Will the similarity between the Gen 4 and 5 motors lead to the code being cracked?

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just curious if the motors had enough in common to justify the aftermarket putting the R&D into cracking the code for these motors? In my opinion there wasn't enough demand to really justify it for the 4, but if a whole new generation of cars could benefit from it, they might pull the trigger.

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Will the similarity between the Gen 4 and 5 motors lead to the code being cracked

SRT will provide the aftermarket modifications (the ones that count) and probably slap a warranty on it if installed by a certified Viper Tech. Just my guess.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Will the similarity between the Gen 4 and 5 motors lead to the code being cracked

With the advent of Federally mandated Black Boxes I suspect there will be little demand for cracking the code.

Most people that want to modify their engines for additional performance also want to be able to change it back in case they want to get warrany work covered.

They pump the engine, but if something breakes, they still want to be covered.

Until warranty runs out, do not expect too many to take the chances of expensive, non warranty repairs.

Predict the best ways for additional performance will be with headers, heads, intakes and exhaust that are still pretty warranty friendy.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paul, if your statements were true, then there wouldn't be people modifying brand new (insert brand/make/model) here. There are always people willing to modify cars, despite warranty loss. I'm one of them. There are guys putting 1,000 hp twin-turbo systems on brand new Lambos and Ferraris, so even the low production expensive cars have these customers too.

Reaction score

We probably modify 75% of all the new cars that we sell so yes people are willing to for go warranty concerns for a car that they want to enjoy and may never put 10K miles on in its lifetime. Why wait if it is a toy, have it your way and really enjoy what can be done to increase the power and handling. The GenV will be the same way for sure, people always want more of a great thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang