Yikes!

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I'm impressed the bar behind the driver held. I always assumed in a rollover it would snap off and I would be decapitated.

It's scraped to hell, so it took a hit, but maybe it flexed in then popped back out once pressure was released? Or is there something in there more sturdy than plastic?

OP
OP
E

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm impressed the bar behind the driver held. I always assumed in a rollover it would snap off and I would be decapitated.

It's scraped to hell, so it took a hit, but maybe it flexed in then popped back out once pressure was released? Or is there something in there more sturdy than plastic?

No no, this is a proper viable roll bar on the RT right????

Looks like it did it's job here.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to the site Wrecked Exotic Cars - Pictures of Expensive Car Crashes and Wrecks. There are over 400 photos of wrecked Vipers. If you click on the photo, it makes it bigger. If you click on it again, it opens up and has an explanation of what happened. The explanation for the photo above was : 2002 Dodge Viper RT-10

Description:
Took the onramp too fast, lost control and ended up on its side facing Westbound on the Eastbound side of the freeway Location:
Placerville, CA

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to the site Wrecked Exotic Cars - Pictures of Expensive Car Crashes and Wrecks. There are over 400 photos of wrecked Vipers. If you click on the photo, it makes it bigger. If you click on it again, it opens up and has an explanation of what happened. The explanation for the photo above was : 2002 Dodge Viper RT-10

Description:
Took the onramp too fast, lost control and ended up on its side facing Westbound on the Eastbound side of the freeway Location:
Placerville, CA

They probably got the year wrong, there were no silver RTs in 2002. 98/99 only. Still hard to look at :crazy2::crazy2:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
eliems, it is not "a proper roll bar" ...but, in many accidents, it has been observed to have been surprisingly sturdy and beneficial.

Generally, one can not say the same about the stock Gen III Vipers.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They probably got the year wrong, there were no silver RTs in 2002. 98/99 only. Still hard to look at :crazy2::crazy2:

Or, it could be the photo quality. In 2002 graphite metallic was available and it was much lighter than the current iteration of that color. The description listed does not name the color.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960