Wow-Pleasantly Surprised-Bburago RT !!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, adding to my collection of RT's, thanks to Chad, I purchased a '93 (it says) black RT/10 w/silver stripes. This is very much like the real '96.

Was I surprised when I opened the box today, to find that the seats were tan with racing 3 pt belts and chrome Gen II wheels!

You must be registered for see images attach

Now, I'm certainly not a big collector and not well versed in the variations of what is offered by either Bburago and Maisto. BUT, I do have four other Bburago RT's and they are all the same....Gen I's, just different colors. This is the first and only RT/10 I've seen with Gen II wheels and chrome no less!

Its really nice! Too bad its not red.:(

Last edited:

danfromohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That one came both ways, with 3 spoke and the 5 spoke wheels. Not sure if one is rarer than the other. The yellow with red stripes also came with the 5 spokes, as did the McViper and the White with blue RT10.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! Don't have any of those mentioned in 1:18, so that is why I was surprised.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And, looking closely, the details and chrome are more impressive on the black car, more noticeable. Also, though I need to double check, looks like the center caps on the wheels are painted black.

Anyway, I guess over time, I will try to add a few more...as I do like the look of the McViper. But, I am already just about out of space where I have them displayed and not sure I can make much more.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And, looking closely, the details and chrome are more impressive on the black car, more noticeable. Also, though I need to double check, looks like the center caps on the wheels are painted black.

Anyway, I guess over time, I will try to add a few more...as I do like the look of the McViper. But, I am already just about out of space where I have them displayed and not sure I can make much more.

If you want the McViper, start looking now. It took me almost a year of near daily searching Ebay (and other sites) to finally get one and it wasn't cheap. I think I paid $70 + shipping (without the box). As usual, some members on this website were a huge help! I bet I got 5-6 ***/emails letting me know it was on Ebay or I might've missed it. Thanks To DanfromOhio, I now have the box for it as well.

Since I bought my Bburago McViper model in in 06', I've only known of a couple more to show up on Ebay. Im sure I've missed a few, but it certainly isn't a common Ebay item. I even did Google searches and found websites of people who owned the BBurago model and would email them and see if they were interested in selling. No luck. I called places that sold model cars, talked to model car vendors at carshows/swap meets and was a regular at KB Toys. No luck from any of those places. IIRC, my max Ebay bid when I did buy my model was $150. I really wanted that car :D

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya, Chad! Haven't seen one yet on Ebay, but haven't been looking all that much either. For $70-$150, not going to try to buy it...out of my price range, as collecting these is not much of a priority with all the other expenses I have around here.

Back in the day, before married with kids, wouldn't have passed on these things...have a pretty good collection of 1:18 GT1 Porsches, from when I used to own my 911. Spent lots on those, now they just sit in a box in the closet. :(

I really only display them in the garage as it adds a little "niceness" to an otherwise boring and messy garage!

By the way, I checked and was wrong about the center caps being painted black. It is actually on all the 1:18's, just the black hub that the wheel snaps onto that shows through in the center.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth