Yikes. Woke up this morning to a thick layer of FROST!!

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Summer is coming to an end fast. It's -4C here ( approx 26 F ) this morning. Days are getting shorter and soon it will be time to store my prized possesion. Any tips on how to store a Viper? LOL.. We should have another month and then it's off to bed for 6 months.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My morning was the opposite. Slight chill in the air, which means the perfect Viper driving weather is on the way.
Thank God. It’s been a long hot summer.

We should start a summer storage for you guys to send your Vipers too for the winter. I95 is beautiful in December :bonker:

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad,

As little gas as possible.... wouldn't it gel up faster with a small amount beiing there?

I thought there was some kind of additive to mix into the tank to prevent gelling, but I'm not sure.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most gas possible. That minimizes the amount of air that is sucked in and pushed out when the temperature changes small amounts. Each inhale and exhale brings water into the tank.

What does a guy in Georgia know about storing cars anyway? ;)

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely store car with a full tank of gas.

If you don't you risk the fuel sending unit which can become corroded and fail to properly indicate the tank fuel level. I know, I have had to replace a fuel sending unit for exactly this reason. There are "stablizing" products to prevent the fuel from gelling, not an issue. And for a mere 6 month storage you really don't need to worry about that much.

Here's a link with more details:

http://www.dccarcare.com/tipowk/tipowk15.html

-J

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive my Viper all threw the winter here in South Dakota,now before you guys bash me for it I don't ever drive it to work just a cruise on nice clear/dry days to keep the juices flowing threw the snake.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive my Viper all threw the winter here in South Dakota,now before you guys bash me for it I don't ever drive it to work just a cruise on nice clear/dry days to keep the juices flowing threw the snake.

I plan on doing the same. After may be it rains twice and the salt is totally washed out, I will take her out for a drive and fill up before I store again.

There is no way she's gonna just sit there for 6 months.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought everyone complains about the cabin heat in a Viper. I'd think that they would make a perfect cold weather driving car. :D

Anyway, the temp drops down below zero occasionally around here. I don't see any reason not to drive my Viper when it's cold outside as long as the roads are clear of ice, snow and leftover salt. I'll probably bring the hardtop up out of the basement first. No battery tender for me.

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been using premium fuel in all of my yard equipment since '93. Tractors, chain saws, **** whip, tiller, etc. I don't use any additives and haven't had any fuel issues. The chain saws might sit for 2 years and still fire right up.

Just my $.02

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Up here we dont have too many days after Nov 1st where there isnt snow everywhere. I can not think of a less fun car to drive in the snow than a Viper. Engage clutch....hit ditch..lol. With the meats on the back of this thing it would be impossible to keep it going in a strait line. Not that I would ever get it wet or drive it in the snow anyway. ha ha It will be safely tucked away with the 57 Chev and the bike all covered up waiting for me to come find them in the spring. I'll probably cry when I close the garage door for the last time this fall. Oh well. Snow toys are fun too.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, frost here yesterday morning and the leaves starting to fall. Time to store the Vipers.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

I plan on doing the same. After may be it rains twice and the salt is totally washed out, I will take her out for a drive and fill up before I store again.

[/QUOTE]

You have got to stop by when you do that. You can park by my snowmobile! ;)

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

You have got to stop by when you do that. You can park by my snowmobile! ;)

[/QUOTE]

you bet ;) :2tu: