Why Is This Section So Lame???

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Since we're splitting hairs:

The GTS is an execution of automotive perfection. I have nothing to criticize.

Without even getting into the merit of your stupid idea, I feel it is appropriate to address your atrocious spelling, grammar and sentence structure. Do you proofread anything you post let alone consider what you include in the post in terms of "content"? That last post of yours reads like something out of the annual dyslexic citizens of America newsletter. Organization and tact are not a strength of yours are they?

Better luck next time.

Without getting into the merits of your stupid idea, I feel it is appropriate to address your atrocious spelling, grammar and sentence structure. Do you proofread anything you post, let alone consider what you include in the post in terms of 'content'? That last post of yours reads like something out of the annual Dyslexic Citizens of America newsletter. Organization and tact are not strengths of yours, are they?

Better luck next time.

- "merit" should be pluralized, as his idea would have more than one benefit

- the commas after "post" and "yours" are self-explanatory

- "content" should not be enclosed in quotation marks, as he never said it, so it's not a quote. Enclose it in apostrophes instead to indicate paraphrasing.

- "Dyslexic Citizens of America" should be capitalized as you are implying a real organization. It wouldn't be "viper club of America", would it?

- "strength" should be pluralized and the "a" should be deleted since you referred to "organization and tact", which are not singular, and is the grammatical equivalent of saying "Those two thing..."

You did better than him, but English isn't his native language. It's a safe assumption you would fare much worse posting in Russian.

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without even getting into the merit of your stupid idea, I feel it is appropriate to address your atrocious spelling, grammar and sentence structure. Do you proofread anything you post let alone consider what you include in the post in terms of "content"? That last post of yours reads like something out of the annual dyslexic citizens of America newsletter. Organization and tact are not a strength of yours are they?

Better luck next time.

Thats it I am done, I love my car and that will not change, but the type of person that hangs out in this section and color the conversation are not the type I ever would be associated with. Its amazing, the corvetteforum was enjoyable, I would do a mod photograph it and share and discuss on the boards. I tried that here but in total this forum just iritates me. I have been checking the boards less and less. This is my last post.

I hope for his sake that Craig 201 is a better person in real life.

Rich

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just can't believe it. Big Carrot tries to make a reasonable post and we are back to inappropiate commentary. I have read Vipermad's opinions on posting on the SRT site and I am one with an open mind, but it is time for either directly warning some of these individuals or just ban them. The useless clutter and commentary is starting to detract from this site.

I sometimes have the tendency to post something negative in response to someone, but don't because if it's not constructive, then it's not worth the time to spend posting it. If you don't respond to them, then it just ends and they go somewhere else. I agree there ARE a few people that do most of the negative posting, so if you don't have anything worth saying, then don't say anything at all. That also works good in the real world. If everybody would respect everyone's opinion, we would get a lot more out of this site. I love these cars and that's why I'm here. So if you don't feel this way, then go find another site to tear down.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Carrot...I am been thinking the same thing and I have a few opinions.

1. First of all, the SRT has not been a coupe version and it therefore has not been a trackable car. Those who could afford it went straight to the comp. coupe. I do not think there has been a big drive for mods because of this.

2. The mods that are available...exhausts etc. have not dramatically altered the horsepower of the car as earlier seen the the GTS. For example, when I put smooth tubes on my GTS, I did notice a improvement in performance. Going to K/N filters on my SRT gave me no such impression. I have done the Corsa exhausts and put a lightweight flywheel in place but nothing else performance wise(MGW goodies/short shifter not included). A supercharger and maybe spraying the car are the only things I can think of to significantly improve horsepower and performance.

3. Since it is a convertible, I drive the damn thing (31,000 miles and counting) so other than the items noted above, I have kept it stock for drivability.
Argue for your limitations and they shall be yours! :p

Contrary to your assertion, she is very trackable, at least IMHO. And as for mods, short of blowing, you can also significantly improve horsepower by porting the heads and putting in a more aggressive cam.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats it I am done, I love my car and that will not change, but the type of person that hangs out in this section and color the conversation are not the type I ever would be associated with. Its amazing, the corvetteforum was enjoyable, I would do a mod photograph it and share and discuss on the boards. I tried that here but in total this forum just iritates me. I have been checking the boards less and less. This is my last post.

Rich

How many more feel the same way and don't bother to post?

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we're splitting hairs:

Better luck next time.

