Why no Challenge Series at MMP?

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Title says it all...I passed up NASA Nat's so I could go. :mad: My car is ready to run, so I am going to The Glen instead. I have no desire to spectate. Anyone need a hotel reservation?

venomous06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was my issue as well. I found out about it when we were at Hallet. I had made all of the plans for transport with Archer then I started to hear rumors about no Challenge series. I was very disapointed... Car isnt going out there now.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was looking forward to VOI with the Viper Days event. Bernie told me in June when I was in HOU visiting my folks, decided to just go to Spring Mountain.

venomous06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was looking forward to VOI with the Viper Days event. Bernie told me in June when I was in HOU visiting my folks, decided to just go to Spring Mountain.

From what I have gathered there are quite a few of us that are not bringing cars because of this. I was really looking forward to running a few days at Miller.

Oh well....

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There has been alot of frustration on this issue, but it appears to have been a scheduling issue that was insurmountable with all the events going on. With the race going on Sat. and Sun. , it did not make sense , apparently to run the Challenge Series after the weekend, as the Viper Racing League and Viper Cup would have already been finished.

To Miller Motorsports credit, they have a scheduled track day set up for the 30th and they invited VOI attendees to run even though there was other items already on the agenda. You can run the entire day , with instruction ( 5 sessions ) or the afternoon with no instruction ( around $250 ). You might check if there are any openings left , as quite a few of us took up Miller on the offer.

435-277-8796 ext 1 , ask for Bill