Would anyone like to help?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Next Sunday Myself and my friend Bob with his Prowler will be going to a local car show held by Wayne's Speedshop in South Amboy from 9AM to 12PM. It's their 3rd annual Toys For Tots show, from what I've been told it's pretty good! They collect unwrapped toys to give to kids that aren't fortunate enough to be able to receive them and I think that with all the trouble we've had here in Jersey, especially down south, things are going to be a little more difficult than years before due to the hurricane. I'll also be there to cover everything.

Now I have some things I'm going to be taking to give myself. I figured I would throw it out there to see if anyone else wants too. Let me know.

You must be registered for see images

--RS

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Great idea! Would love to help....but live a ways away...so..if you accept paypal..I'd be happy to send you something so you can go get a toy for me..?!
PM me with your paypal address.

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Vipernut! PM sent!

If anyone else wants to help PM me. I'm going to keep this open to Friday November 30th till 10 PM EST. Then Saturday morning me and my girlfriend can run over to Toys R Us and pick up toys equal to the total, then box it all up from the VCA to the Toys for Tots. I'll document everything.

Current list of donors
vipernut
AJ02

THANK YOU! :2tu::headbang:

--RS

Last edited:

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
Done Ron!!
My pleasure....
I hope you get lots of support...as you said it's a very worthy cause...ESPECIALLY given what they've just gone through.
Good on you for doing this.

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have our Secretary/Treasurer Janey White contact you with a donation from the VCA Ohio Region.

Wow, Randall you guys rock! Now I def need to take a trip out to Ohio to visit you guys! Every time Kevan posts photos on Facebook I get super jealous by how awesome the Ohio events are! :2tu:

--RS

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to try to make this. Hopefully we get good weather and clean roads - for some reason my town decided to salt the hell out of the roads today in anticipation of snow, so I'm hoping for rain to wash it away.

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to try to make this. Hopefully we get good weather and clean roads - for some reason my town decided to salt the hell out of the roads today in anticipation of snow, so I'm hoping for rain to wash it away.

Sounds good! Would be great to have you there!

Updated list of donors
Vipernut
AJ02
Timnineside

--RS

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OKAY! Today is the last day! Tonight I will close the donations and begin documenting everything. Then Tomorrow morning I will be heading over to the local Toys R' Us to pick up the toys.

Updated list of donors
Vipernut
AJ02
Timnineside
Ohio Viper Club Region

Thank you again so much guys! I can't wait for the show on Sunday, It's supposed to be 54 degrees but cloudy. Better than in the 30's!

--RS

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that's it! The door is closed!

I am pleased to announce that, with help of the Ohio Viper Club, VCA forum members Vipernut, AJ02 and Timninside we have raised a total of $270 for Wayne's Speedshop Toys for Tots Hot Rod gathering! Tomorrow morning I will be stopping over at the local Toys R' Us to pick up the toys for Sunday's show. Thank you all so much for helping out! I was kinda on the fence about posting and if anyone was going to reply. Again thanks to Maureen, Arthur, Tim, Randall and the Ohio VCA for stepping up to the plate. Intense, I hope you can make it! I actually don't live to far from the place so if you want to stop by and go down together PM me. I have my cameras on charge now and the VOI12 pad ready for a written list of all the toys! I hope the Magnum has enough room! :2tu:

--RS

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
I hope you got a DIECAST VIPER or two in there for some lucky boy or girl!!!!!!! LOL!!

So...we'll do it again next year!

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're good. Will make your extra trip worthwhile. Check your email. ** ** ** Santa is coming early!

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WELL! NOW! We are done! Thank you all that helped out! The GRAND total is $511! Four gigantic double bagged bags worth of toys! Tom and his wife donated an extra $100, My family put in an extra $50 and the manager at the Toys R' Us threw in a 15% off $150 coupon so we could buy more toys for less! I couldn't believe how much we saved in the two trips we made. (TRU had ALOT of sales, mostly buy one, get one half or free sales good stuff. It was roughly between $80-90 that we saved thanks to my girlfriend) We got everything there was to choose from. Wrestling toys, superheroes, dolls, Hot Wheels, a board game or two and plushes.

Mainly I kept three guidelines. Nothing more expensive than $15 per toy I wanted it to have value, the toy shouldn't be crazy small as I didn't want choking hazards (you never know), and the toy had to be worth the child's time. I felt that superhero masks where alot cooler than just a $12 6-inch figure. Who wouldn't want to play a hero? Same thing with the wrestling belts, who wouldn't want to be the champ? Those were some of the things I had in mind. I also found some really cool $5 model car kits. They are paper (cardboard) type that snap together like legos and you build it on a chassis with a pull-back motor I believe, but over all very cool and simple you know? I grabbed 4 different kits as they provided that same challenge a lego set would but it doesn't require any tools. I did get two deluxe Home Depot wooden model plane kits I thought were $7 a piece, turned out to be $30 each! But whatever I think those will make good family projects. :)

So there you have it. I'm tired. Gotta get up at 7 AM and be out of here by 8 to deliver the toys. I'm gonna throw on the reindeer antlers just because santa needs a cool sleigh. :smirk:

You must be registered for see images attach

Oh and did somebody ask about Vipers? Don't worry I got that covered.

You must be registered for see images attach

--RS