Without getting into the merits of your stupid idea, I feel it is appropriate to address your atrocious spelling, grammar and sentence structure. Do you proofread anything you post, let alone consider what you include in the post in terms of 'content'? That last post of yours reads like something out of the annual Dyslexic Citizens of America newsletter. Organization and tact are not strengths of yours, are they?

Better luck next time.

- "merit" should be pluralized, as his idea would have more than one benefit

- the commas after "post" and "yours" are self-explanatory

- "content" should not be enclosed in quotation marks, as he never said it, so it's not a quote. Enclose it in apostrophes instead to indicate paraphrasing.

- "Dyslexic Citizens of America" should be capitalized as you are implying a real organization. It wouldn't be "viper club of America", would it?

- "strength" should be pluralized and the "a" should be deleted since you referred to "organization and tact", which are not singular, and is the grammatical equivalent of saying "Those two thing..."

You did better than him, but English isn't his native language. It's a safe assumption you would fare much worse posting in Russian.

-the ineluctable modality of the posts on here.....nothing like an english lesson to go with the complaints, arguments and insights. pretty funny, you killed that guy :headbang:

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rich

Me. But I don't think it's just this forum. I'm convinced the surrogate meeting place of "internet forum" for "car enthusiasts" is a lousy match. To tempting an audience for some (especially non-owners) to resist the attention-seeking behavior of ragging and flaming.

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Surely you aren't trying to say that a college kid with enough spare time to post nearly 5,000 times is seeking attention? I thought his endless complaints, criticisms and personal attacks were simply a clue that he was a lot smarter than the rest of us. After all, he has said that he has forgotten more about Vipers than most of us will ever know. Oh wait, I forgot. He explained that. He is simply forcing DC to make a better car. Those smiley faces, violins and such will give us all a much better car.

You should send a bill for your grammar lessons.

Dirk
Another of the hundreds who are sick and tired of Craig 201 and his ilk.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Rich

I feel the same way. I still visit this place in hopes I might glean some info but there’s just not much goin’ on. I’m a person who actually prefers being alone and didn’t buy my car to make friends. Nevertheless, I thought it might be cool to join VCA and do some cruises and such. After seeing some of the tension, bitterness, and name calling in this place, I’ve kinda given up on that idea. Think I’ll just keep flyin’ solo.

Reaction score
I just can't believe it. Big Carrot tries to make a reasonable post and we are back to inappropiate commentary.
I'm sorry....this Why Is This Section So Lame??? is considered a "reasonable post? Sorry...but in my book that is more on the inciteful side of things (as is evident by how the thread has gone). I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was the intended course, based on the way the thread was STARTED, and the direection it is going. Up until THIS VERY thread....things were on the upswing. As I stated in another thread....there is GREAT help in the GEN III area, and changes do not happen overnight.

Personally, and absolutely NO offense intended....but I think you ALL got sucked back in to the same old arguement by Carrot. :) IF that is the case....better to just skip the thread next time since the issue has been beat to death. Most times when a thread is ignored....well...it fades off into oblivion. :)

Reaction score
And my last note before I haul my sorry GEN II butt outta here (and leave it to the GEN III MAN....it appears there are many who have a problem with Craig and his tons of spare time....yada, yada, yada. What I notice is that many who post about him, his free time, his being a kid, etc....well...they weren't HERE 5 years ago when he was. :) Can Craig be annoying? Yep. He knows it, he knows I know it, and he knows ( :) ) when he's gone a bit too far. I am sorry to drag this silly thread out further...but he did not come to this forum and post a thread...he replied to a thread. Probably a thread that should never have been started....but that is neither here nor there.

If this was a SERIOUS thread about the car, mods, this, that....and he interjected crap...I'd be all over it. But it isn't. It is a thread, started by an SRT Owner, about this forum...which WAS on the way up (IMHO).

Go ahead...start a thread with substance, asking technical questions....I'll bet dinner at Tators that IF Craig were to post, he'd offer help. He knows Vipers....and can walk the walk. Start a thread waxing philosophical and he'll add 2 cents there too.

Peace...out!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go ahead...start a thread with substance, asking technical questions....I'll bet dinner at Tators that IF Craig were to post, he'd offer help. He knows Vipers....and can walk the walk. Start a thread waxing philosophical and he'll add 2 cents there too.

Peace...out!

