Woodhouse Transmission Mount

Discussion in 'Vendor Review: Woodhouse Dodge' started by Black Moon, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Black Moon

Black Moon Viper Owner

I'm sorry everyone. Bad, bad evening/ news.

2000 Black RT10 I'm sorry if I read your replies wrong. I'm pretty good at interpreting condescension. If you could go back and read your posts before you edited them I'm sure you'd smell it too.

Peace

2. Jance GTS

Jance GTS Viper Owner

Will it git a Gen 2? If so how much?

3. Black Moon

Black Moon Viper Owner

I'll have to check whether it fits or not. I'll pm you the price.
    Sal

4. LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood Enthusiast

[​IMG]

I had installed the Woodhouse mounts (engine and transmission) a few months ago and just recently added the billet crossmember...mine with a little lasering added via IPS ;)...

[​IMG]

5. Black Moon

Black Moon Viper Owner

Very nice. Do you know if the trans mount is the same for gen 2 and 3?
    Thanks

6. Black Moon

Black Moon Viper Owner

Trans mount SOLD. Thank you

7. Black Moon

Black Moon Viper Owner

Who carries the billet steering bushings?
    Thank you

8. David Pintaric

David Pintaric Viper Owner

DC Performance. $99 for the set, I think.

9. Black Moon

Black Moon Viper Owner

Thanks David. Have you installed them?

10. 2000_Black_RT10

2000_Black_RT10 Viper Owner

It's probably because of the vehicle design environment I work in, can go off like a geek spewing info, hindsight I did go back and reworded it to not appear condescending, it's not the first time that I've been accused of that, hence my sarcastic signature line. Nothing malicious intended and apology for the unintended misconception.

Best regards,
    Mike

11. my7vette

my7vette Enthusiast

Black Moon do you still have the mounts? I have a 2006 and need some. What year are the mounts for?

12. Black Moon

Black Moon Viper Owner

Sorry it's sold. From the number of PM's I've gotten, if Woodhouse lowered the price a few dollars they would sell a bunch of these:)

13. ViperTony

ViperTony Enthusiast

14. Black Moon

Black Moon Viper Owner

15. ViperTony

ViperTony Enthusiast

I purchased them and forgot to install them during my engine build. Perfect opportunity too since I have unobstructed access to get it done. I'll probably do it while I start my winter projects next month.

16. mjorgensen Woodhouse

mjorgensen Woodhouse VCA Member - West

I HAVE to clarify this!!! You DID NOT buy this from the correct WOODHOUSE. I have NEVER charged a restocking fee for ANYTHING! This whole dual Woodhouse thing is tarnishing my/our reputation so please get your FACTS straight before posting!!!

Call the "real" Woodhouse if you want the service I have been providing for the last 9 years, if you get the wrong one then do not lump me into this :mad:

Thank you,

17. Vipuronr

Vipuronr Viper Owner

Tony, they also make excellent deviled egg holders...don't ya think? That is, if you never install them!:D

18. ViperTony

ViperTony Enthusiast

LOL...those are very expensive Devil Egg holders but it would make for a great presentation. :2tu:

19. Black Moon

Black Moon Viper Owner

20. mjorgensen Woodhouse

mjorgensen Woodhouse VCA Member - West

Sorry if I was to harsh... Woodhouse Performance is not affiliated with us. It use to say at the bottom of my post to contact me directly with questions or orders. I hate online carts if I cqn actually talk to someone and get the right info and parts the first time and know who to call if there is a problem. That being said please contact me anytime 24/7 at [email protected] or 402-677-2935 cell. I hardly ever sleep! LOL

21. bluesrt

bluesrt Viper Owner

22. ILLSMOQ

ILLSMOQ Enthusiast

changing just the trans mount will do nothing for wheel hop...only shifter hop.

23. ILLSMOQ

ILLSMOQ Enthusiast

I looked for these and came up with nothing. I think they would help even more.

24. ILLSMOQ

ILLSMOQ Enthusiast

btw the transmission mount will fit gen IV f-bodies (and many other 2WD RWD GM vehicles)

I didn't know about a different company of the same name either.

25. Black Moon

Black Moon Viper Owner

26. ILLSMOQ

ILLSMOQ Enthusiast

Most of us are talking about the stuff Mark sells...you are probably buying his stuff through another vender or something else like Energy Suspensions products from this other Woodhouse place you found.

27. ILLSMOQ

ILLSMOQ Enthusiast

got a link to this Woodhouse Performance site?

28. Bob Woodhouse

Bob Woodhouse Viper Owner

The Woodhouse Performance versus Woodhouse Motorsports confusion pains me deeply and since I am the one responsible, ie the reason for the name Woodhouse and creating both of these entities I owe you all an apology. After 33 years I sold my interests in the Woodhouse Auto Family of dealerships and have been proud of the people who joined me over that time and helped create this awesome $500 million a year, 600 employee business.

Mark Jorgenson heads up the Motorsport department within that organization. When I retired four years ago, I retained the rights to Woodhouse Performance Inc. although looking back it should have been called Woodhouse Racing. That is what we do is race the hell out of Dodge Vipers, mostly in SCCA Pro, World Challenge.

Many of the products that you buy such as motor and trans mounts, ball joints, spherical bearing A arms, coolers, are developed and supplied by Woodhouse Performance. We supply the transmission mount in question here, Mark Jorgenson is one of our better wholesale accounts so regardless, you are buying direct or through him. I feel bad that what amounts to about $12 caused so much angst and issue.

Hopefully this explanation helped clear things up and I have asked Susan to provide $50 credit toward any future purchase of Woodhouse Performance products to the gentlemen that was upset with the restocking fee. Also a side note on wheel hop, if you are using adjustable shocks, you may reduce the problem by increasing rebound settings.

Go to this official Dodge web site and read my Woodhouse Pit Report racing blogs: Woodhouse Race Team Pit Report | The Woodhouse Pit Report

29. Black Moon

Black Moon Viper Owner

Thank you Bob for the explanation.
    Best regards,
    Sal
    PM sent

30. kcobean

kcobean Viper Owner

Sal, I would really encourage a "listen and learn" approach when 2000 Black RT10 posts. His background is quite impressive, so while he may have "gone a little geek" on ya in this thread, he's a valuable source of technical info. Even if you consider his posts to be OT (which in this case they are not because you are selling the object of discussion (and in the future, please place an ad....we don't allow free advertising in the forums)), he's probably dropping knowledge that will be helpful to someone.

Bob, In my opinion, you owe nobody an apology. Your contributions to the Viper Nation both on track and off are tremendous, and your clarification of the business situation is appreciated. Thank you sir!