WTB: Rear Muffler Delete for Gen 2

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone out there have a rear muffler delete sitting around they arent using/havent thrown away yet?

I wouldnt mind taking it off your hands.

Thanks!!

BoeingMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be sure to post your results after you install...ehhh delete...ehhh well you know what I mean. good luck with yor quest.

Matt

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont have an extra one, but i love mine. got a random tech from jonB at partsrack.com

OP
OP
C

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ha, I quit looking at this post given the 2 weeks without a response. I know someone has one lying around in their garage collecting dust. Oh well, maybe someone will come out of the woodwork. If not, then it appears I will be asking for a Random Tech or B&B cat back for Xmas....

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, I quit looking at this post given the 2 weeks without a response. I know someone has one lying around in their garage collecting dust. Oh well, maybe someone will come out of the woodwork. If not, then it appears I will be asking for a Random Tech or B&B cat back for Xmas....

I may know of one available, I will check with the owner. What are you willing to spend?

OP
OP
C

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess it depends. If it's a used Random Tech or Snake Oyl unit, then a couple hundred bucks. If its a "made by your local Midas" then I would say 100 tops? Any more than that and I might as well just get myself a cat back.

Thanks for the help John! :2tu:

OP
OP
C

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Snake Oyl and Random Tech units are approx 600 bucks new. Ive always hoped to find someone selling a used one for a couple hundred. Never happens though. I could get one made around here, but I live in a "rich" area and any welding, even at a local Midas, is outrageous to say the least. I'm not cheap, I just don't allocate very much dinero to the Viper fund.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Adam,
How are you going to get around the emissions requirement in FFX county? I think for the headaches, a pair of HF cats would serve you better. Even if you're not throwing a code, your car (being OBD-II compliant) will show the cat status as "NOT READY" forever because the O2 sensors will show no delta in exhaust content.

OP
OP
C

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Kelly,

Eliminating the rear muffler will not effect emissions. I don't notice anywhere above where I talked about taking out the cats. I'm just talking about the rear muffler. Also, I do know people who have 02 sims on OBD2 cars that do pass the FFX County Emissions (plug and code) check. With 02 simulators cars will pass. :2tu: This has been verified on Supra turbos, etc..

But, in then end I plan on getting some high flow cats, not straight pipes. Like you said, too much of a headache.

We'll have to go for a drive soon, if I can ever get time to take her out for longer than an hour.