woodhouse dodge - Bill Pemberton

madhu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a note about Bill Pemberton and Woodhouse Dodge.

I had (very informally) began looking for a viper and had been searching the viper boards when I saw Bill's post on a 2000 Steel Gray GTS.

I called him this Saturday and we talked at length about various things (vipers, cars, travel, etc.) After hearing the car was in fairly high demand (due to Bill's more than reasonable price), I called him back within the hour and told him that I would buy it sight unseen (as well as without pictures).

Little did I know what that meant. By Monday morning, the viper was on the trailer heading to Denver and by Monday night around 11pm - in front of my door.

Bill was modest in his description - for a viper with fairly high mileage - the car is in excellent condition.

Plus he sold me a 5yr/50k full warranty to boot!

Jack Myers - the driver - was friendly, courteous, and careful to a fault. I realized he must deal with viper owners when he took of his shoes, coat, and belt to enter the viper to back it off the trailer so he wouldn't scratch it :)

In 48 hours, I had bought a viper and had it delivered to my front door. The price for transport and the price for the viper was more than reasonable in my opinion.

Bill and Woodhouse Dodge made buying this car the easiest and most painless transaction I have ever encountered. I've had more trouble buying furniture than buying this car :)

Many kudos to Bill for his customer service and love for vipers. He has made a friend for life and his sincerity and passion for vipers makes him a joy to deal with.

In case you can't tell - I highly recommend Woodhouse Dodge and Bill Pemberton to anyone looking to purchase a viper.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congrats on the Viper! I'm in your position too right now...quick question: Have you test drove a Viper before? I haven't even sat in one yet and I'm nervous as hell to try and drive one.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill's well know among all of us a being first class! Nice to see some things never change.

Saint Spinner....what HAVE you driven? Most of us can still remember our first test drive. Maybe we can give you some comfort.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bought mine like that from bill as well. jack is a great guy. he picked me up at the airport when i got into nebraska.

only difference is i drove mine home to NJ from there. got to meet bill AND mr Woodhouse who was a great guy too.

if i end up buying another DC product its either from bill P. or tator dodge ONLY.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually owning the car becomes almost anticlimatic after the thrill of the deal and delivery from Woodhouse.

First, there is the excitement of cutting the deal, then the great anticipation of it being delivered ("gee, I wonder how far away the driver is"?) It is like waiting outside the hospital delivery room. Then the actual delivery , sometimes in the dead of night--a knock on the door, -a trip to the truck-- watching her roll out the back door, the paperwork. All so much more fun than going to my Dodge dealer up the street, and listening to a rath of [******] of how hard these cars are to get and why they need to be marked up.My friends shake their heads when I tell them I buy my Vipers in Nebraska--they just don't understand...............

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bill's well know among all of us a being first class! Nice to see some things never change.

Saint Spinner....what HAVE you driven? Most of us can still remember our first test drive. Maybe we can give you some comfort.

Citysnake, I've owned a few sports cars: Twin Turbo Rx-7 (not stock :D :headbang: ), S2000 and currently an NSX. As you can see, I'm a little nervous about the Viper (all that torque!!). This is probably one of the few production cars that really scare me (not counting the TVR) after hearing all the stories and reading the reviews.

Its more of a nervous/anticipation type feeling...kinda like bungee jumping or skydiving..scary, but you know you want to do it. :D

I can't wait to test drive one, yet alone sit in one.

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you at? Maybe there's a forum member near that'll at least give you a ride...

I drove one for the first time two weeks ago. Purchased one last week. The torque is a whole lot of fun but some people talk it up so much that I was actually expecting a little bit more. ;) Don't get me wrong, it could really get an uneducated guy into a whole lot of trouble really fast, especially if it's still got stocker tires on it (people are nuts, half the 96's and 97's that I looked at still had original tires on them). I think you'll be fine. Just ease into it you know, get to know it before you put the pedal all the way down, especially in first or second.

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was a great price on that Viper....had it been a 1998/1999....it would've been too tempting for me to pass up :)

Glad to hear everything turned out well, and enjoy your new Viper!

Cal

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been there done that...4 times with Bill and the gang. Its like Christmas everytime. where in denver area are you. The Colorado portion of the CO/UT chapter gets together quite a bit. I'm in the Lakewood/Castle Rock area and cant wait for another group dyno day and some Bandimere time in my supercharged Ram.

If you need any info about the chapter let me/us know!!
Congrats on the ride!!

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where are you at? Maybe there's a forum member near that'll at least give you a ride...

I drove one for the first time two weeks ago. Purchased one last week. The torque is a whole lot of fun but some people talk it up so much that I was actually expecting a little bit more. ;) Don't get me wrong, it could really get an uneducated guy into a whole lot of trouble really fast, especially if it's still got stocker tires on it (people are nuts, half the 96's and 97's that I looked at still had original tires on them). I think you'll be fine. Just ease into it you know, get to know it before you put the pedal all the way down, especially in first or second.

That's good to hear. I never push any car to its limits if I'm still new to it...especially on the streets. Plus, I figure, if a bunch of non-car type celebreties are driving them without getting themselves killed, I should be more than able to handle one (as long as I don't test my skills too early).

I live in the L.A. area. I'm pretty sure that there are a bunch of Viper guys around here, but I just don't want to bug anyone about getting a ride. :D But if anyone in SoCal is willing to let me take a look, I won't say "no". :cool:

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill brought mine to Houston, the anticipation was almost as good as seeing her back out of the trailer. He has a great reputation here, no [******]. Good luck with her!

Andy

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I only wish they would put a ball park price on their website...are their prices higher or lower than other used viper dealers?

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is I got a great deal for my '94 with Bill and he put me at ease when I was buying a car sight unseen for the first time. He described minor scrapes that I can't even see. Between Bill and Chuck Tator, I never felt in better hands. They'll have my business for a long time to come.

~Craig

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a note about Bill Pemberton and Woodhouse Dodge.

I had (very informally) began looking for a viper and had been searching the viper boards when I saw Bill's post on a 2000 Steel Gray GTS.

I called him this Saturday and we talked at length about various things (vipers, cars, travel, etc.) After hearing the car was in fairly high demand (due to Bill's more than reasonable price), I called him back within the hour and told him that I would buy it sight unseen (as well as without pictures).

Little did I know what that meant. By Monday morning, the viper was on the trailer heading to Denver and by Monday night around 11pm - in front of my door.

Bill was modest in his description - for a viper with fairly high mileage - the car is in excellent condition.

Plus he sold me a 5yr/50k full warranty to boot!

Jack Myers - the driver - was friendly, courteous, and careful to a fault. I realized he must deal with viper owners when he took of his shoes, coat, and belt to enter the viper to back it off the trailer so he wouldn't scratch it :)

In 48 hours, I had bought a viper and had it delivered to my front door. The price for transport and the price for the viper was more than reasonable in my opinion.

Bill and Woodhouse Dodge made buying this car the easiest and most painless transaction I have ever encountered. I've had more trouble buying furniture than buying this car :)

Many kudos to Bill for his customer service and love for vipers. He has made a friend for life and his sincerity and passion for vipers makes him a joy to deal with.

In case you can't tell - I highly recommend Woodhouse Dodge and Bill Pemberton to anyone looking to purchase a viper.

DITTO...I shared the same experience...Bill is TOP NOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great choice on the car, now all that's left to do is join the CO VCA. If your looking to stretch her legs, come on up here to cow-town (Greeley), I'd love to see her!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only wish they would put a ball park price on their website...are their prices higher or lower than other used viper dealers?

There are quite few others that are lower.

After 4 purchases I would disagree. If you are a BUYER and ready to go, there is NOBODY out there with a better price. There are all kinds of dealers who will throw around numbers, if you are a BUYER and ready to go what you will learn is that those dealers do not have the car in stock, have no allocation and no chance of getting the car you want.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score

There are quite few others that are lower.

After 4 purchases I would disagree. If you are a BUYER and ready to go, there is NOBODY out there with a better price. There are all kinds of dealers who will throw around numbers, if you are a BUYER and ready to go what you will learn is that those dealers do not have the car in stock, have no allocation and no chance of getting the car you want.

Thanks for the insight Lee. Now does this include USED gts's or only new cars? (price wise)..

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not bought used. But I might guess that each car should be considered individually. Woodhouse will not send out an imperfect car. That's one of the reasons their reputation is as strong as it is in terms of customers taking cars sight unseen. So they may put more money in a car checking it out mechanically and detailing to make sure it's perfect, so if it's a perfect car it's worth more. Ultimately on a used car I would be more than willing to pay more to them than an unkown dealer or private party. I would enjoy knowning that they stood behind the car. They are well known for picking the car up again if anything turns out unexpectedly and making it right. So that to me would be worth some thousands of dollars more over an unkown car.

OP
OP
M

madhu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave T (BADVENM),

I live in the Englewood area and work in the DTC area. (Relocated from New Orleans due to Katrina)

I have sat in a an RT/10 a couple of years ago but bought the car without ever driving a viper.

Still in the garage after backing it off the trailer. I owned a 700rwhp Corvette that I sold before the hurricane but I still have immense respect for the viper.

I'll wait for this weekend to have some fun with it.

Madhu

IDWIN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave T (BADVENM),

I live in the Englewood area and work in the DTC area. (Relocated from New Orleans due to Katrina)

I have sat in a an RT/10 a couple of years ago but bought the car without ever driving a viper.

Still in the garage after backing it off the trailer. I owned a 700rwhp Corvette that I sold before the hurricane but I still have immense respect for the viper.

I'll wait for this weekend to have some fun with it.

Madhu

Welcome to Colorado and to the viper community. I also am a new viper owner (about 3 weeks) and I live up Northern CO near Ft Collins area. I had a great chat with Bill P about a 00 red GTS he had. I was >< close to buying it, however I was really set on a silver / Blue stripe GTS. couple Hrs after I had spoken with Bill, I was able to close the deal with Marv and Nathan @ dodgevipersforsale.com. Although I did not buy from Bill he was still a pleasure to talk to. :2tu:

Us Coloradoans and Utah folks will have to meet up sometime soon.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Citysnake, I've owned a few sports cars: Twin Turbo Rx-7 (not stock :D :headbang: ), S2000 and currently an NSX. As you can see, I'm a little nervous about the Viper (all that torque!!). This is probably one of the few production cars that really scare me (not counting the TVR) after hearing all the stories and reading the reviews.

An NSX, very nice choice! What year?

By the way, congrats on the Viper madhu!!!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One born every minute.....

And that would mean what? Oh, I think I take your meaning, anyone who pays ANYTHING over absolutely low dollar is a fool, right? Forget quality, forget trust, just go bang on 'em till you got that absolutely last low dollar out of them right? Well, maybe you're right, that last thousand you saved might make you feel real good. Me, I would rather the other guy I was buying from kept the last thousand or so and felt that it was a FAIR deal and he was not pushed in a corner. That way when I need him again, he will take my call, and anyone who does not understand that philosophy is doomed to do one deal at a time, no callbacks ever, with no opportunity to forge a long time relationship.
And it's not just about buying cars, it applies every time you do a deal in any business.

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that would mean what? Oh, I think I take your meaning, anyone who pays ANYTHING over absolutely low dollar is a fool, right? Forget quality, forget trust, just go bang on 'em till you got that absolutely last low dollar out of them right? Well, maybe you're right, that last thousand you saved might make you feel real good. Me, I would rather the other guy I was buying from kept the last thousand or so and felt that it was a FAIR deal and he was not pushed in a corner. That way when I need him again, he will take my call, and anyone who does not understand that philosophy is doomed to do one deal at a time, no callbacks ever, with no opportunity to forge a long time relationship.
And it's not just about buying cars, it applies every time you do a deal in any business.

A thousand? Try ten. And yes, I know nothing about business relationships....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4