Wow, this forum died over the years...

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by ArlyDude, Jun 8, 2018.

1. ArlyDude

ArlyDude Viper Owner

I remember 10 years ago, this place was hopping and now......crickets.

2. AviP

AviP Viper Owner

Mothballed!

3. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

You ever try to look up the answer to a GEN 1-3 Viper question on FB or Twoter…..?

4. KyViper

KyViper Viper Owner

I agree that the posting traffic has dropped off, but the knowledge and experience in this Forum is still probably the best.
    I may not post or reply everyday, but I do visit everyday and like to see and here what is going on with other members and their Vipers.
    Ky

5. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President

Some of that likely just has to do with the car as well. When the car was in the limelight and selling 1000+ units a year you likely would have a lot more people asking questions. Now I think it has a lot more to do with service and fixing issues compared to talking about the latest and greatest. Many of us may have had Vipers for years so we don't have to ask questions for every issue because we've already seen them before. When it's new to everyone there's going to be a lot more chatter I'd expect.

6. GRANGER73

GRANGER73 Viper Owner

I’m amazed that neither one of the clubs has made any effort to capture the GEN1/GEN2 crowd. As the GEN5 records begin to fall, and the Corvettes start rewriting the record books those poor folks will have nowhere to go.

ViperJeff likes this.
  7. Solid Red 98

Solid Red 98 Viper Owner

Many of the reasons above are valid, plus but forums in general, are seeing declining traffic. Fewer keyboards. Smart phones and tablets dominate, and other media is taking over, ie facebook and instagram. Anyway, talking and communicating is so, last century......

8. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

@GRANGER73

All they need is a few to step up and get the conversation going. As others have posted, social media has destroyed the searchable conversation and reduced comprehensive discussion to words lost!

9. ND4SPDLSC

ND4SPDLSC Enthusiast

I agree this is happening to a number of forums I frequent for a number of different cars - it is not unique to the Viper. However, as the car ages, interest does die off. Old owners post less as they have less questions and there are less new owners/churn each year. Certainly, the newer media types are not helping. I see a lot of questions on Facebook groups for specific cars and definitely more posts from some age groups.