YOU ARE HERE (pic)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And don't worry a bit, the bombs rarely hit any Vipers:

You must be registered for see images

If you remember my posts from last summer (First, send in the medical units... and Hey Mom, guess what I got at the air show...) then you know it is getting to be that time of the year again: Whiteman Air Force Base (home of the B-2 Stealth Bomber) has once again asked the Viper Club to lead the charge and join them for Wings Over Whiteman. After extensive security screening, you will parade your Vipers in front of the visiting dignitaries and Air Force brass. You will then park your Vipers in a row exactly where you see the cars above - right on the tarmac and in the middle of all the action! Having learned from last year (sunburns), the Kansas City VCA has since purchased two large awnings (with Viper logos) to keep everybody cool and comfortable when they aren't busy checking out some serious military hardware. We invite ALL Vipers to join us again this year for this very special event. The cost? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

We will be attending on Saturday, June 19th and will depart Kansas City around 6:45 AM for the 50 mile drive to Whiteman. It goes by VERY fast. As this event requires prior security clearance (your Viper will be next to the B-2, B-1B, F-16, etc.), you MUST RSVP with me prior to May 30th. Unlike most Viper events, there are NO "last-minute" additions allowed by the Air Force. We had a good turn out last year with around 17 Vipers. After we posted the pictures, we had a LOT of people that wished they had joined us. Here is your chance to do just that, and we would LOVE to double our number this year. All VCA members are welcome, with Vipers of course. ;)

Hope to see YOU "here"!!

Chris

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Right, the bombs rarely hit people, but the planes often crash and burn into large crowds. (Part of the excitement of going to an airshow these days...)

Looks like a lot of fun though! :headbang:

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

I will plan on being there. Bring a hat! Kansas City in June is about 195 Degrees.

It was a lot of fun last year.

Jerry

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What? Recycling a post that is over 2 years old? YOU BETCHA! The US Air Force has once again invited the entire Viper Club of America (with your host, the Kansas City Region) to join us at the 2006 Wings Over Whiteman Air Show being held June 17th & 18th. Want more information? Drop me a PM or an e-mail at [email protected] and we will get you all you need. Can we do it even BETTER than last time? Me thinks so! :2tu:

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2K..

Count me in!!!! I redeploy to KS June 10th...

I am stationed at McConnell AFB in Wichita!

I already have the base stickers to get on base but I am sure they will have tight security checks to get out on the flight line..

Been to Whitman dozens of times... its great!

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After flying around in a C-130 for 20 years I'm running the other way from anything that has wings! Ya'll have fun!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude