Will a gen 2 GTS fit in my garage

jimmy8541

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I searched on google and could not come up with ang dimensions for a GTS. I just bought a new house with a 3 car garage. I would like to know if a GTS would fit in the third stall. I forgot my tape measure last time I was at the house. I pace it off with my feet: the door is about 9 ft wide and the stall is about 18 ft long give or take. The whole garage is 600sq ft. Im selling my old house this summer and start looking for my GTS in the fall!

OP
OP
J

jimmy8541

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the dimentions Length is 14'7". Width is 6'7". Now just need someone with a simular sized garage to see if it fits with room to open the doors etc.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon you need a couple of extra feet on the width, to enable the door to open enough to squeeze out

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one of my garages is about that size and i got no problem getting my fat *** and size 13 shoe out of my GTS

the shoes make it tougher to get my long legs out. but i can do it. and the door is about 3/4 the way open

im 6'-3,255 pounds

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 9 ft door is larger than the more standard 8 ft. And the length seems a little short by 2 ft or so. But in general the dimensions do not seem out of whack. The area I park in is close to that as I have cabinets on the side only 6 inches beyond my lift legs. I generally back in and open the door to the open side. This is done as my splitter does not clear the lift when going forward. So you have that option to ease ingress/egress.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
another alternative is to pull car in then cut at an angle. I realize you dont have a bunch of length, but a sharp cut will give you room to open the door.

OP
OP
J

jimmy8541

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sure it will fit. I was hoping someone with a standard 3 car garage could post a pic of their Viper in the third stall. Im going to have both my cars and my wife's car in there I want to make sure I dont have to worry about my wife hitting the viper with her door. Im just looking to get an idea how tight it is going to be. Thanks guys.

OP
OP
J

jimmy8541

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 9 ft door is larger than the more standard 8 ft. And the length seems a little short by 2 ft or so. But in general the dimensions do not seem out of whack. The area I park in is close to that as I have cabinets on the side only 6 inches beyond my lift legs. I generally back in and open the door to the open side. This is done as my splitter does not clear the lift when going forward. So you have that option to ease ingress/egress.

If a standard door is 8 ft then Im sure its 8 ft. I paced it and guessed with my feet

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are some older pics I had in my gallery. It is too cold to take one from the front and open the door (11 degrees at the moment!).

this is a fairly standard 3 car, I believe it is 35 x 22

498100_1539-med.jpg

498100_1830-med.JPG

498Car2-med.jpg

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GR8, that is a nice looking setup. nice to see the decor. I was also going to mount my old facia to the wall, but changed mind. like the floor and the 1/18th scale on display. COOL..

jimmy,
I have my wife park on the third bay (9 ft door). then I have roadrunner and viper in 1/2 with the big door. pull all cars in forward, but cut the viper on an angle.
P.S. where in FL?

OP
OP
J

jimmy8541

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GR8, that is a nice looking setup. nice to see the decor. I was also going to mount my old facia to the wall, but changed mind. like the floor and the 1/18th scale on display. COOL..

jimmy,
I have my wife park on the third bay (9 ft door). then I have roadrunner and viper in 1/2 with the big door. pull all cars in forward, but cut the viper on an angle.
P.S. where in FL?

I live in Miami right now and just bought a new house in Port St Lucie I close on Mar 22. I will be selling my townhouse in Miami an using a little of the equity to pay for my GTS in the fall/winter. :2tu:

Josh M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sure it will fit. I was hoping someone with a standard 3 car garage could post a pic of their Viper in the third stall. Im going to have both my cars and my wife's car in there I want to make sure I dont have to worry about my wife hitting the viper with her door. Im just looking to get an idea how tight it is going to be. Thanks guys.

Here is a picture of my friend's garage, his is a standard 3 car garage so I hope that was what you were looking for :)

You must be registered for see images