Yet another new RT/10 hard top

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry this top took so long. Many of you have been asking for it ever since the new trunktop hit the market. Although this one piece version does not fit in the trunk, it is pretty sleek and clean looking plus it will keep several hundred bucks in your pocket. At $2195 painted, I think it is the least expensive new top you can purchase for a Viper ($1795 in primer).

1186OP2-med.JPG

1186OP1-med.JPG

BTW- Although I can't do a group buy on the Trunk Top yet, I can on these if you guys want to do that.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was trying to find where the top was dripping from!

Just kidding. We are making repicas of the Gen 1 side exhaust so a gen 2 guy can convert to side exhaust at a decent price. Also a replacement for damaged G1 cars as the aluminum versions from Dodge are up to $5600 a pair! OUCH!

They will be fire retardant fiberglass/resin and come with a muffler wrap to keep temps down.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just make sure to leave the black part like stock. Not into the smooth sills with sidepipes. An affordable replacement would be great.

EXACTLY! Autoform makes these in smooth style for a good price. They build a nice product but I did not find the Gen 1 "pipe" style on their site so I assumed they did not make it. I have no desire to put anything on the market that is currently being made (unless poor quality or way overpriced).

Jeff

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Autoform side sills. They are excellent quality. I can't use them anymore, so I am selling for the best offer. They include the heat shields and are already painted Viper blue :2tu:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good looking roof..I like the smooth lines..
I have a set of Gen one fire retardant fibre glass Gen 1 sills sitting in my attic...
Can take pics if anybody is interested in how they would look..

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Nice Jeff!!... We both knew if would be a matter of time before we started making similar products. We will be selling a similar One-Piece top as well, pictures will be posted this week!..

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Jay Leno has one on his black RT/10 he got from NBC.

Yes, this top (and Biffs new version) are very much styled after the rare aluminum TGF top. There are small differences in the details, but the overall advantage of these new versions is that Biff and I are making this type of top accept windows. The TGF did not have a window to fit it. There is also more of a curve in the overall design to allow for more headroom (about equal to the soft top, but not nearly as much room as the traditional double bubble.)

Jeff