X-Metal Throttle Body?

BriansViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their are a lot of people receiving X-Metal TB. Did anybody install it yet, if so how do you like it?
Does it give you more HP like they said it will?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is in. First thing you will notice is much better throttle response. It is now immediate, whether partial or full throttle. the look is great and is not too bad to install. Worth the price, especially at the group buy price.

DSCF0469.JPG

Last edited:

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received mine, but the car is parked for the Winter.:(

It is schweet though!!:headbang:

Last edited:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got mine a few days ago. Still enjoying it on my desk. Hope to install it soon. I was wondering if you have to get your ecm reprogramed after the install? I had DC do it and was wondering if this changes the air fuel mix?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is a good question. I have the DC program as well but didnt change mine. We should probably ask Dan directly.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received mine but car is garaged for the winter along with me being stuck out in the Sand. I am sure there will be results by the time I get to installing mine. I got pics of mine and it sure does look good.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got mine a few days ago. Still enjoying it on my desk. Hope to install it soon. I was wondering if you have to get your ecm reprogramed after the install? I had DC do it and was wondering if this changes the air fuel mix?

FWIW, when I purchased DC's Flash for my SRT Ram, and the Viper, I was told that it was designed to work with all bolt-ons. So no adjustments should be needed.

Never hurts to ask though.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are a bunch now since X-metal did the group buy. I think he got 35 plus people.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so any before and after dynos of the XM or ROE?????

Im gonna add one ot the other with the CC cam/belangers/DC tune

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
WOW ! My X-Metal throttle body showed up today and it looks AWESOME! Group buy was a great deal - Thank You! Now if spring would just get here and if I could just get my Street Serpent completed.

Had to turn off the flash to get the first pic - BLING!

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got mine installed but the throttle is sticking a little bit at idle. about 50% of the time the car will idle between 1000-1500 until it hit the pedal once or twice and then it drops on down. I am going to take another look at it. As for the drivability, I can definitely tell a difference. On the positive it is much more responsive just off idle and the low rpm. have not had the dyno yet. doing that friday. On the negative, it is much more responsive just off idle...so it will jump a bit when driving slow in 1st if you are not careful. overall, I love it. just need to work out the idle issue.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PJJP, Nader and I are having similar problems, there's another current x-metal thread discussing a possible fix

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My engine builder told me that the blade should have been angle cut and not squared off. The proper way to fix this is to remove the blade and have it re machined with the proper edge. Or an even better fix it to have it made out of brass

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My engine builder told me that the blade should have been angle cut and not squared off. The proper way to fix this is to remove the blade and have it re machined with the proper edge. Or an even better fix it to have it made out of brass

Can you explain the theory about being angle cut? Any why out of brass?

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed my Xmetal TB last week. Let me say this about the instructions....... Accurate..... No Issues. Runs great, Gary is a standup guy. Alwasy returns calls, Treats you with respect when answering questions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960