I agree with POSER.

all kidding aside he may talk shyt sometimes but he DOES in fact know about vipers maybe that is due to "all the time he has on his hands" Do I agree with alot of his posts NO but everyones entitled to his/her opinion and his happens to be more partial to gen 2 so be it.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But why would someone want to be in a social setting where everyone competes just to see who can come up with the best personal insult. Coming here is like walking into an 8th grade classroom.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But why would someone want to be in a social setting where everyone competes just to see who can come up with the best personal insult. Coming here is like walking into an 8th grade classroom.

Tell me about it.

People bust ballz about spelling and grammer ect.

Where I figure its just a chat on the internet who cares about all that but I guess most people do.

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, you took it all wrong! I've just been watching this section closely for the last couple of weeks, and the focus isn't really on the SRT-10, it's more on everything else! Dear Dodge, here is what I want... '05 Zo6... blah blah blah. I love Craig! He cracks me up fairly often! He does rag on SRT's entirely too much, and for no apparent reason, but I still like the guy. Contrary to what you might think, this thread wasn't some evil plot to bring the SRT section to it's knees. I'd just like to see more informative posts, even if they are about some guy that bought a car cover! I might want to buy a freakin' car cover, who knows!

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tell me about it.

Where I figure its just a chat on the internet who cares about all that but I guess most people do.

I hear ya, Stu! BTW, it's grammar.

Reaction score
Carrot....as I said...no offense, honest!! :) People want "more content".....then post it, I say. This particular thread is not indicative of the direction the forum is heading. Efforts are being made, solutions are in place...so just post the substance. I dare to say that THE next important/busy thread next to this one, is Chris' about the red SRT-10 with add-ons. Yes, there are people watching to make sure it stays on track, as well as other threads. But THIS thread, IMHO, is just another place, and an invitation, for everyone to post their thoughts. You asked a question that has been asked over and over....yet all the regulars thought they needed to chime in AGAIN. If they has ignored it...it would have gone away and Chris' thread would be at the top.

According to some...I should REMOVE this thread ASAP...it has absolutely NO substance having to do with the SRT-10! But, since it was started by an SRT-10 owner, others imply/infer it is ok...as long as NON-SRT10 owners don't post to it. See the cycle?

I can state for a fact that steps have been taken to help move things in the right direction....whether or not it happens as fast as some want, I can't promise. If more SRT-10 owners post something up with substance (which is what they are saying is lacking), and refrain from inviting the views of others on subjective issues such as this thread....the forum will be what they want. :)

So there is the challenge. My personal view is that if you ignore the stupid threads, they go away. Post some substance and the threads will grow and the crap will be kept to a minimum.

<sarcasm>Of course....all of THAT hasn't happened in the past day or two...so OF COURSE it isn't EVER going to happen.</sarcasm>

So...do I remove this thread madman...Outlaw....DR???? I am honestly at a loss. Would you have me remove a thread of an SRT-10 owner, posting in "his forum"?

Now...where are the daylight pics of that splitter, Chris!?!?!?! :)

PS...Sorry Carrot, I should have made perfectly clear...I am not typing with my mean face on...I'm just throwing out thoughts. Nothing is directed AT you, just in your direction. :) :headbang:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do think I was "sucked" into a thread. I am going to give my "two cents" and not return to this thread(I hope it has a rapid demise). I was not looking so much at Carrot's title on this thread but his concern on lack of information on "mods" and issues with the SRT. I rendered my opinion above.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tell me about it.

I hear ya, Stu! BTW, it's grammar.

LMFAO you [******] lol J/K LMAO

for some reason that just really hit my funny bone im still laughing.

Reaction score
Personally...when I see threads that have substance, they will have my eye (that goes for most any forum). They are starting, contrary to some opinions, and will continue. The problem is that some want it NOW...and that won't happen until the informative posts happen NOW. As stated, there are steps being made to restrict the "brief, negative, sarcastic,
critical, deliberately provocative and demeaning responses"
.....and lately, the only thread I have seen that is in this very thread. Again, started by a SRT owner, obviously with concerns....but the better response (IMVHO) would to simply have stated "Just hang out a bit...things will pick up now". Instead, the red flag was waved and blatantly dared the "troublemakers" back:

Because every reasonable Gen3 owner just gave up and balked away tired of Z06 whines or gen2 owners invectives. Yet when I was trying to suggest that something is wrong with the forum focus I was cursed, named and yelled at by the same people (including some of you guys? - I don't remember - see thread 'TO MODERATOR'). Good luck in reviving this forum.

and

These dumb suggestions were so dumb you smartaass that I wanted to move whining threads to a general forum and leave this forum dedicated to SRT.

So lets go already. Lets see some talking about SRT's. It is your forum...why dwell on something you want changed...you have the ball. :) (meant in third person...not directed at any one person).

To me, this is a dead horse. I have stated time and time again now. Post your mods, post your questions....all the rest will be handled in a way that will further your forum. This thread did nothing but set the forum back...but had I moved (or removed) it....I'd be in just as much trouble for not letting an SRT owner speak his mind in the SRT forum. Don't complain about Craig in THIS thread (I don't think I've seen him post in any other SRT thread...does THAT mean something!!!)...he did nothing but respond to the other responses.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to rename this forum the "lame and whining srt forum".And to think the gen 1&2 people were angry,worried when you got a separate forum.So now who is persona non-gratis? GTS Bruce

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermad, I know I'm like the guy with violine (courtesy of craig up the thread) BUT I do think that maybe time came to shuffle the order of forums towards:

1. General car discussions (or call it 'Arena' or something else catching)
2. GTS/RT Garage (about the car only)
3. SRT10 Garage (about the car only)

It will take a while for SRT owners to come back to the SRT garage but they will come. Certainly SRT nonowners will be welcomed to post question about SRT there and if craig won't be around to immediately say that SRT is junk maybe there is going to be intelligent discussion.

I believe that if a new welcome page will explain what and where should be discussed most folks will follow. I think most folks have pretty good judgment.

This thread would not be here in the first place - once it exists it should be in the general section.

Threads such as:

Can someone photoshop Black VCA wheels on a white Mamba
. . Finally Got it, Finally Got it!!!! Finally got it !
. . some positive thoughts for a bad situation...
Non-SRT Wine Sold Through WalMart
My Wife's First Track Day
... and others

...were not posted in general forum because their authors do not consider General forum as a main forum and since they are SRT owners they think they should post them in 'their' SRT forum. WRONG! If you explain folks that specific forums are for garage talks only I think they will post where they post belong.

And last - if you incorporate these changes - send email all registered users to let them know about the change, then get a drink and wait. I bet you (all of us) won't be disappointed.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah forgive me for only my third year of VCA membership, but I don't find anything about Craig's posts, save his tenure, defensible.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Time to rename this forum the "lame and whining srt forum".And to think the gen 1&2 people were angry,worried when you got a separate forum.So now who is persona non-gratis? GTS Bruce

Come on Bruce, I thought you would love it here with so few striped cars.

Reaction score
Threads such as:

... and others

...were not posted in general forum because their authors do not consider General forum as a main forum and since they are SRT owners they think they should post them in 'their' SRT forum. WRONG!

Wait....now you're saying that the threads you have listed....THOSE shouldn't be in here EITHER???? ROFL!! Where else in the world would you go to ask someone to photoshop some wheels on a SRT-10? Where else in the world would you go to let people know you FINALLY GOT your SRT-10. I am not COMPLETELY confounded and lost by your logic...I apologize.

Last time I will ever say this. The forums will not (at least by me) be changed, either in name, or in order (well...maybe fine-tuned...:) ). This forum is for discussing the SRT-10...be it yelling to the world that you FINALLY GOT IT, or to share experiences concerning your wife's first track day in the SRT. ALL of that is germaine and informative to SOMEONE in here. There was a spell when things were, for lack of a better term, on autopilot and the direction of threads was not being looked at. That is no more. Take the ball and run with it. Post SRT stuff, and you will thrive. This thread only serves to perpetuate YOUR issue.

I am note trying to dismiss your concerns....quite the opposite. they have been addressed, I have posted about it....yet you still complain. You have.....what you have. The ground work is there to build on. I really don't know how many times/way I can say it.Now...lately, except for Craig's posts in this thread....I have seen hardly one single post that supports your concerns (I'm probably wrong)....but lately the only people with an issue are SRT owners who are dwelling on something that is currently on a downward trend (save for their posts).

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Threads such as:

... and others

...were not posted in general forum because their authors do not consider General forum as a main forum and since they are SRT owners they think they should post them in 'their' SRT forum. WRONG!

Wait....now you're saying that the threads you have listed....THOSE shouldn't be in here EITHER???? ROFL!! Where else in the world would you go to ask someone to photoshop some wheels on a SRT-10? Where else in the world would you go to let people know you FINALLY GOT your SRT-10. I am not COMPLETELY confounded and lost by your logic...I apologize.

You still divide users by what they own. Whatever you want to talk about go to SRT forum as an SRT owner. Not good. Look at the forum not from the ownership standpoint but from the content standpoint.

I named threads as an examples... honestly I don't know where the wheels thread should go, I would put it to general but it would be author's judgment. Finally got it - definitely general. You want the world know, this world may be not only SRT owners but GTS owners as well. It may seem but it is not car specific subject.

Last time I will ever say this. The forums will not (at least by me) be changed, either in name, or in order (well...maybe fine-tuned...:) ). This forum is for discussing the SRT-10...be it yelling to the world that you FINALLY GOT IT, or to share experiences concerning your wife's first track day in the SRT. ALL of that is germaine and informative to SOMEONE in here. There was a spell when things were, for lack of a better term, on autopilot and the direction of threads was not being looked at. That is no more. Take the ball and run with it. Post SRT stuff, and you will thrive. This thread only serves to perpetuate YOUR issue.

Does it look that I started this thread? About this forum being lame? I certainly think so but I did not start it. Only a folk who was used to certain content from GTS forum got SRT, looked here and scratched his head. :confused:

I am note trying to dismiss your concerns....quite the opposite. they have been addressed, I have posted about it....yet you still complain. You have.....what you have. The ground work is there to build on. I really don't know how many times/way I can say it.Now...lately, except for Craig's posts in this thread....I have seen hardly one single post that supports your concerns (I'm probably wrong)....but lately the only people with an issue are SRT owners who are dwelling on something that is currently on a downward trend (save for their posts).

The folks starting this thread were dwelling on incompetent content of this forum. They were not dwelling on this or that post. This forum drove most folks away whether you like or not.

Anyway - I am out. I hope that my audio setup and exhaust threads were and will be of some use to somebody. Good luck with this forum.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok truce you guys. Tony, thanks for your renewed committment to the SRT forums.

Madman, we enjoy reading your posts and thanks for documenting your recent upgrades. Let's move on. You guys are the same team here.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I'm so late to get back to the party, I was out in my advanced English class, it appears as though I'm not as perfect as I would like to believe. Who woulda thunk it?

I can't beleive that all you guys are missing it when Tony can see it ( and he's OLD!) that I'm not longer starting any crap in terms of the car that this forum is based upon. The only time you're going to see me pull out my over the top, condescending, smartass opinion is when the whining about such trivial issues begins. Carrot's thread is not trivial IMHO, I see it as more of a wake up call for those to start posting about specific topics that pertain to things that the OWNERS of the SRT-10's want to see. This forum is what you make it. The last thing this site needs is more forums, although I wouldn't mind if Tony could hook me up with a rants section.

I've explained numerous times my position on everything and I'm done with it. Do I poke fun occaisionally? Of course I do, it keeps things interesting. I like to have fun and have a couple laughs whether it's at my expense or someon else's.

Bottom line is, I've been around for a hell of a long time, hence the high post count. I've been around since all this was an email mailing list, so I kind of have an idea of what I am talking about. I'm an extremely passionate enthusiast and only want to see this car flourish and last for many more generations. It is because of that intense passion that I come across the way I do. If you think what I put on this board now is vile you should been here back in 03! I don't think Tony had enough :laugh: 's back then!

PEACE!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, you took it all wrong! I've just been watching this section closely for the last couple of weeks, and the focus isn't really on the SRT-10, it's more on everything else! Dear Dodge, here is what I want... '05 Zo6... blah blah blah. I love Craig! He cracks me up fairly often! He does rag on SRT's entirely too much, and for no apparent reason, but I still like the guy. Contrary to what you might think, this thread wasn't some evil plot to bring the SRT section to it's knees. I'd just like to see more informative posts, even if they are about some guy that bought a car cover! I might want to buy a freakin' car cover, who knows!

hey carrot - gotta love my cover,lol. sooooooooooo here it is again and no way
carrot will i sell it to ya. enjoy lmfao
6041PICT0020-med.JPG

oh by the way i know, I'M A POSER, LOL. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: