Will I notice any diffirence?

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This winters mods included installing a 3" Corsa Exhaust, RT Cats, K&N filters, new plugs and Quality wires. My 8,000 mile creampuff already had smooth tubes. Other than sound what changes can I expect?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I presume the cats are high flow? They should drop your side sills and cabin temp a bit. Other than expecting the bill, I doubt you'll actually notice much else. No doubt it will FEEL faster :D.... but I'd argue that you'd be hard pressed to actually feel a 10-20 HP increase on a 450 HP car.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I presume the cats are high flow? They should drop your side sills and cabin temp a bit. Other than expecting the bill, I doubt you'll actually notice much else. No doubt it will FEEL faster :D.... but I'd argue that you'd be hard pressed to actually feel a 10-20 HP increase on a 450 HP car.

Now if he added a Vipair, that would be another story....

about 47 pages worth to be exact, LOL

OP
OP
H

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score

That's what I was thinking, and yes the car was plenty fast before, now it sounds the part - thanks.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can emphatically say that you would indeed feel the HP/TQ gains of the above mods, ASSuming the Viper was driven before and then right after making them. With the Winter off-season in between, your SOTP Accelerometer will be hard-pressed to notice. I can usually 'feel' the crisp throtle response of new plugs!

The sills will be 125f cooler rear, 150f cooler front.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can emphatically say that you would indeed feel the HP/TQ gains of the above mods, ASSuming the Viper was driven before and then right after making them. With the Winter off-season in between, your SOTP Accelerometer will be hard-pressed to notice. .....
The sills will be 125f cooler rear, 150f cooler front.

what JonB, et al. said plus fun to drive factor will get a big boost as your right foot can make your baby sing
:drive:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can do a before/after dyno run. I would get a tune done as well. Dan at ViperSpecialty sells the SCT tuner and custom tunes.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 99 rt10

all on the same dyno

stock...410 rwhp

smooth tubes and kn filters and no cats...428 rwhp

roller rockers....440 rwhp

From your new exhaust/high flow cats and KN filters I would think you picked up 15-20 rwhp...Lets just say 20 rwhp..

20 rwhp dosent sound like a lot but lets just assume you had 400 rwhp before these new mods...

20 rwhp means your car is now 5% stronger than she was..You'll notice 5%

OP
OP
H

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool, thanks guys. I wish I would have dyno'd it before I started for a base line. I'm going to make sure I get it dyno tuned this spring.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No

Creampuffs dont pick up power from Corsa exhausts, actually no gen 2 viper does. If you did a nice set of headers and no cats you could be around 420rwhp. Unfortunately with your mods all you will notice is sound.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No

Creampuffs dont pick up power from Corsa exhausts, actually no gen 2 viper does. If you did a nice set of headers and no cats you could be around 420rwhp. Unfortunately with your mods all you will notice is sound.

You initially say NO to Creampuff gains...then go on to say the entire Gen II fleet is immune to HP/TQ gains from a Corsa? Tested a bazillion times since 1997.

Dang, my # 1 seller is gonna have to go on sale to hope to ever sell any more!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not here to argue with you Jon, just answering the guys question. Have seen enough Corsa's on the dyno to know they don't pick up any power. One So Cal dyno day we over layed 6 or 7 viper dyno pulls some stock some had corsa's power curve and power output was identical on all.

It may be your best seller, but its not because it makes good power. Its because corsa's #1 concern is sound (drone mainly) not making power. So back to my original post if you want more power headers and no cats is a must. Hi flow cats will work but obviously no where near as good as no cats.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it will definitely make you happier with the new sound.

Why are you going with a high flow cat in MI?

Nick

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should have phrased it differently; why did you go with high flow cats vs. catless in MI?

Nick

OP
OP
H

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now I gottcha, you're right I probably should have gone catless. I guess I didn't want to deal with O2 sensors etc.

Who knows Jenny will probably tax "catless cars" next.

Reaction score
Catless smells not so great too. One of my better mods was putting cats back on. When you think about sound think about the smell too. Sit at a stop light with the windows down and you will know what I mean.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RUSS M

I would have respectfully disagree with you.

These are all bone stock srt10 Viper dyno numbers

The ones in bold black were done on the same dyno on the same day...

They are in the order that I found them on Viper alley and then VCA......

-Import Image...456/518

-FiskeGTS..........455/481 STD

-Tito..................468/493

-Kansas............452/503 SAE

-ViperSRT..........445/480

-Vmotorsports...430/455

-Cory.................459/484

-Larry................447/476

-Tim Sutherland.455/484 SAE

-Dan sutherland.441/472 SAE

-Anthony Boutt..441/457 SAE

-Mike and Julie...425???

-Joseph Dell customer...452/490 SAE

-Ooomph............449/489

-ViperX...............450/490

-Viperbilliam.......425/480

-Bandit118th.....451/492

-Valantine Viper.442/482

-BlackSRTCoupe.457/481 SAE

-Ulllose..............438??? SAE

-BobK................434/465

-GR8ASP...........445???

-1TONY1...........437/482

-Fadi.................437/475

-ViperNM..........430/475

-Y2K5SRT.........464/504

-VNMOUS.........434???

-SRT10DYNODAY...........459

-KaiSRT10...........439/470

-Viper Ruselli......433/468

-PMBNY..............437/504

-DSR207............423???

-SRT10LEN........420/510

-DawgZsnake...437/466 SAE

-Cajun Viper.....447/490

-John Myrick.....445/483

-Frank03SR......440/487

-SirFang...........418???

If it dosent say SAE or STD then the info was not available...

if you look at the bold 100% stock srt10's that all dynoed on the same day it is very obvious that no two engines are exactly alike..the only way to truly confirm is to dyno stock 3 runs then take the exhaust off and put on the corsa and then dyno 3 runs...as well youd have to check the engine temp on the initial run to make sure they are both in the 180 degree range (good 45 minutes of kool down) to make sure it's a level playing field

Not saying who right or wrong. But to say a modification makes no power based on a few vipers some stock and some with corsa testing is flawed

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met you at Bakers Hemi Head, I had the '01 Bumblebee ACR there last summer. 3 inch Borla exhaust on my car slowed it down at the strip so I sold the exhaust. I did manage over 123 mph with other easy mods though. (11.80 best)

Last edited:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met you at Bakers Hemi Head, I had the '01 Bumblebee ACR there last summer. 3 inch Borla exhaust on my car slowed it down at the strip so I sold the exhaust. I did manage over 123 mph with other easy mods though.
I had purchased the RT cats and Corsa. All I noticed is it was way loud. NOT any faster. As a matter of fact I thought it felt like it lost power. I lost the cats kept the Corsa. Now I can hear in the car. It seems to run better with some back pressure. IMO

OP
OP
H

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I met you at Bakers Hemi Head, I had the '01 Bumblebee ACR there last summer. 3 inch Borla exhaust on my car slowed it down at the strip so I sold the exhaust. I did manage over 123 mph with other easy mods though. (11.80 best)

Weren't you selling you car and moving to an exotic location out of the country? I think you had a buyer at the time.

OP
OP
H

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had purchased the RT cats and Corsa. All I noticed is it was way loud. NOT any faster. As a matter of fact I thought it felt like it lost power. I lost the cats kept the Corsa. Now I can hear in the car. It seems to run better with some back pressure. IMO

Canyon,
Are you getting much smoke in the car?

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Better exhaust kills performance????? Better tell that to all the guys racing. Put a Corsa with RT cats and I feel more. Going to hit the Dyno in a few weeks and we'll see. Find it hard to believe it won't add some power! "IMO" My buddy has an 2007 Vette with Borla and I pull away from him better now than I used to before I had the Corsa. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235