Woodward Cruise & Michigan Viper Club

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the Michigan Viper Club have any Hotel rooms reserved for the Woodward Dream Cruise that an Out-Of-Towner VCA member can get for that weekend? (Maybe 2 rooms!) Looking at getting there on Friday the 14th, (AUG) leaving Sunday Morning 16th.

Been trying to find hotels around Birmingham but everyone seems to be booked. But I get the question "Are you part of a certain group?"

Anyway I thought if I tried early enough, something would be available since the cruise isn't until Aug 14-15th. Or maybe you guys know of something better!!

Thanks

MY600HP

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Try the Marriott Centerpoint. It's very nice and only about 1/2 mile off Woodward at Square Lake Road (mid - northern part of Woodward). The local GTO club usually has a block of rooms there but they are not having their annual show this year so there may still be rooms available. It's a bit out of the main (crazy) part of Woodward and Birmingham/Royal Oak but at least you can actually drive around there. Nice area, safe.

I don't think the Motor City Viper Club has anything organized (as far as a hotel).

Good Luck, let me know if I can help!

Here's the link to their website:

Detroit Marriott Pontiac at Centerpoint, Michigan Accommodations & MI Reservations

OP
OP
A

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My600HP :

Really appreciate the the information!! Was able to get 2 rooms reserved for a pretty decent price. Plus they offer shuttle service within five miles. Glad you put me onto this. Kinda ***** coming into an area you are not familiar with and getting all kinds of surprises!! Hope to see you there in August!

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We went last year, it was a really cool event. Met a lot of cool Viper guys, toured CAAP, saw a lot of very cool cars. We may go next year, too.

OP
OP
A

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going with another couple and possibly a third. Was there a few years ago and cruised with some friends. Traffic hardly moved but it was nice. Enjoyed sitting along Woodward just watching the cars and saw more there, than what we saw cruising.

Probably won't take the Viper since other couples are going. If I was going alone, I'd definately take the Viper. Have to pack all the great sites in with only 1-1/2 days being there, it's not easy!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do go you're welcome to hang out with the Motor City Viper club event on Thursday night. We usually have an event on Woodward the Thursday before the actual Cruise day. It's one of our largest events of the year and have had over 50 Vipers in the past. Last year we had it at the Coffee Beanery at 12mi & Woodward.

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'LL BE BACK:D
Hope to see everyone join use again this year! Need to have a record crowd!
I want to see your 1 of 1 car Ben!:headbang:

A99SilverACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Detroit guys I will be moving to MI in 2 weeks and will be at the dream cruse with the ACR!

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What city are you locating to? If you change your affiliation in time, you may be able to make the AWESOME Winter party.
Good luck in your move.

A99SilverACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i'm planing to attend this thurs. also but have not registered is this a problem?

A99SilverACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys I ended up working late on a test engine :( But I did get the 305 Toyo R888's mounted on the front of the car last night :) I'll be up there Saturday at both the Magna & Motorwerks Display. Is anyone else going on Sat?

My 600 HP, If your there or the Grailkeeper or other SRT guys shows please call me on my cell I’ll try to meet with you guys. (607)727-7247

I'm going to an Auto -x at MSU next weekend its 2 days Sat & Sun. We should get some more vipers up there!

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us attend on short notice Jess. We had a nice time.
We'd like to bring a few more Vipers & friends to next year's event!

Denny & Ginger

ZESTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Denny & Ginger it was great to meet you. We have reserved the same place for next year so bring as many Vipers as you like. Check our website for future details. MCVO Home

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw a 96 or 97 Blue with white stripe GTS yesterday on 75 (I think it was 75??) just south of Rochester. Anyone here? Leftover Woodwardite? :eater:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? I half expected to see tire marks all over the road by where your house would be.

But then again, my mistake. Red cars cant spin their tires. Not enough juice. ;):rolaugh:

:poke:

:D

Ha, that's only because I get a little nervous when I spin my tires at 80mph in 3rd gear.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456