Won't stay running...

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a pcm for the 94. It ran two days and now the anti thief system will not let the car run. The viper tech has done every thing but it will not stay running. Any thoughts?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I don't know enough about the 94 to even hazard a guess, but I will

Does the 94 have an ASD relay?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If it is only the alarm system, that is easy to "reset"...though many of today's techs have no such experience...including the folks at tech connect.That said, not much info has been offered...so, hard to guess. These things take dialog instead of typing one liners.

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to remember a "green" wire under the drivers foot carpet area that needs to be grounded to reset the alarm system?

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not exactly...that is for a different purpose.

I think it's used to program the remotes but I also thought it reset the alarm when it was preventing the engine from running.

I remember one year at Mopar Nats a few guys working on a Gen I car for hours trying to get it to run. They all assumed it was wiring or security system related. It would start for a second or two and die. I asked them if it had fuel pressure, it didn't and I had them ask a Chrysler Tech they had on the phone where the fuel pump relay was. It was in the trunk area as I recall. I had them plug and unplug the relay and it started! Chrysler relays are notorious for corroding in the sockets, I carry extras in most of my vehicles and in a pinch have switched with relays I don't need at that time, as many are the same under the hood.

The fact that the *** car ran for a couple days and now doesn't may be completely unrelated to the alarm and I would hope the tech checked the fuel system. Some alarms shut off the ignition, some the starter and some the fuel. There are also other things that kill the fuel delivery, bad fuel pump, fuel filter and oil pressure switch come to mind.

Check all the relays under the hood by pulling them in and out, it's possible the ASD relay or ignition relay are not working, swap the like ones around to "test" them.

Last edited:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Ryan,
Have you tried calling Dan Cragin, or Woodhouse?. Or how about Morgan at Tomball?. I know I've read about this happening before to someone, but for the life of my I can't remember the specifics.

ConstableBrown

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just recently purchased a 95 that did the same thing. I purchased it from an individual that had no idea how to operate the remote, alarm system, digital proximity device.....nothing. I drove it from NY to PA without any issues. I put on the **** pit cover the other day and when I came out the "ALARM SET" light was flashing and the battery was dead. I charged the battery and the engine will do nothing. The fob which seemed to work prior to this now does nothing, even with new batteries. I am going to disconnect the battery as stated in other threads but I wanted to know about the 2 step procedure that would clear the alarm module and see if that would help?? I live in Carlisle, PA and the spring car show is this weekend and would like to go cruisin' with some of the out of town rides that come to visit........please help!! thanks!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Feel free to call me...and, after you convince me you own the car and are not "up to no good" (since you have no history here), we can try the alarm "fix". 317
-402-9013. By the way, you're going to have a blast in this new beast !!

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vouch for Steve, he's a rare breed.
Ready to get on the phone and take you through any issue step by step.... just cause he cares. Literally!

I just got back from holiday.. so I'm gonna give him a call to finish off an issue he's been helping me out with.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R