Reaction score
Will \"Overwaxing you car\" hurt?

Can waxing your car too often hurt it?

Mike

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Will

Mike---here's an answer to your question. (The others are funny though)

It all depends on the product you are using. A good, non-abrasive wax-polish is the key. To avoid flames here, I'll just say that on the Viper so far, I have used the "Z" polish. This will build up, and while I doubt it would hurt anything, you may get issues with is getting cobwebbing or the like in the polish, but not in the paint.

Some other products will not "build". A previous application will be removed by the new one, leaving you wtih just one coat.

Obviously, using something abrasive will cut down the paint each time and eventually you could go through. It would have to be really abrasive as well as applied an awful lot.

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Waxing off by myself is not as much fun as it used to be. My wife won't wax off with me though because it makes her arm tired, and I am not about to let another guy wax off with me... So I guess I can wax off by myself and just not enjoy it. Lately I have been sloppy in waxing off, but at least it has taken less time.

Thanks for the answers.

Mike

GENIIGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When I used to use the "Z" products, multiple coat's would make my black paint cloudy looking and not very clear.I switched to the 3M products and there is no need for MULTIPLE coat's.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

After waxing off for years your arm should be built up by now. Switch arms its completely different. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang