 'making stupid comments' can you? On the other hand side it's not your fault entirely that you mess up this forum so much. Should this forum have its focus you would not find too many threads for 'criticizing'. Or would you criticize how do we replace air intake?

Oh yes, GTS is so perfect that you can't sit straight. Or can you?

Without even getting into the merit of your stupid idea, I feel it is appropriate to address your atrocious spelling, grammar and sentence structure. Do you proofread anything you post let alone consider what you include in the post in terms of "content"? That last post of yours reads like something out of the annual dyslexic citizens of America newsletter. Organization and tact are not a strength of yours are they?

Better luck next time.

You just irritate me too much :). When I am irritated I don't write clean. Also when I don't have time I create rubbish. Oh - english is my third language, sorry. It's czech, russian and english.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't distinguish between 'criticizing' and 'making stupid comments' can you? On the other hand side it's not your fault entirely that you mess up this forum so much. Should this forum have its focus you would not find too many threads for 'criticizing'. Or would you criticize how do we replace air intake?

Better luck next time.

You just irritate me too much :). When I am irritated I don't write clean. Also when I don't have time I create rubbish. Oh - english is my third language, sorry. It's czech, russian and english.

Then perhaps it is your inability to comprehend what I am saying that prevents you from seeing my point.

If you need a thread on replacing the air intake you've got problems.

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need a thread on replacing the air intake you've got problems.

I didn't but some other folks seemed to struggle with O2 sensor. See this as an example? Whoever would struggle next he won't find the answer here. Because it is burried under so much of rubbish.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig you are a complete waste of time and band width. Please leave and go to a place where you are wanted.

Now was that well written prose?

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Better luck next time.

BLAH BLAH BLAH, man this guy is like cancer (bad news) - a little kemo would do wonders. :2tu:

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BigCarrot.

Is the reason you are selling your ACR due to the SRT? I am drooling over your car, figuratively. :2tu:

If the timing was better for me I would have already made the trip to Dallas and checked it out.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here we go again. I think that doctob bob said it well. There is just not the modding opportunity with the GEN III that there is with the legacy Viper.

I think that will change and bring them in droves to the new coupe. The SRT is still a baby with only two years in production. So few owners compared to the earlier Gens.

I also think that the number of idiotic threads does indeed drive guys of my ilk away. I don't race, I don't write comments about people's mothers and have no game in the 18 smiley icons in a row department. Hence, I don't visit the board. If I can't tune out the peanut gallery, I'd rather not waste my time.

On another note:

BC, how do you like the SRT?

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That was a complete and utter beating to read. I tried twice, but my head kept spinning out of control, so I just gave up.

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot.

Is the reason you are selling your ACR due to the SRT? I am drooling over your car, figuratively. :2tu:

If the timing was better for me I would have already made the trip to Dallas and checked it out.

Yep! I reeeeally don't need two of these things. I was always scared to drive the ACR. Oooooh it's rare, I want to keep the miles off! This thing is really a better driver, so I intend to drive it! I know it hurts you to hear me say it, Craig! lol

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go again. I think that doctob bob said it well. There is just not the modding opportunity with the GEN III that there is with the legacy Viper.

I think that will change and bring them in droves to the new coupe. The SRT is still a baby with only two years in production. So few owners compared to the earlier Gens.

I also think that the number of idiotic threads does indeed drive guys of my ilk away. I don't race, I don't write comments about people's mothers and have no game in the 18 smiley icons in a row department. Hence, I don't visit the board. If I can't tune out the peanut gallery, I'd rather not waste my time.

On another note:

BC, how do you like the SRT?

I'll do my best to fix that! Let the mods begin! I love the car! I really dig convertibles, and I'm not old OR ***! We have had some absolutely beautiful weather here in the last couple of weeks, so I've driven this thing almost every day! I've put over 500 miles on it since I got it. It took me 3 months to do that on the ACR!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot.

Yep! I reeeeally don't need two of these things. I was always scared to drive the ACR. Oooooh it's rare, I want to keep the miles off! This thing is really a better driver, so I intend to drive it! I know it hurts you to hear me say it, Craig! lol

You mean cars are supposed to be driven? What an odd concept!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just can't believe it. Big Carrot tries to make a reasonable post and we are back to inappropiate commentary. I have read Vipermad's opinions on posting on the SRT site and I am one with an open mind, but it is time for either directly warning some of these individuals or just ban them. The useless clutter and commentary is starting to detract from this site.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Better luck next time.

You mean cars are supposed to be driven? What an odd concept!

Well now that we're being picky, "bandwidth" is one word.

You must be registered for see images attach

SRT10_SWISS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, for one, LOVE my SRT! I wish more people would post about mods, or problems they had and how they were fixed. :confused:

I agree 10'000%!!!!!

I'm new here, and please check first my forum name before you start bashing me about language and spelling :D !!!

You guys cannot enjoy your car, can you? I have a '98 C5 conv. too, and was corvetteforum.com member from the beginning. And I can tell you, this 'poor' vette guys really enjoy theirs cars, nobody with a C4 bashing a c5 owner, the people send pics about Zaino'ed cars, only to share their pleasure.
What the hell is your problem?? :confused:
We all here love vipers, you will not often find people where all have the same enthusiasm.
Please enjoy all your time here and share all your viper-fun with us other. :2tu:

my Garage

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456