Window regulator tension

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to replace the white clip on my window regulator as it snapped in two, but now I'm having trouble getting getting tension in the wires that allow the regulator to move up and down. I can hear the motor working , but no tension. Any suggestions? I'm getting very frustrated at this point and I'm about ready to throw in the towel but the nearest Viper friendly dealer is about 2 hours away.
frown.gif

axe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old post, but I replaced the white clip, too and am having this problem with getting tension in the wires. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
R

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, this is an old post. Actually, I found out that you have to replace the whole assembly. I found one used through Jon B. It's a pain in the rear.

silverten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
Do you have the old motor and a new white clip? I can rebuild these motors. I rebuilt mine. If you are interested let me know or I would be interested in your old motor. Thanks

Chris Moore

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My pass side window stopped working, the motor seems fine but the cables the pull it up and down arent working.... the black clip that holds the cables to the rear window channel is broken........anyone know where i can get these?
Anyone have a factory service manual that has a layout of how the window cables are supposed to run and connect?

silverten, how much do you charge to rebuld one of these motors??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave