Xenon or HID headlamps, has anyone installed them yet?

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them on right now. They are the Roe Racing ones. They are easy to install and look great. They do make a difference... Make sure that your lights are properly aligned before you put the HID in. This will maximize your lighted area. They are a true HID system too.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I also installed the Roe Racing HID system. Recommend the upgrade, BUT as VIP-RT10 states, confirm correct alignment before you install the HID's. I'd suggest marking on a garage wall where the standard light hot spot is (while the car is about 25 feet back) and without moving the car install the HID's. Then confirm the hot spot hasn't changed. If it has, you'll need to tweak the HID mounting base (via careful dremeling), instead of readjusting the headlight assembly because if you do you'll screw up the high beam alignment as the low beam is not independently adjustable. Care must be taken to have the xeon envelope match the halogen filament position (depth) for proper optics and have it centered for proper alignment (left / right / up / down).

I know as I had to make extensive dremel adjustments on my bulbs before everything lined up properly. HID's without proper alignment are much worse than correctly adjusted stock halogens. To be fair, my set was one of the first ones Sean made and knowing Sean, I'm sure the quality is now A1.</FONT f>

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Roe kit and I like it a lot. A buddy with a 01 GTS installed some kind of 'HID-like' bulbs and said that I wasted my money and his were probably just as bright. WRONG!!! We were parked next to each other so we compared them. Actually there was NO comparision. The HID's are much brighter and whiter than whatever he was running. He is now going to order Roe's kit. Hey Sean, how's about a little commission?
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper