Willow Springs This Saturday

BANKTHIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone going to Willow Springs on Saturday, It's Pantera Owners Group. Last time I went for P.O.G. there were at least 5 Vipers.

Barry

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a great group! Great racing on Saturday. Wish I could be there. I will be at the kart track on Sunday. Dearing may be there, not sure. Those Pantaras need a good spanking!

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be there Sat & Sun. (97 Blue GTS #11) Joe Bregante (01 Sapphire RT/10) from Danville is coming down as well as Ron So Cal Rebell (00 Black RT/10). I also think Ken Haney (94 Red RT/10) is coming. Should be a great time.
smile.gif

-Jonathan

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry, I'll be there as well as Ken Haney (IMSOSLO), Joe Bregante (Joeb01) and Jonathan Martinez (REDSLED), we'll be pitting between the Hartman garage and the snack bar, make sure you pit with us. What group are you running in?

Adelberg, it'll be good to see ya again, I wish they allowed ride alongs so I could benifit from yours and Dearing's input (which usually is "GO FASTER, GO FASTER"
laugh.gif
)

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, what group are you running in? They could only fit me in the "Blue" group. That's a big jump from the last track event.
-Jonathan

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in RED group, I believe Ken and Joe are also which is great, gives me a couple of more to give a royal beatdown to
laugh.gif

Don't worry blue group is perfect for you, you'll be fine.

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to be there What day is the race going to be on ??? is it Sat or Sun?? I will like to join the race group but nothing on there web site tells me what day it is....

Any help Here????

Thanks

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:
You west coast weenies ****. Started snowing here and I'm SOL till April.
dead.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wah, wah, boohoo, boohoo why do you think I left NY Alan, here's my track schedule the next 6 weeks:

Willow Springs 11/2 & 3
Buttonwillow 11/9,10,15,16,17,30 & Dec. 1
Willow Springs Dec. 12th (my first wheel to wheel race)

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
Wah, wah, boohoo, boohoo why do you think I left NY Alan, here's my track schedule the next 6 weeks:

Willow Springs 11/2 & 3
Buttonwillow 11/9,10,15,16,17,30 & Dec. 1
Willow Springs Dec. 12th (my first wheel to wheel race)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish I had the time to do that. I want your job... no really, I want your job. Send me some soup.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by picflight:
What time are the events? Can spectators come and watch?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

all day starting at around 8 or 9 am up until probably 4 or 5 pm.. and yes, spectators are welcome.. theres a 10 dollar entry fee to get into the paddock.. well worth it.. too bad they dont allow ride alongs.. if you have never hung out with these characters before, definitely make the trip.. a very classy bunch of guys..

i'm going to miss this event too unfortunately, but will definitely be at the next event at buttonwillow.. only spectating, as usual..

ron,

whats happening at buttonwillow on the 9th? that just so happens to be the greatest day ever, which also just happens to be the day of my 25th birthday..

jonathan aka "the rookie",

every time you strap yourself in with the 5 points think of me!!
laugh.gif

- eddie -

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I gotta go to work today, so I don't wanna hear anymore about what a great time you had at the track.

"It was fun!" this, and

"It was great!" that!

My biggest customer needs my time and input, so don't anybody think I wouldn't be there if I could.

I like Willow Springs! "She" beckons me to go faster with her seductive siren voice-

&lt;excerpt&gt;
"Step on the gas harder, Vic, harder, HARDER, oooh, thats it, now keep it going, big boy, you're doing fine, now hold that angle, Mmmmm, you're so good, don't stop!"
&lt;End&gt;

bounce.gif

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Vic your exerpt sound like one of the scripts from Ron's movies
smile.gif
Or was that when PMUM had you turning a 1:38! I was close but couldn't match that time.this weekend. That is a great time for us newbies on street tires. Well done!
-Jonathan

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was great as usual. For our friends in the Northeast....it was 75 and sunny both days. Sure beats the 113 day we had this summer.

Bad news for the day was a new (13,000 miles) Carrera 4 rolled between turns 2 and 3. It was ugly but I don't believe the driver was hurt.

Viper: $45,000
Track weekend: $175
Brake pads, tires, new paint (don't ask): $700
Hanging with buddies and talking @#$% all weekend: Priceless

Ken

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget to mention John "Speed Racer" Dearing borrowed a set of Hoosiers from JoeB01 and came in second in the race to a full blown 750 hp race Porsche. I also clocked him at a personal best lap of 1:27.9, not bad for a stock Viper.

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pantera Club,
Fun group too run with--Very Safety conscience. Sorry for the 2 cars totalled this weekend. As John Wurth (SpeedVentures) said " willow springs is not a good beginners track. Both cars were in the Green group.

Oh well on to the positive stuff. I shaved 3 seconds off my last time, I'm down to a 1:37 and really not pushing, but right on So Cal's but. Keep lookin in that mirror I gonna be there soon at WSIR. Our Newbie Jonathan AKA Redsled (gotta change to Blue Sled) was runnin great this weekend. Too bad I couldn't go out with him. I could have got him at least 4 seconds faster. Ken Haney--What can I say but GEN 1 at its best.

And then there's
hail[1].gif
hail[1].gif
John Dearing, Fr*cking Amazing. Watching him in the race was the high lite of the weekend. Second place with all race preped cars and his stock Viper with Hoosiers coming in second to a Porsche that was a ringer, that was great. Watching him slide the rear of his Viper around turn 4 was simply amazing, he was less that a foot behind the Vette with 650 hp and setup suspension. Turning around 1:27 a new personel best. What a great weekend.
Barry good to meet you and get to the track.

Joe B

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like i missed out, again...

at what point does jonathan shed his "newbie" status? isnt this like his 5th event?
smile.gif

- eddie -

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by REDSLED:
Hey Vic your exerpt sound like one of the scripts from Ron's movies
smile.gif
Or was that when PMUM had you turning a 1:38! I was close but couldn't match that time.this weekend. That is a great time for us newbies on street tires. Well done!
-Jonathan

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That excerpt from the voices in my head was actually fictious, just for your enjoyment. Yes, it was definitely formulated to sound like a *** movie script. H*ll, I could write that stuff! Everybody's got their own story....

When I went out with PMUM, the main thing that really struck me was that he kept gesturing with his right foot, repeatedly stomping the floor as if pushing an accelerator pedal.
laugh.gif

This shows how slow I go! Not enough balls, I guess. But thats where the fun comes in, edging up in speed a little at a time. I think thats best, instead of trying to make giant improvements in a hurry. The fastest drivers have been around a while, or had some kind of track exposure before doing well.

Sounds like you're doing fine, Jonathan. Have fun, stay safe, and keep it between the curbs. I'm sure by the time I get back to the track, you will have bested my time, and more.

Do a lap for me, while I'm working my **** off.
smile.gif

-Vic

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IMSOSLO:
Bad news for the day was a new (13,000 miles) Carrera 4 rolled between turns 2 and 3.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YIKES!
eek.gif
That's where I went off with Ken A. in the passenger seat!!! I was lucky to get off with some scratches. I feel bad for the unfortunate Porsche owner
frown.gif

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IMSOSLO:
new paint (don't ask): $700<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you put more scratches on Sandy's car? Ken, it's a Viper not a tractor
wink.gif

Glad to see you guys had fun... sorry I missed it. See some of you at Buttonwillow.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Craig:
Did you put more scratches on Sandy's car? Ken, it's a Viper not a tractor
wink.gif

Glad to see you guys had fun... sorry I missed it. See some of you at Buttonwillow.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know those old Gen 1s, things always falling off. The bracket that held up the exhaust pipe inside the side sill broke off, This make a 1" hole in the exhaust pipe itself so when he went out on the track the hot gases blowing out onto the inside of the side sill and basiclly baked it, the front of his red side sill was totally black when he came off track.

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Ron failed to mention is that I pulled the smoking side sill off tailered the car to a muffler shop got it welded back together. Quick trip back to the track, side sill back on just as they were calling my run group again. Didn't even miss a session.
laugh.gif

You have to love running at the track.

Ken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235