Wow, what a ride!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a little trip yesterday to see some friends up in Blair, Nebraska. Needed to change the brake fluid in the Viper and some guy is trying to sell me a PT Cruiser up there (better hold it for me Bill!). I came back last night and got caught in some rain. No biggie, but one seriously dirty GTS.

So I went to the self-serve wash this evening to spray off some of the bigger spots and a few bugs that loved the car to death. The guys at the car wash let me hand wash there, so it turned out well. As I dried off the car, another black sports car pulled up next to me. By golly if it didn't have this weird sound coming out of it like a bad belt or something. Oh yeah.

So we got to talking and he was a great guy. Told me how he had raced (and spanked) a red GTS couple weeks ago. Admitted he had never ridden in a Viper and really loved everything about them. So of course I took him for a ride. We made a nice little circuit and he was impressed with the torque and the overall feel of the car. We came back and he told me I would have to go for a ride in his car sometime. I said, "How about now?" And away we went.

WOW! This car absolutely screamed. He hit the gas and it started to pull and then just plain roared. Hit second and went sideways. Straightened it out and then spun the tires going into third. Absolutely pinned me to the seats (and praying a lot). The car? 1995 Corvette convertible. The motor? 383 stroker bored to 385. The induction system? Procharger supercharger. The horsepower? Still tweaking the air/fuel mixture, but figures about 600 at the rear wheels. I don't doubt it for a bit.

It was a great ride and pretty darn frightening (he enjoyed flooring it around turns and curves, which inevitably left us getting squirrely). We got back to the car wash and the Viper had a couple admirers. Chris, the Vette guy, left a little while later. As he was leaving I told a couple guys in a Trans Am next to us, "DON'T race that guy - he will squish you like a bug, just as he would kill my car." They laughed and said, "Doesn't matter how fast it is, we would take a Viper over a Vette any day!"

Even still, that is one incredible Vette!

Chris

PS. I have encouraged him to join me at the track. He mentioned a cruise in and a few "serious guys" that get together afterwards. Told me I HAVE to bring the Viper, as it will be "the unicorn" that everybody will want to check out...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang