Wichita- July 14- Automobilia Moonlight Car Show

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As noted in prior threads, we working on having some monthly Wichita-area get-togethers. NSXER, Darell, and I were at the Ark City event yesterday, and discussed future events.

The Automobilia Moonlight Car Show and Street Party is one of the best and biggest shows of the year in Wichita. This year, it's on Saturday, July 14, from 6:00 PM to Midnight, followed by a cruise up and down Douglas Avenue until 1:30 AM or so.

See the attached link for details. The show is in Wichita's "Old Town" area, and I've also included a link for details on Old Town.

I know it might be a little early to start planning, but we want to to put a Viper group together for the show. Registration can be done on-line, or at the show (although given the number of cars, pre-registering is simpler/better).

I don't think parking areas can be reserved, and the prime, shaded areas are at somewhat of a premium (I lined up to enter at 4:00 PM or so last year).

Post or PM me if you are interested in attending.

(We also talked about targeting the Winfield "Last Run" event, set for sometime in September. More details to follow later.)

Thanks.

http://www.automobiliausa.com/events.html#carshow

http://www.oldtownwichita.com/

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Axtel,

I may try and come up for that. I will let you know in a couple of weeks. I'm not too far down the road. Just outside OKC.
Anyone from your area going down to Viper Days in Texas?

OP
OP
A

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
B767- I saw your post in the OK Section about the Viper Days event. I haven't heard about any locals going down for that, but it sounds like a good time.

It would be great if we could get some Oklahoma guys to make the trip north sometime, and the July 14th event is a good one. Given that schedules are always pretty full, I can't guarantee that we'll be able to get a group of Vipers together for it, but I'm hoping we can get a few. Let me know if you can make it.

Thanks.

OP
OP
A

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have a least two of us (Darell and me) firmed up for the show on Saturday. (Compensating, NSXER, and Silver_Snake, you have PM.)

We'll meet somewhere on Saturday afternoon (maybe the Homeland Foods at Douglas and Hillside, maybe as early as a little before 4:00 if that works for everyone). I'll post the details when we get things firmed up.

We also plan to do the Backyard Burgers event Friday night (7010 West 21st) at 6:00/6:30 or so.

Post or PM me if you want to join us.

Thanks.

OP
OP
A

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Regarding the Old Town show this Saturday evening-- We plan to meet at 4:00 (or a little before) at the Homeland Foods parking lot at Douglas and Hillside.

OP
OP
A

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pictures of our group, from the show--

IMG_2587s.JPG

IMG_2579s1.JPG

IMG_2569s1.JPG

IMG_2582s.JPG

IMG_2584s.JPG

IMG_2575s.JPG

This green Gen I wasn't with our group, and I couldn't find the owner. Is it anyone on here?

IMG_2567s.JPG