Yesterday things just clicked...

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's late Autumn here in New England, winter is just a few weeks away. The leaves are falling and it's cold (damp). I wanted to take a ride, I needed some quality time in the car to reflect. To close out the season, prepare me for the winter.

I needeed some music so I stopped at the local music store. I'm an old **** of 44 so I was looking for a production of Simon and Garfunkle called Old Friends. This is a live show from 2004 in NYC. The direct result of what it is to be American and "all that". If you know this music, I don't need to explain myself.

On the Highway I passed a few... they moved over and waited for me. I got off the freeway and looked for some secondary roads. While driving through a sleepy town in NH, there were a couple boys out raking leaves. They stopped to watch...one of them leaned on his rake and acted proud. He knew...
Shortly thereafter I stopped for gas. The kids in the truck next pump looked over in amazement, I winked...
Down the road at a stop light a Dodge Durango pulled beside me beeping his horn frantickly. Screaming at his son "That's A Viper". I beeped back and tapped the throttle.

...No other car, no other car club.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's late Autumn here in New England, winter is just a few weeks away. The leaves are falling and it's cold (damp). I wanted to take a ride, I needed some quality time in the car to reflect. To close out the season, prepare me for the winter.

I needeed some music so I stopped at the local music store. I'm an old **** of 44 so I was looking for a production of Simon and Garfunkle called Old Friends. This is a live show from 2004 in NYC. The direct result of what it is to be American and "all that". If you know this music, I don't need to explain myself.

On the Highway I passed a few... they moved over and waited for me. I got off the freeway and looked for some secondary roads. While driving through a sleepy town in NH, there were a couple boys out raking leaves. They stopped to watch...one of them leaned on his rake and acted proud. He knew...
Shortly thereafter I stopped for gas. The kids in the truck next pump looked over in amazement, I winked...
Down the road at a stop light a Dodge Durango pulled beside me beeping his horn frantickly. Screaming at his son "That's A Viper". I beeped back and tapped the throttle.

...No other car, no other car club.

Great story... except for the part about winking at little boys... gives me the *******. :D

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm an old **** of 44 so I was looking for a production of Simon and Garfunkle called Old Friends. This is a live show from 2004 in NYC.

Cool story, thanks for sharing. I know the tour you're talking about. I have the DVD and CD. Both are GREAT to watch and listen to. BTW, Im 24 and this music appeals to me, so dont feel too old. ;)

Fuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very cool story.

As a former resident of Londonderry, I have to admit that I sorta miss those autumn drives and the "changing of the leaves."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss