Yaay I got one!!!

Jman77v309

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I first laid eyes on a Viper in person on December 2 1994 going down Atlantic Ave in Jax, FL. It was night time and it was a yellow RT/10. It was definitely love at first sight and a love that never went away. Promised myself one day and February 27th I took delivery of a 2000 Black GTS. I cant say Ive ever been happier. I hope to learn all i can from you guys and forgive the Noob questions. I live in Oviedo, FL for the time being just wanna say hi and ask how good are central Florida service facilities with Vipers. BTW its Black with blue stripes and cognac interior. Bone stock I believe but I will take pics soon enough once shes on break.. Hi everyone

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woo Hoo, Way to Go :headbang: Welcome to the great world of the VCA :D

Your dead right, :needpics:

Sounds like an interesting colour / Stripe, Interior combo,

I don't think the Blue stripes would have been factory painted, but I'm sure someone on here will put us straight :) I think the stripes were Silver for 2000 cars (mine are).

Take your time and get used to the Gear shifting, it can be a little tricky until you get used to it. Especially when shifting from the top of 3rd into 4th, if you dont palm the stick away from you you can drop into 2nd :omg: Not good ;)

What tires are you running? If their Pilot Sport ones, chances are they will be way past their use date, There are threads on this site telling you how to check for tire age ;) The amount of tread is irrelevant ;) The rubber goes hard, if you put the gas down hard be very very careful ;)
Enjoy your new toy
Mark
:uk:
2000 FAST RED GTS, No 92 ALMS Replica

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. If your car is the same car I think it is then I'm sure you'll be hearing from the guy who added the wheels and stripes to it. He posts here from time to time and does some fantastic customizations to his Vipers.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and black with blue stripes is definitely one of the best combo's.

Enjoy and respect it !

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on your viper and your right....you never forget your first sighting of a Viper.:2tu:
My first sighting was at a Dodge dealership in Stockton Ca. a 92 Rt/10 and my first sighting of a GTS was in Stockton Ca. a Blue and White heading south down hwy 99. I caught up with him and i gave him the 2 thumbs up as I drooled and he smiled and speed off like a bullet.

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!! Intersesting color and stripe combo, post some pictures when you can.

Hope you have some $$$ left over, in the coming months you'll be wanting to do upgrades

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost guarantee you have BlueBatmobile's old Viper. Do a search for some of his older posts and you can see some GREAT pics of the car and maybe some info about it (mods, etc)!

Congrats thats a BEAUTIFUL car you have now!

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Jman77 version 309! Welcome to viper ownership...you will have a blast! By the way, whatever happened to version 308 :dunno:.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a yellow car years ago created a new VCA member today! Yellow does it again! :yay:

Congrats! And yes, pics would be good! :)

Welcome to the Viper Nation!

V

Venomiss

Welcome and congratulations on your Viper!

Yes, pictures please.

OP
OP
J

Jman77v309

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First off I want to say thanks to everyone for the welcome and the support and Im amazed at how you guys found that GTS. Yes BLK n BLU's linked directly to the GTS I purchased. She still has the same wheels (i am gonna clean them up as shes been sitting for a long time) everything is still the same on her. I picked her up out of a dealership in Merriam Kansas. I cant believe shes been all over and believe me shes not going anywhere else..I work at night so my posts are late, and all i can keep saying is Man i cant believe ive lived this long without a Viper. The link didnt say who the owner was it just had jeff asking who it belonged to. Im gonna stay reading all the posts before the shower of Noob questions begin =). Also yes i live very close to UCF. Again thank you all very much for your responses and hope to learn all I can. Funny I was thinking the same thing about a yellow Viper being the one that made me go gaga since then. Im thinking of getting the stripes painted on since theyre starting to peel off.. Such a difference going from my S2000 to my Y2k gts. Did I say already how long Ive been in love? LOL...

Last edited:

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMan,

What year S2000 did you come from...I'm in the same boat as you...saw my first viper rt/10 (black) back in 95 and have wanted one since (the dream was recently realized). I am also new to this scene as I recently sold my 2008 Black S2000 CR to acquire the Viper.

OP
OP
J

Jman77v309

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still have my 2005 suzuka blue as its my DD. Go figure a Honda during the week and the Dodge for the special occasions.. I already got the first Butt chewing for spending too much time in the car (even though i wasnt driving it). Life is grand lol..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave