Will this thing work or is it full of turds...

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.myauto.tv/tfs/

I guess I would just stick it in my intake tubes. It will make the air spin like a tornado. It says you will get more HP and gas as a result. Is this just a really good marketted product, or will it work?

Thanks guys smarter than me.
Mike

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think if you did a search someone actually put that piece of junk on and dyno tested it. Nothing!!!!!!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't open the link - but it sounds like you are talking about a Tornado or some passive air swirling device like it.

If it is not passive - as in it spins - it is a joke.

If it is passive - some swirl devices can help some cars IF the current air passing the airflow/MAP sensor is not ideal. This is often the case when a factory air box is removed and an open pod filter fitted - it completely changes the airflow direction and pattern and this can affect MAP sensor readings.

I had this problem on a turbo car - it ran too lean to safely run high boost. For a joke I fitted a siwrl unit before the throttle body because a tuner had them and said I should try it. It straightened the air and gave much better readings - which richened the mix up considerably and that enabled me to run another 4lb boost on same timing.

In other words - an air swirler can cometimes correct a problem - but it will not ADD 1hp to a well set up engine that is already getting correct MAP sensor readings.

I'd be surprised to see any gain in a stock car as the factory would want shooting if they allowed partial airflow to pass the MAP sensor and give false readings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang