Will the gen V have enough to keep the new c7 in 2nd place?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if chevy doesn't increase power they may go for significant lightening in the upper models as in an all aluminum frame and lighter panels. GTS Bruce

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The C7 supercar obviously not the base C7 will indeed out perform the viper. Reason being. GM will wait 1-2 years to realease the Z06 or ZR1 or whatever they will call it after the 2014 base model is released. Which in turn gives them time to spec the car right to do the job. They will both be awesome cars which perform nearly the same. Between the two it comes down to the driver as it does with the current cars. I don't know anyone who bought the Viper because it did the ring in .XX tenths faster than the ZR1. Nor do I know anyone who bought the ZR1 because it was .XX tenths faster in the 1/4 mile or X mph faster top end. We buy the cars because of the look the feel and the excitement we get driving them, be it the Viper or the ZR1.

Kaneda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chevy is already back peddling after jalopnik leaked the new Vette. They keep saying its an evolution, not revolution. The Vette bores me because they make too many and they all look the same. I like the last year all black anniversary editions, but 100k for a z06 is asinine.

drl650

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I being a C6 owner Z06,ZR1 and Current Highly Modified GS. I agree with you GONABITE.The new top dog C7 will also be a beast.Also from reading the Corvette Forum I see several guys over there looking to buy the new Viper me included. I think this new Viper will be an amazing upgrade all around. Also the new rear pics of the C7 looks horrible.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id expect the 2016 zr1 to beat the 2013 viper. But who cares. Its 2012

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang