Wife to VOI?

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my wife will be almost 8 months pregnant at VOI and she has said that I need to decide whether I would like her to come with me vs inviting a non-pregnant male friend. The only driving event she would be able to do would be the scenic cruise, & she will still struggle to get in and out of the car and will complain of discomfort the whole time (based on the last time she rode in the car pregnant). She won't even ride with Charlotte in the car with me, she wants to drive separate.

Is it still worth it for her to go? Does anyone else have their better half sit on the sidelines and watch every event? My concern is that she wanted to go, but now I can see her being miserable the entire time....

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally would not pay the $ for her to be at an event should would not enjoy.

Agreed. My wife was pregnant during VOI 11 but not 8 months pregnant. If your wife goes i imagine her probably just hanging out in the hotel. Theres not always places to sit and since we have a race way for the track we may have access to the bleachers but I can't imagine it being very comfortable. I would suggest she stay home and go by yourself.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some of the clubs do dinner on their own the last night...if you live close enough maybe she could go...?

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
There is no good answer--you're in trouble either way--take her and she's uncomfortable, leave her and she will think about the trip all the time you are gone. Like she said it's your decision--not me--I'd pass--Dave

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no good answer--you're in trouble either way--take her and she's uncomfortable, leave her and she will think about the trip all the time you are gone. Like she said it's your decision--not me--I'd pass--Dave

This sounds like good advice, let me guess Dave .... you've been married for several years?

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

your doomned pal.....

That's exactly it... There isn't a good option. I'm in trouble either way. I think I am leaning towards asking a friend and leaving her at home...

You must be registered for see images attach

"More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before."

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly it... There isn't a good option. I'm in trouble either way. I think I am leaning towards asking a friend and leaving her at home...

You must be registered for see images attach

"More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before."

I agree with you. But, while you're away at VOI, you should arrange a girls massage retreat for her. Setup a day or two of massages for her and invite her friends to have lunch/shop/etc. It's purely a diversion tactic :D While she's relaxed she'll forget about you at VOI. :2tu:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you. But, while you're away at VOI, you should arrange a girls massage retreat for her. Setup a day or two of massages for her and invite her friends to have lunch/shop/etc. It's purely a diversion tactic :D While she's relaxed she'll forget about you at VOI. :2tu:

Ohhh, you are goood! I need to put you on as a marital consultant! :1up::hail::hail:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

While that's a great idea tony there's one flaw....the massage could send her into labor early. :omg: My wife got a mani pedi the day of our holiday party last year and it sent her into labor. Needless to say I got a call to head home ASAP. Made it home with more then enough time but may heart was racing the whole drive home.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While that's a great idea tony there's one flaw....the massage could send her into labor early. :omg: My wife got a mani pedi the day of our holiday party last year and it sent her into labor. Needless to say I got a call to head home ASAP. Made it home with more then enough time but may heart was racing the whole drive home.

Ok. Facials and manicures. Followed by hiring a personal chef to host a cooking class in the kitchen followed by a nice gourmet dinner and then girls movie night.

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
If she wasnt pregnant then 100% yes she would need to go, my wife has a great time, even on the sidelines sometimes. As far as being uncomfortable, I guess thats a personal decision

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Slither--
Yea been married for 43 yrs to the same woman--It was dumb luck to do it right the first time.---Dave

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 months pregnant...wow.

Since my daughter was born 8 weeks early (thank God, no complications other than getting her weight up before bringing her home) I'd think your wife would be better off closer to her doctor. Go with a buddy as your wife will not have a free long weekend to herself for a long time once your baby is delivered.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say leave it up to her. She knows what is happening with her pregnancy and how comfortable she will be. I passed up a chance for hot air ballooning in the Rockies after the Balloon Festival in New Mexico due to my ex-wife being pregnant years ago. I had an all expenses paid chance of a life time and passed it up. It STILL kills me every time I think about it. Not that I didn't love my wife ... I just missed out on something that could have been some of the best memories of that period.

Let HER decide what SHE wants to do and just deal with it. I'm about to do my first VOI and my wife only sits and watches ... sometimes. The mall across the street is her destination on track days at VOI and that will put her in a good mood for the dinners! If your BETTER HALF wants to go, do everything you can to make it possible, but give her the chance to decide. MY wife doesn't ride with me to outings, she flies and meets me there. I make sure that the hotel is 5 star and she will be comfortable with even staying at the hotel with the spa, shopping and whatever. It's worked out well for me over the last few years that I've had my Viper as she is attending more and more outings and not giving me a hard time when SHE decides not to go.

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. Facials and manicures. Followed by hiring a personal chef to host a cooking class in the kitchen followed by a nice gourmet dinner and then girls movie night.

Skip the chef part - she'll feel compelled to clean the whole house before he comes into her kitchen. Call her closest girlfriends and give them a budget - girls retreat somewhere? Hot shoes she wouldn't normally buy? Day sitting at home with nothing to do and no one to feed?

Diane

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great ideas everyone, I will try to set something special up for her near our home while I am away. I have registered myself and a guest TBD. I just know it won't be fun for either of us if we both go and she won't be able to fully participate...

Let HER decide what SHE wants to do and just deal with it

I wish.. she was doing the classic: "It's completely up to you... I will understand either way" :mad:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She *may* be more cozy at home, but on the other hand, she may actually enjoy herself. My wife was 7 1/2 months pregnant when we went to VOI 10. She had a great time. She met some other Viper wives and it actually got her more into the local Viper events we had in PA. In fact, she didn't want to stay home for Viper events after VOI 10.

Did she take part in the driving events at VOI 10? Heck no, but she enjoyed hanging out and talking to the many Viper wives who were also sitting along the side lines. The evening dinners and hang outs were fun for her too. You can think of it as one of your final hurrah's before the little one arrives because things are a little crazy for a while after that....as I'm sure you've heard. :)

Congrats in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper