Wife won't let me get a Viper

V

Venomiss

I bought my Viper at age 23 for a reason, now any girl knows the Viper is part of the package and by the time I get married (if ever), it'll be paid off and not a monthly financial burden. Ok, thats not the reason why I bought the car, but it works out well that way.

I think most women dont like their bf's/husbands buying Vipers because:

1. They know the cars attract all sorts of people...including hot 21 yr olds w/bodies that would make a Viper body look plain *
2. They think you'll pay more attention to the car than them *
3. It means they lose garage privileges and will have to bring the groceries in from the outside even if its raining *
4. It means they may not be able to buy the newest soccer mom minivan when it hits the market *
5. They only come in manual trannies so they know they cant drive it (unless your name is Mary, Juli, Nadine, Melia, or Leslie) *

* All hate mail can be forwarded to my email address
Well put on #5 Chad....nothing in the mail...:rolaugh:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well put on #5 Chad....nothing in the mail...:rolaugh:

5. They only come in manual trannies so they know they cant drive it (unless your name is Mary, Juli, Nadine, Melia, or Leslie[quote: Chad]

Same here, Chad...nothing but 'love mail' for you *smooch*~~~juli

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, after year's of dreaming, my dream will become a reality in the next year, I can finally afford to buy a Viper. But now my wife is adament about buying a car that has more than 2 seats. You see the thing we just had a son and that's what she's holding me to, that we won't be able to drive around for family cruises. She has absolutely no problem with me spending the money, or that I want a sports car, it just has to have back seats for the baby. But how many REAL sports cars are there out there that have back seats, or back seats with child seat anchors???

What can I do to convince her otherwise?

Get her a nice Toyota Corolla and get you a Viper.:headbang:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to be some people who aren't living in marriage/gf bliss. I say start a thread and post their pics. Post her stats, your complaints about her, and your guidelines for unloading her. Are you willing to swap or only looking to sell her out right (need money for more Viper mods)? It'd be like an interactive Viper/chick thread!*

*Hate mail can be forwarded to my email address

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It seems to be some people who aren't living in marriage/gf bliss. I say start a thread and post their pics. Post her stats, your complaints about her, and your guidelines for unloading her. Are you willing to swap or only looking to sell her out right (need money for more Viper mods)? It'd be like an interactive Viper/chick thread!*

*Hate mail can be forwarded to my email address

LOL!! That just cracks me up!! :lmao: No hate mail comming from me...it's all positive :D Do you think Boost Almighty wants get rid of his wife? :eater: She is one hot 'all naural' babe! Dang that Boost is one lucky fella ;)

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Ok, buys 2 cars, get her a mini van if she wants extra seats. Once in a while it does ****
that my wife & daughter cant ride with me (once in a while) Most of the time my wife doesnt want to ride in the Viper, for some reason she says I drive to fast. My daughter loves the car & usually tells my wife I drive to fast with her in the car, but its worth it. Next just buy the Viper, join you local Viper club and have some fun, you have no idea what your missing. I was looking to buy a sports car (of some type) and bought a Viper, out of state, & had it trucked to my house. I told my wife what I bought 30 minutes before the car arrived. I just said, hey honey, remember I was looking at sport cars, and she said yes, and I said it'l be here in 30 minutes, and its a Viper!!! We're still Married:)

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
why in the world would ANYONE let a wife/husband tell them what they can or cant buy ? dont ask her for permission, buy it and show her. if she doesnt like it, too bad.

UNLESS SHE makes all the money and you stay home eating bon bons. but especially if you make more money than her, she has ZERO SAY.

(my wife doesn't have to ask me for permission either)

Did you hear this? Wise words forsure.

OP
OP
C

Cobra Comander

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your comments. I feel allot better knowing that I'm not the only one with thoughts of owning a Viper that has a family with kids also. I think what needs to happen next is just some more talking to help her understand why I want this car. I am also going to forward this thread to her so she realizes I'm not crazy for wanting the car, and that other women, and their wifes aren't crazy for letting their husbands get one either.
Part of her being so reluctant to get a 2 seater car probably has to do with my love for sportbikes. She was afraid of riding with me on them so my rides would be without her. But once I knew the baby was coming, both my racebike and streetbike were sold by my choice. She probably feels that if I get this car it's going to be just me and the car every other night, and her at home alone with the baby.

Someone also mentioned that maybe I'm going through some sort of crisis because of the baby, not the case at all. Actually, it really has to do with coincidence/timing, everything that we ever wanted is just happening at the same time, financially things are great and are starting to enjoy the finer things in life. And as a matter of fact I could go out today and buy a Viper, but thought it would be more responsible of me to wait another year until we are completely comfortable with the baby and are settled into our new house. I could wait till I'm 40, but I'm 31 now and who knows what could happen tomorrow, life is short, and believe that it should be lived with the means that you are given.

I would also like to point something out that may have offended tha ladies here. I didn't say my wife IS a *****, she was just being ******, unreasonable like(I think it may have been her time of the month LOL!!!)

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress, but GOD AS MY WITNESS THIS MAN WILL HAVE HIS VIPER!!!

CAN I GET AN AMENNNNNAAAAAA!!!!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good, now go talk to her and be sure to hit the right arguments that are her main concern head on, then GO GET HER (a Viper that is :eater: )!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AMEN!

tell your wife this - my viper has brought my kids and i alot closer. during the driving weather, my kids know that if they behave and do well in school that week, they get turns taking a long viper ride on the weekend!

well, both kids are on the honor roll in school, and i can honestly say that they behave better than most kids i see nowadays. i love hearing my kids ask me if they can help me with the car. i take my kids with me to car shows sometimes, and i love watching them give other kids and people the "grand tour" of the car - it is an absolute riot!!

i could go on and on, and someday you will too. :2tu:

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow....this post got a LOT of replies......it must be a touchy subject. Been maried 32 years, and from the beginning I was the head of the household, NOT MY WIFE! If there is a decision made the buck stops here! I will ask for her input, and because of that I have changed my mind on a number of things, but when it comes to the cars in the family, that's MY decision. If you ARE the head of the household, be the head of the household. If not, cower down bunky, and let HER run the show! It will have to be that way from now on.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AMEN!

tell your wife this - my viper has brought my kids and i alot closer. during the driving weather, my kids know that if they behave and do well in school that week, they get turns taking a long viper ride on the weekend!

well, both kids are on the honor roll in school, and i can honestly say that they behave better than most kids i see nowadays. i love hearing my kids ask me if they can help me with the car. i take my kids with me to car shows sometimes, and i love watching them give other kids and people the "grand tour" of the car - it is an absolute riot!!

i could go on and on, and someday you will too. :2tu:

love it:headbang:

I truly believe one should buy as much Viper as they can comfortably afford, and let the kids get the kids into it as well. they are the future owners and we need them to be into the Vipers so we have someone to give us a ride when we get too old to drive:lmao:

greenmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's real simple. She has an everyday car, You have an everyday car, and you both have an occasional car for when you go out on dates or want to cruise with the top down and without the kids like you did when you were dating. Nothing more. There are no other alterior motives or if there are keep them to yourself. You need to have some fun and with her.
I have a 3 year old, a 6 year old and both fight to see who is going to go for a cruise with dad. It is a bonding experience that you absolutely can not miss. It is a must.:D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think it's hard to convince your wife you need a Viper?
Try to convince her why one person need's a second one....:omg:
That takes mad skilzzzz....

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think it's hard to convince your wife you need a Viper?
Try to convince her why one person need's a second one....:omg:
That takes mad skilzzzz....

Which, obviously, you have Jon...you are such a gracious charmer, I can't see anyone disagreeing with you!~~~juli

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just do it. My wife lately is against me purchasing another viper. She says i have 2 cars now that i don't drive (96 GTS & 05 FGT, along w/ CC & Speed World Challange RHD Neon & another Race Car on the way). I explain to her that i am purchasing now because they are "On Sale" at this time. She didn't talk to me for a month unless it was about the kids....So what was i suppose to do? I purchased a 06 VOI 9 edition (she didn't know about this until Gary Almond Delivered), Ordered an 08 ACR, purchasing an Elliot/Mayfield - Evernham NASCAR vintage 2006 Dodge Charger, 1966 Dodge A100 Pickup and a 70' Houseboat for when i get divorced, at least i'll have a place to live. Of course these items are placed in my fathers name & willed to me....

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just do it. My wife lately is against me purchasing another viper. She says i have 2 cars now that i don't drive (96 GTS & 05 FGT, along w/ CC & Speed World Challange RHD Neon & another Race Car on the way). I explain to her that i am purchasing now because they are "On Sale" at this time. She didn't talk to me for a month unless it was about the kids....So what was i suppose to do? I purchased a 06 VOI 9 edition (she didn't know about this until Gary Almond Delivered), Ordered an 08 ACR, purchasing an Elliot/Mayfield - Evernham NASCAR vintage 2006 Dodge Charger, 1966 Dodge A100 Pickup and a 70' Houseboat for when i get divorced, at least i'll have a place to live. Of course these items are placed in my fathers name & willed to me....

Frank you are getting a nice collection of cars! Do you still have the VOI edition? Beautiful car! How come you don't drive the GT more, that is an awesome ride to.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My kids fight over who is going to go for a ride so they have to take turns....The first week i had my o3 my then 5 year old daughter came downstairs for breakfast on saturday and said... DAD if u go out in the snake today can i go with u?...i had never called it the snake before...The wife likes going for rides as well so the whole family enjoys the convertible..... to make sure she is happy she has a ful size suv with dvd, blue tooth etc....
103.JPG
Sometimes u have to keep her happy to get what u want..

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
divorce

no guy would tell me what I can and can't buy, especially when it comes to my cars

I got lucky and found a guy that loves them:)
I was wondering why you quit pm'ing me you must have found someone close by! :rolaugh:

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife bought a srt-10 vert had mods done and delivered it to me as a suprise September 5 2006 and no it was not a birthday or special occasion.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well actually I stopped pm'ing you back when I met someone very special over a yr ago, but he wasn't close by either:lmao:

Leslie, glad you also have someone in your life who shares YOUR passions~~We rock, girl! (Hey, be sure to check out the beefcake thread...there's SOME fun there!!!) ~juli