Yet another reason why IVR is so important...

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me why this is a 94 with a 96 paint job, stripes, interior, etc.? Umm.. thats alota work to convert a 94 to 96 spec....

MM

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone ought to do a carfax on this and check. It looks good from the photos, but I agree that if it is a 94 someone spent alot of $ making it look like a 96. Currently at $28K is a good deal if its straight

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran CarFax, FREE Record Check Results

VIN: 1B3BR65E9RV100332
Year/Make/Model: 1994 DODGE VIPER RT/10
Body Style: Convertible
Engine Type: 2.0L L4 SMPI SOHC 16V
Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
Search Results: 6 records found in our database

IMPORTANT! The 6 records on this 1994 DODGE VIPER RT/10 will confirm a clean history or uncover potential problems. Find out by ordering the complete CARFAX Vehicle History Report.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vin is from a 94... so either the VIN is hacked from another car, or someone spent waaaay too much time making a 96 out of a 94. But the seller never mentions anything about a "conversion".. just says it's "mint"

MM

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I just sent him an e-mail....

VIN is "R" which makes it a '94, pics are definitely a '96.

let's see how he responds.

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The car was a recovered theft. The seller says so in the very last paragraph at the very bottom of the page. It still holds its clean title stat (i'm curious to know how carfax reports) but to the average person with some spending cash I bet this car looks real sweet...

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
MadMaxx brought up a good point - Are we looking at a 96RT with a 94 VIN or a 94RT with a 96 conversion?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If carfax (carf*cks) can't seem to get the difference between a 2.0 16V L4

Year/Make/Model: 1994 DODGE VIPER RT/10
Body Style: Convertible
Engine Type: 2.0L L4 SMPI SOHC 16V
Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
Search Results: 6 records found in our database

and an 8 liter V10.....

how could you think they might not miss the important wrecks that car has been in?

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Quoting Seller
On Jul-11-02 at 16:09:31 PDT, seller added the following information:
I AM GETTING LOTS OF E-MAIL REGARDING 1994-1996 BODY STYLE QUESTIONS. THIS CAR WAS BUILT WITH ALL 1996 BODY. NO PAINT WORK AT ALL. AND YES THE CAR IN THE PICTURES IS THE REAL CAR I HAVE FOR SALE. ALSO I AM NOT DISCLOSING MY RESERVE. HAPPY BIDDING
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Smells funny, kind of like
You must be registered for see images attach
Pretty big gaps where the hood closes. Seller claims the rear bumper cover is NOT distorted on the drivers side, but clearly it is.

MM are you selling your car?
supergrin.gif

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The body of that car looks like it was tacked on by someone sporting a white cane.A piece of junk like that gives all vipers a bad name.I don't have any problem with properly repaired vehicles,but that is a mess only a blind person could love. Bruce

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Quoting Seller
THIS CAR WAS BUILT WITH ALL 1996 BODY. NO PAINT WORK AT ALL.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm. 1 - Why would anyone choose to part out an entire body for the colour (assuming that was the reason of course)? 2 - Where would one get an entire 96 body in good condition (cheap enough to justify not buy a whole new car)? 3 - Would anyone rightfully sell a car they obviously knew they could never profit from? I mean why build it with such time/energy if you knew you were going to sell it at considerable loss?

I think of it this way, if I were going to by a wreck/theft and dump several hundred man hours (not to mention the cost of a whole new body) into restoring it, what would make me think I'd get the best possible price for it at auction? I have to side with Snake Bitten, though its against my waning optimism that people are generally good, I have to say something is sneaky about this car.

On the plus side though at least he admitted the car was an oddball instead of just playing it off like so many recent Lamborghini sellers.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He says he's not disclosing the reserve? Let me help him,there is no reserve.
bling[1].gif
newbie[1].gif
offtopic[1].gif
iamwithstupid[1].gif
ban[1].gif
angel.gif
Just wanted to try some of the smilies I've never used.