World Challange 5th & 7th

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its tough being a 1 man race team. i am scheduled to race at atlanta, i was going to piggy back off another team so i had a crew chief & crew lined up. the race team has decided to back out. Being a true competator i am not backing out this is way to important to me and i am a ****** at pro racing,(yes this will be my first) might someone out there in viper land be able to tell me what to expect. what to do & what not to do? if someone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank why don't you contact Rich wesorick who has posted some of the Comp Coupe stuff from Mid-Ohio and he will put you in touch with Ben Madey. Ben was the owner of the Viper Speed cars which raced in World Challenge for a couple of years.

OP
OP
FrankBarba

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car will be prepped to the best of my ability before i get to the track. i will be in a position to make minor changes but no major ones. i spoke with robin mckay yesterday about not being listed. the list on the board is not updated. I am definately allowed to participate. although i will not be racing a viper i will be the lone dodge mark. this i am sure of. i will be in the racer stuff.com dodge neon.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Frank,
Congratulations for making the big step.
I worked for factory and private teams for 6 years before starting a professional race as an owner / builder / driver. What I learned in the years prior to my pro-driver debut in '92 prepared me well, but man-o-man, get ready to be thrown in the deep end.
Too much to tell you here. Call me sometime. I "might" be able to help you out with crew and equipment. Jacksonville is 5.5 hours from Road Atlanta.

OP
OP
FrankBarba

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks to all that either emailed, called or answered this thread. I have found help. Hopefully everything will work out just fine. if not i'm sure that this will be a great learning experience & a learning curve. If anyone is attending the races stop by.

frank barba

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456